Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 02:19 PM

Default Re: The San Diego Fires

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_State_Route_56
Old 10-23-2007, 02:26 PM

Melchy went back home after they reported on the news that things were lifted for most of Poway. Glad it seems like his area was spared.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:27 PM

Iggy, did he drink significantly when he was at your place?
Old 10-23-2007, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_State_Route_56

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow, it's gay how long it's taking to build that freeway. I think I-105 through LA had the same issue of taking forever. Also, Poway is gay for being all NIMBY about a freeway through there. I hope they have super congested streets as a result.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Iggy, did he drink significantly when he was at your place?

[/ QUOTE ]

He took a bottle of Jack to the head a few times, but he couldn't outmatch my roomie who was drunk off champagne.

--------------------------

Here's a picture from outside my deck. The left half is from May and the right half is from just now :

You can definitely see the difference but it's still not that heavy IMO. You can smell it pretty strong right now though. I got my place all closed up and candles lit so my place doesn't smell like a bonfire. The picture is facing Downtown, which is just over that hill.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:39 PM

Is there much ash or anything building up on the ground? One of my employees said the pool at their parents house was black. They turned on their fire suppression sprinklers and evacuated (i guess they have sprinklers in the back of their house that spray down the canyon behind them which is where a fire would come from. is that common?)
Old 10-23-2007, 04:35 PM

I wound up crashing at a friend's place in Clairemont last night...I got sick of the crappy slow updates online and since I don't have a tv I figured it would be easier to just drive down here and sleep without worrying about not hearing about a major change in the fire.

The air at my place in Torrey Hills was actually bad enough that I wanted to get away regardless of the evac zones. It was like sitting on the downwind side of a campfire constantly, in spite of having my A/C running. I was outside for like 5 minutes getting some food from Daphne's and my black shirt was covered in ash.

The air here in Clairemont is fine...a little hazy but no smell and no ash. Glad you guys stayed safe; hope everyone's homes stayed safe as well.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wound up crashing at a friend's place in Clairemont last night...I got sick of the crappy slow updates online and since I don't have a tv I figured it would be easier to just drive down here and sleep without worrying about not hearing about a major change in the fire.

The air at my place in Torrey Hills was actually bad enough that I wanted to get away regardless of the evac zones. It was like sitting on the downwind side of a campfire constantly, in spite of having my A/C running. I was outside for like 5 minutes getting some food from Daphne's and my black shirt was covered in ash.

The air here in Clairemont is fine...a little hazy but no smell and no ash. Glad you guys stayed safe; hope everyone's homes stayed safe as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I lived down there I'd have gone to stay with a buddy in Claremont instead, and gotten the hell out of that part of the state.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:55 PM

Here is a picture looking to the east from the top of my building in downtown San Diego.

This is the Coronado bridge and should give you an idea of the haze that is over all of downtown and San Diego bay.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:59 PM

Arnold giving his speech today was weird for me.

Made it feel fake.