View Poll Results: K-fed
yea 2 15.38%
nay 11 84.62%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-26-2007, 08:54 AM

Default Re: Bonds bitter over departure from Giants

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it is just stupid to act like his isn't a player who produced a ridiculously gigantic outlier number of wins and success and left this much bad will. You can argue for not considering him in the wrong but you can't argue that a huge amount of people don't disagree with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, i see what you're saying....I totally agree with you here. I certainly can't argue that an enormous amount of people dislike Bonds, for whatever reasons.

Success in competitive environemnts breeds hatred. Enormous success breeds enormous hatred.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? Was MJ hated? Is Tiger hated? Was Gretzky hated? There may be a few that hated them, but if Bonds is considered the GOAT, the level of hatred against him is far more than all three of those others put together. That isn't media hatred. It's because BB is a prick.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I love how every thread three or four new posters come out of the woodwork and RedBean owns them all.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's easy to win arguments when your basis is: Bonds isn't nice to the media, so they pile on him. That takes away the ability of others to use any media info to defend their statements, while RedBean uses quotes from Aaron's book, etc, at will.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:20 AM

RedBean:
Read this article and along with his comments from other night, tell me Barry isn't bitter?

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...=032&sc=124

Of course, without dismissing this as another media writer who doesn't like Bonds, feel free to discuss the facts he brings up about Barry's behavior the last week of the season. Why didn't Barry play any the last two weeks (except the last game) if he was still taking BP? Why didn't he participate in the tribute for him?

It's all a media conspiracy. Barry's really a great guy.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:24 AM

Oh, I forgot to mention. In that last game at SF, Barry had cleared out both his lockers and was out of the stadium before the last out. No pre or post-game interviews. No news conference. No tribute on the field (where his teammates were waiting).

Yeah, he's not bitter.

It's all a media conspiracy. Barry is a great guy.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yet he blows off the article that started this thread as a rogue reporter....

[/ QUOTE ]

Read the article, and tell me whether or not Bonds said he was bitter about his departure, or if it's the narrative opinion of the author of the piece.

If you want to get nitty about the semantics of it, then let's do it already:

Did Bonds say he was bitter over his departure? No.
Did the author interpret it that way? Yes.

Hence, Bonds didn't say he was bitter....a newspaper man told me he was....
Old 10-26-2007, 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

That isn't media hatred. It's because BB is a prick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course...and he's a prick because the media tells you so.

Sheesh.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

It's easy to win arguments when your basis is: Bonds isn't nice to the media, so they pile on him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, the basis of my argument is that Barry Bonds has never violated the MLB steroid policy, which is indisputable fact.

Pick up a newspaper, turn on a TV or radio, go to a bookstore, and you'll be told and an entirely different story.

And yet you wonder why it may seem just a *wee bit* to an objective observer that the media is biased against him.

[ QUOTE ]
That takes away the ability of others to use any media info to defend their statements, while RedBean uses quotes from Aaron's book, etc, at will.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um...Aaron isn't exactly a hack reporter projecting his narrative interpretations onto someone else....he wrote the book himself, about himself.

Feel free to cite Bonds' own words against him...I'm sure he's got quite a few soundbytes around that make him look bad in various contexts.....trouble is, don't listen to TOO much of his press conferences or pressers....you might just start to realize he isn't the big bad wolf he's painted out to be.

You mentioned before the hatred at him far surpassing Gretzky, Jordan, and Woods....and I'd agree.

Hell, at times it seems like the vitriol is more similar to OJ, Bundy, and Gacy than it is similar to any other sports figure.

And then you sit back and shake your head when you remember that Bonds hasn't actually done anything to anybody....aside from showing up the park year in and year out for 20+ years and launch baseballs.

I find it amazing that people can justify such seething hatred for a man they never met...true, geniune seething hatred...not just regular old disdain or dislike, or indifference...but active, geniune hatred for the man.... over his ability to play a child's game....and yet those same folks then preach about the importance of character and integrity in their baseball players, when they don't even seem to value it much in what appears in their bathroom mirrors.

I mean, seriously.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

That isn't media hatred. It's because BB is a prick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course...and he's a prick because the media tells you so.

Sheesh.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he's a prick because of his actions, which are clearly documented. Of course you choose to dismiss all of these reporters' actions because they're all out to get him.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yet he blows off the article that started this thread as a rogue reporter....

[/ QUOTE ]

Read the article, and tell me whether or not Bonds said he was bitter about his departure, or if it's the narrative opinion of the author of the piece.

If you want to get nitty about the semantics of it, then let's do it already:

Did Bonds say he was bitter over his departure? No.
Did the author interpret it that way? Yes.

Hence, Bonds didn't say he was bitter....a newspaper man told me he was....

[/ QUOTE ]

No, his quotes imply that he is. Does anyone bitter ever say they're bitter? Do they say when they're unhappy? No, not usually.

They do say things like:
"I did, and then I got fired. Shame on me, huh?"

Was Bonds fired? I don't think so. His contract wasn't renewed, because the Giants didn't want to pay him $10 million plus. Did the Giants' organization ever use the word 'fired'. No.

Someone who isn't bitter doesn't skip the ceremony after his last home game that was scheduled just to honor him. Someone who isn't bitter doesn't leave the stadium before the last out is recorded, refusing to take questions or interviews. Someone who isn't bitter doesn't skip his teams' last two weeks of games after the team decides not to resign him, but yet takes batting practice.

Barry is bitter, not because a reporter says so, but because of Barry's actions.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

It's easy to win arguments when your basis is: Bonds isn't nice to the media, so they pile on him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, the basis of my argument is that Barry Bonds has never violated the MLB steroid policy, which is indisputable fact.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you're trying to tell me that you didn't mind the media-bashing of Barry before the steroid issue came up? I doubt that.