Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2006, 05:11 AM

Default Re: Official Stars $200 1m Guaranteed

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
that dude doesn't like the fold button, does he?

[/ QUOTE ]

finaltablehelp.com?

Maybe too late.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOOOOOOOL OBV.
Old 04-03-2006, 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Watching some of this play just makes me cry. How can these players manage through 7+ hrs playing so poorly.

[/ QUOTE ]
i've been discussing this with people the last few weeks (excluding the 1k buy in which had mostly solid players towards the end) and all of the stars $215's seem to finish with so many terrible players at the final 2 tables or so. there is just so much luck involved in these marathon mtts...though it does make me sad when i see these complete morons pulling in 5 and 6 figure paydays *sigh* :/

[/ QUOTE ]
The people complaining about bad play at the FTs never seem to be the ones making them, lol.

Now who are the biggest morons - those getting lucky or those calling for stronger opposition?
Old 04-03-2006, 06:37 PM

so so disappointed with this finish. I lost the biggest coinflip of my poker career when my QQ lost to AK, then a steal attempt didn't work out, then made a bad bad call with A6 probably due to my dreams being crushed with the queens. Then my 9s couldn't triple up against K3 and J7 and I was out.

Other than the A6 I think I played very well. Any advice on what you guys saw would be cool though. I recently started playing on Stars regularly after being successful on Full Tilt and have had a lot of success. I truly believe I can compete with these well known tournament players. I am hopefully on my way up and I think you will see me up on the leaderboard again soon.

I've posted here a few times but thought I'd use this to introduce myself or whatever.
Old 04-03-2006, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Watching some of this play just makes me cry. How can these players manage through 7+ hrs playing so poorly.

[/ QUOTE ]
i've been discussing this with people the last few weeks (excluding the 1k buy in which had mostly solid players towards the end) and all of the stars $215's seem to finish with so many terrible players at the final 2 tables or so. there is just so much luck involved in these marathon mtts...though it does make me sad when i see these complete morons pulling in 5 and 6 figure paydays *sigh* :/

[/ QUOTE ]
The people complaining about bad play at the FTs never seem to be the ones making them, lol.

Now who are the biggest morons - those getting lucky or those calling for stronger opposition?

[/ QUOTE ]
the reason i dont make any FT's is bc i dont play any mtts anymore, besides the occasional VIP freeroll on the weekends. I still standby my view that the bigger morons are those getting lucky