FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Is it
true 25 59.52%
false 1 2.38%
not enough information 16 38.10%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-30-2007, 04:52 PM

Default Re: Public Service Announcement: BobO has been banned *DELETED*

what you think you are more important than kyro or something?
Old 09-30-2007, 04:53 PM

no i know i am
Old 09-30-2007, 06:04 PM

Durron, you're being a pretty big dick here. Just stop. I also think there is nothing wrong with those posts you linked (except reposting a topic thats been done to death, but that's not 'hate' worthy).

Tuq, your posts are well articulated and I agree. It is unfortunate that BobO is acting poorly here post-ban, I agree it will only hurt his cause. However, I disagree that 'he is always trolling'. To be honest, that's just his personality. Some stuff he posts sucks and I agree with you. Some stuff probably is considering trolling. Most is just him speaking his mind (albeit poorly). I haven't read most of his stuff, but if he is being racist/hateful (to people other than the mets lol), then I am wrong to defend him. I just don't think that's the case. And if he's not being this way, I don't think a ban is justified. Just my thoughts.

[ QUOTE ]
metsandfins,

It's hard to believe that one person could have that many contradictory opinions about everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely assure you that that person exists and has those opinions. But it's not really the opinions that cause the controversy, it is how he conveys them. If he expressed himself in a less antagonistic way, I don't think anyone would have a problem with him. Just sucks he can't control himself sometimes. He's not tactful. (That's no excuse for his behavior though).
Old 09-30-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Durron, I don't get it. You say that you have to remain impartial because you're a mod. Fine. But...

On one hand, you make a statement saying if you were able to play favorites, you would have reinstated BobO by now...then, OTOH you go out of your way to link posts incriminating him.

Something about that doesn't sit right. Make up your mind. Do you like or dislike him? Are you being impartial, or partial?

[/ QUOTE ]

I consider Bobo to be my friend. I do like him. But the objective facts are that he deserves the ban and there's really nothing I can do. If I was subjectively making decisions, I would try to get him unbanned as a friend. But the reality is, his posts in other forums (especially but not limited to sports) and I do, objectively, think the ban is justified. Clear now?
Old 09-30-2007, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Durron, you're being a pretty big dick here. Just stop. I also think there is nothing wrong with those posts you linked (except reposting a topic thats been done to death, but that's not 'hate' worthy).

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm trying to explain why I am not going out of my way to support a friend. Plus:

[ QUOTE ]
Re: Mike Vick gets me thrown out of a bar in St. Louis

the important question which hasnt been answerd is was the bartender black

[/ QUOTE ]

you really think there's nothing wrong with this post?
Old 09-30-2007, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Re: Mike Vick gets me thrown out of a bar in St. Louis

the important question which hasnt been answerd is was the bartender black

[/ QUOTE ]

you really think there's nothing wrong with this post?

[/ QUOTE ]

did you really miss the post in this thread pointing out that you missed the post in that thread which he was replying to?
Old 09-30-2007, 06:33 PM

as someone who is part-black, I think the amount of political correctness/racism-policing that goes on here is pretty ridiculous

People like Glenn Beck of CNN and Bill O'Reily of Fox News would get banned on this board in a heart-beat for 1/2 the things they've said. Now I hate them both, but if its acceptable for those two to spew venomous hate on national tv, then people should be able to go a lot further than that on an internet message board.

I'm sure that this has been discussed ad nauseam elsewhere, but I don't read ATF and just wanted to put my .02 out there.

cliffnotes : racism > fascism

also wanted to add that im not calling BobO a racist at all and haven't read anything he's said in other forums
Old 09-30-2007, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
as someone who is part-black, I think the amount of political correctness/racism-policing that goes on here is pretty ridiculous

[/ QUOTE ]
Chris Rock speaks the truth:

[ QUOTE ]
There ain't a white man in this room that would change places with me! And I'm rich! That's how good it is to be white. There's a one-legged busboy in here right now saying, 'I don't want to change. I'm gonna ride this white thing out, see where it takes me.'

[/ QUOTE ]
Then again, he's never been to 2+2.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:59 PM

The posts Durron linked were completely unoffensive, and the Bill Buckner one was downright funny. This ban seems to come down to "Bobo is annoying" which is a pretty thin reason.

I just don't get the idea of bans I guess. That is why I felt it was important that he had no true malice, he isn't bringing down the board or making the forums unreadable for others. He is just posting, and a bunch of people find his personality abrasive. That is why there is an ignore button. I actually find it fairly easy to forgo the ignore button and just skip over posts from people I find unpleasant.

The argument that does make sense to me is his behavior post ban, but that kind of pales given my opinion on the ban itself. May you be back soon Jarrod.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:01 PM

OH,

I can't figure out how any part of your post follows from the part that proceeded it- and i've tried a few times.

non sequitur ban plz