BASTARD! 2 40.00%
ship it holla trollas 3 60.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 12:38 AM

Default Re: OT: [censored] thread, OCTOBER, READ RULES IN TOP POST

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The only thing that watching Office Space has taught me is that selling magazine subscriptions as a retarded cracked out black man is the nuts.

Also, the problem with work + part time poker is that I either a) can't have a life or b) hardly play much poker.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Make that part-time work + part-time poker. Or, you can take the Peter Gibbons approach and just stop going (paying bills optional obv.). Or at least without being totally unprofessional, you can be at work less if they're just keeping you around to axe you at their convenience

Being good at poker takes hard work and consistent effort. It may just be a short-term solution for you and is a grind like a job in the long-run, but the more you can put into it, the better off you're going to be in it (without driving yourself totally crazy, of course). If you want to have some life now, do what I used to do - at boring job that paid me, spend some time in the day studying poker - go over hand ranges, numbers, probability, strategy analysis, etc., etc. I mean, staring at your cubicle for an hour when you come into work is great and all, but being efficient with day-job/poker is prob. the better way to go.

Did I get in enough OS references? Fractions of pennies FTW.

[/ QUOTE ]

So basically, have a whiteboard with "Planning to Plan" written on it.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Did I get in enough OS references? Fractions of pennies FTW.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just don't forget your flair.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ok word up man like i'm drunken as [censored] and i'm bout to play as many tourneys as i possible can

[/ QUOTE ]

unless it's $6.50's or less, the whole pro thing isn't looking too good
Old 10-03-2007, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hey, anyone think me volunteering to be laid off if only a couple people need to be is a good strategy? I think I can work it in a way that won't make me seem like I *want* to leave (and I have mixed feelings about leaving anyway). At the same time, they haven't and likely will never officially say they can't keep everyone, until the very last second when they can't.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if thats a good idea unless you dont want unemployment/some kind of severance package. I have a feeling you could wind up with neither + no job.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually you can volunteer to be let go and still get the severance and unemployment. I've done it [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't doubt that you CAN do this, but I am saying the possibility exists that he might wind up without either. He might not want this job anyway.

Do what you think is right yugo. Only you know the answer to that.

[/ QUOTE ]

the funny part about mine is they needed too lay off 1/3 of the workforce. they did the whole severence plan etc, then asked for volunteers first.

They had more volunteers than they needed....
Old 10-03-2007, 12:49 AM

wiggs, also drunk and v. high here. any tournies u enter LMK if you want to do a last longer on (any amt of $ that isnt really significant).
Old 10-03-2007, 12:50 AM

I'm rethinking this sng thing. I get off work at 11 pm central time. Everytime I go to register at a table it's got 5 players who are winning players at the 16s. I can only play at prime times 7x a month. Sucks, I really enjoy sngs but not enough to beat my head against a brick wall for 4% or worse roi after work. I'm thinking of switching to playing cash games and mtts during non prime time.

It didn't matter at the 6.50s cause most of the good players had absolutely no clue. Sucks, I've spent alot of time studying sngs. I'm still on the fence.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wiggs, also drunk and v. high here. any tournies u enter LMK if you want to do a last longer on (any amt of $ that isnt really significant).

[/ QUOTE ]
such an obv scam.
Wiggs I'm even drunker and higher lets play 10/20 nl. It will be so funny.
<font color="white"> test because if they are really drunk they won't read this. </font>
Old 10-03-2007, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hypotron on stars ftw plz k thx.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm rethinking this sng thing. I get off work at 11 pm central time. Everytime I go to register at a table it's got 5 players who are winning players at the 16s. I can only play at prime times 7x a month. Sucks, I really enjoy sngs but not enough to beat my head against a brick wall for 4% or worse roi after work. I'm thinking of switching to playing cash games and mtts during non prime time.

It didn't matter at the 6.50s cause most of the good players had absolutely no clue. Sucks, I've spent alot of time studying sngs. I'm still on the fence.

[/ QUOTE ]

16s are the worst at the time period your referring to, imo the upper levels havent been as bad about that. If thats the only time you can play it may be a good idea to find a different main game at least for that time period.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:12 AM

So my idiot housemate decided he wanted chickens, so he drives his Hyundai to the local Home Depot to purchase supplies for a coop. He decides the ideal size would be however big he could make it while still allowing the Home Depot employees to pre-cut the pieces to fit into his car trunk. Obviously, he also bought a roll of "chicken wire." Figure 1 shows the project as it stood when I first heard about it. Note the clever use of discarded drop pieces from a shelf-building project of mine to supplement the underplanned structural materials.

Figure 1: Fatass housemate, stupid girlfriend, and rickety chicken coop under construction

Construction continued inside until I pointed out there might be issues with the fully "assembled" coop out through the doorways available. Construction was halted while the "planning team" attempted to "understand" what I was "talking about." After further explanation with finger puppets, construction was moved to the back yard.

The next morning, three chickens were procured from the local Berkeley feed store. The chickens were placed in the center of the yard while construction continued on the coop. It was discovered that chicken will not stay in one place, but rather wander aimlessly around (Figure 2).

Fatass attempts to contain his chickens.

When the coop was complete, chickens were placed inside of it (figure 3).

Figure 3: Chickens installed in my back yard.

Due to rickety construction, chicken would often escape and I would find them aimlessly eating my garden. One fine morning, I'd had enough of his half-assed attempts to contain his chickens and the damaged they caused once they got out, so I chased one down in our neighbor's yard and threw it in his room. I wish I had captured the look of shock and disbelief on the faces of him, her, and the chicken as I was lobbing it at them in the bed.

The chickens met a grisly end about a month later at the hands of a family of very large raccoons that lived in the giant redwood in the yard. Personally, I couldn't have been happier. It looked like someone had stuck an M80 in a chicken and blown it up. All that was left after two days was feathers. The raccoons dragged the rest away.
Closed Thread