Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: YEREKEEO
Your erection: reason everyone keeps ejaculating (elephantitis, obviously) 4 44.44%
yankees,especially rodriguez = egocenntric [killrallying envious egotistacal overated] 1 11.11%
Young Elvis ruled... eventually kept eating... enter obesity. 4 44.44%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-22-2007, 04:14 PM

Default Re: Official Supernova Elite Thread

[ QUOTE ]

Also I get the impression that people feel like they are entitled to this "value" for some reason. I don't understand that. I mean they're pretty much offering extra money to us and all because we love playing poker at their site. I'll take it, but I don't think I'm entitled to it at all. The 3.5 FPPs and cool stuff in the store is reward enough as far as I'm concerned. I just like playing poker, everything else is a bonus. If it got to the point where I was hung up on freerolls and missing out on some mystical $60 EV every week, I'd probably need to get better at poker. That's why I'm there after all, to play poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well here's the thing - the VIP system is PStars answer to rakeback, which for any player approaching SN status would be a significant amount of money. So while you are correct that none of us are 'entitled' to this value, it does play a part in our decision of which site to play.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Also I get the impression that people feel like they are entitled to this "value" for some reason. I don't understand that. I mean they're pretty much offering extra money to us and all because we love playing poker at their site. I'll take it, but I don't think I'm entitled to it at all. The 3.5 FPPs and cool stuff in the store is reward enough as far as I'm concerned. I just like playing poker, everything else is a bonus. If it got to the point where I was hung up on freerolls and missing out on some mystical $60 EV every week, I'd probably need to get better at poker. That's why I'm there after all, to play poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well here's the thing - the VIP system is PStars answer to rakeback, which for any player approaching SN status would be a significant amount of money. So while you are correct that none of us are 'entitled' to this value, it does play a part in our decision of which site to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

It's a huge portion of the reason that about 85-90% of my play is on other sites. I can get 27-30% rakeback on other sites playing at the times I want. In order to get full value for playing exclusively at Stars, I have to ignore my wife and son on weekends to play the VIP tourneys. I still play on Stars, but only a very small fraction of the amount I would play if the benefits given in place of rakeback were actually available to me given that I have real life responsibilities that conflict with the current setup.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
------i believe the offer should be 0fpp for $100 at least?!...no?

Keep in mind only 1 out of 3 SN play the event. If we scrap the events what is awarded needs to be divided among 3x as many people.

Scotty

[/ QUOTE ]

i miss out on the majority of freerolls now because i hang out with my significant other (girlfriend) on weekends. i believe relationships/socializing is the #1 reason why only 1/3 of SN's participate now.

I might be mistaken, but is it the consensus that the majority of Supernovas play full-time and do the majority of their play on Mon-Fri?

if this is indeed the consensus, then shouldn't the freerolls be moved to a weekday timeslot to accommodate the high volume players? if not, i would be willing to accept the $5Kfpp/$125 bonus that you proposed or something similar.

thoughts? Scotty?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dave this is wrong. I doubt most Novas play for a living. I work full time teaching high school for a living and may get to 300K VPPs this year anyway. If the freeroll was moved to during the week, I'd be a little bit ticked cause I wouldn't be able to play. Also, I'd bet a lot of Supernovas are in school and if it's during the week, they're either cutting class to play it or missing out on it. The week is not a good time for a lot of people (this is why major satellites to wsop, ept etc are on the WEEKEND).

Ryan
Old 08-22-2007, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The more we play the more insignificant the value of the freerolls becomes which seems to be what many supernova+ people want.

As its such a small part of the deal and clearly we don't want it to become a bigger part it makes sense for stars to focus it at the relatively low volume players to encourage them to play more at stars - that's good for us too.

chez
Old 08-22-2007, 04:40 PM

dont forget that some play poker for a living...and the mon-fri example is not valid as the reason I am playing poker is because I can give myself a really flexible schedule...e.g. the last day of the promo(2 months ago) ( i played my a$$ off) and amassed around 3k vpp * 2 = 6k vpp, since then I managed to score a whopping 20k vpp(thats about 10-12 full days for my play in 2 months)and the reason for that?...as i said flexibility and guess which days I mainly played...well saturdays...why...because of the bloody freeroll(which I valued and still value in my yearly income), so yes...sn who play that do so for a reason "+ev" and thats why I feel if there is a rearrangement we should at least be getting around the value we are getting allready...some ideas proposed by mb and 1pb are interesting and more than acceptable but dividing the value of that freeroll by 3 I would feel a bit harshly done...my view anyway...(not mentioning that my valuation for that freeroll a few months ago was much more than the $65 we get at present)...moreover its like minimising our rb if it is rearanged on the basis that scotty has proposed...
Old 08-22-2007, 04:43 PM

Oh and to whoever had the idea of having MORE tournaments worth LESS this is a terrible idea.

Most Supernovas already don't play the 20K tournament. I played it once all year. It is a grand waste of time. Some don't even care about the 50K tournament but it's enough for me to make sure I play it. Any less and it wouldn't be. I think a bi-weekly Supernova freeroll would be best. Preferably with no satellites either. It's not hard to get Supernova, to be honest. And if they don't, then they have that 20K tournament.

Ryan
Old 08-22-2007, 04:52 PM

i do enroll at the 20k (why not?1 more table) and if i am kicked out of the 50k and some other tourneys i am playing atm then i generously offer my chips to anyone who calls my all in (6 times in a row sometimes) 1st... not if i am chipleader with 500 players to go though....

but I agree that is a waste of time...but just for sn...the 20k i believe is a good promo/marketing tourney for small stakers having a go at a big prize if they get to the final table which they cant if they are playing around the $4.4 sngs...
Old 08-22-2007, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also I get the impression that people feel like they are entitled to this "value" for some reason. I don't understand that. I mean they're pretty much offering extra money to us and all because we love playing poker at their site.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's the thing.

We never asked for these freerolls. Stars was gracious enough to say "we want to reward our loyal VIP players with this gift".

Several times they have asked for our feedback on them. Sometimes we give them feedback unprovoked. But I don't think it's that absurd or rude for us to suggest some changes to them so that we might enjoy them even more.

If you took your girlfriend out to eat once a week to a steakhouse because you wanted to be nice to her, and she were a vegetarian, would it be wrong for her to request to eat at a different restaurant next time so she could have a cuisine that's more appealing to her?

[/ QUOTE ]

My wife isn't a vegetarian and I don't have a girlfriend. But I do like steak. Hope that clears up the freeroll issue. Not sure where absurd and rude is coming from though, certainly not from me.

Here's my opinion on the suggestions I've seen so far. Multiple tournaments a week on different days at different times is not a change that I would like very much. Multiple tournaments require multiple time commitments. I'd rather have one tournament a week that requires 2-3 hours if I do well than three or four per week for the exact same "value" but 3-4X the time commitment. No way. I think it is set up fine the way it is right now but if they need to change/alternate the day then go for it. I'm sure it would still have to be on the weekend though as many people have jobs. Changing it to bonuses or entries into bigger tourneys? Fine with me, if those things are even an option. The less time I'd have to spend playing tourneys the better. Basically, they can change whatever they want, I'll just play poker as usual. That's why I'm there after all. But given a choice I'd say leave it the way it is.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Multiple tournaments a week on different days at different times is not a change that I would like very much. Multiple tournaments require multiple time commitments. I'd rather have one tournament a week that requires 2-3 hours if I do well than three or four per week for the exact same "value" but 3-4X the time commitment. No way.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not multiple time commitments if the tournaments fall under a time when you will already be playing. Do you see why?
Old 08-22-2007, 05:09 PM

yes 1pb...however as people said they dont even play the weekly 20k and i guess sn that allready arent playing the 50k won't bother playing smaller ones because its a waste of their time and -ev when they can be playing higher stakes...so i dont think smaller tourneys would work either....