Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 12:13 PM

Default Re: **Official uNL Microbrew thread: August PT 2**

Nice downswing, I mean upswing, I mean breakeven........ [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-16-2007, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like your bet sizing on the river, but I think that everything else is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeh it was just to look bluffy... AK ftw and a broken chair.

[/ QUOTE ]

cooler yo
Old 08-16-2007, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yea i guess it could be worse.. but the last 50k hands have been ~2.2ptbb. i mean there are so many horrific players at nl50 its really frustrating that im not good enough to maintain a ~5ptbb. Not sure if ill improve faster if i drop down to nl25 and really focus.. or keep playing nl50 (and obviously try and really focus there too [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])

ive got a pretty good idea of the very basics, vbetting, bet sizing, pf etc. but i clearly have some largish leaks that im not fixing. Time to really look at my game instead of just playing hands hoping i suddenly run hot

[/ QUOTE ] Danny, I played about 100k at nl50 with a winrate of only about 4ptbb. About a month ago, i REALLY focused on table selection, making sure I was playing at the best table I possible could. It has made a world of difference, over my last 20k hands, im running at 12ptbb. Alot of this is variance, but for a player like you who seems to have the fundamentals down, poor table selection could be your weakest leak. I used to just sit at the first table I could find, not realizing i would sit with 5 15/10's around me. If you think about it, having a winrate of 3 or 4 against these types of players isn't that bad. Find yourself some real fish and start to terrorize!
Old 08-16-2007, 12:27 PM

hey guys, on FTP do they have NL20 games or NL25? Thanks
Old 08-16-2007, 12:29 PM

25NL

They also have 0.3 deep games.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yea i guess it could be worse.. but the last 50k hands have been ~2.2ptbb. i mean there are so many horrific players at nl50 its really frustrating that im not good enough to maintain a ~5ptbb. Not sure if ill improve faster if i drop down to nl25 and really focus.. or keep playing nl50 (and obviously try and really focus there too [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])

ive got a pretty good idea of the very basics, vbetting, bet sizing, pf etc. but i clearly have some largish leaks that im not fixing. Time to really look at my game instead of just playing hands hoping i suddenly run hot

[/ QUOTE ] Danny, I played about 100k at nl50 with a winrate of only about 4ptbb. About a month ago, i REALLY focused on table selection, making sure I was playing at the best table I possible could. It has made a world of difference, over my last 20k hands, im running at 12ptbb. Alot of this is variance, but for a player like you who seems to have the fundamentals down, poor table selection could be your weakest leak. I used to just sit at the first table I could find, not realizing i would sit with 5 15/10's around me. If you think about it, having a winrate of 3 or 4 against these types of players isn't that bad. Find yourself some real fish and start to terrorize!

[/ QUOTE ]

really good point slugger. unfortunatly i play on crypto where theres only about 5-6tables running at a time. i mean, theres still plenty of fish on there, some really crazy nutjobs. but at any time theres usually at least 2 of the same people on all my tables (i 4table). mostly 16/10 or 25/8 types. My typical table will have them + a few non descript tightish players, and maybe 1 or 2 35+vpip which isnt great i guess.

I stupidly seem to have signed up for just about evey site under the sun when i first started - without knowing what rb was [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

so now im stuck with a rakebackless FTP account. might try stars, but i dunno if an increase in winrate from table selection will be worth the loss in rb/bonus

EDIT: guess i could always try goin back to party...
Old 08-16-2007, 12:48 PM

I haven't played ANY poker since Saturday I think, and I'm not sure when I'll be playing again in the near future.. but I was thinking of keeping this a secret until the entire month was over to see if I could reach my goal for the month, but I don't think I'm going to try for it anymore and don't really care now if I reach it or not. But my goal was originally 100 buyins in a month at $50 NL. Up to August 6th I won 40 buyins and now I haven't even played for almost a week.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:07 PM

Here is how to go against your read PF but follow up on it before its too late on the flop. Of course villain made it very easy for me to get away from but I knew I should have folded PF. This is the third time in 2 weeks I have seen AA,KK,QQ in same hand.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.02/$0.05 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $12.42
BB: $1.95
UTG: $4.37
Hero (BTN): $8.73

Preflop: Hero is dealt K K (4 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $0.20</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.60</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $2.35</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $2.15, Hero calls $1.75

Flop: ($7.10) 2 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 (3 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets all-in for $10.07</font>, UTG calls all-in for $2.02, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $8.05 returned to SB

Turn: ($11.14) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

River: ($11.14) 8 (2 Players - 2 All-In)

Pot Size: $11.14 ($0.50 Rake)

SB had A A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (two pair, Aces and Eights) and WON (+$6.27)
UTG had Q Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and LOST (-$4.37)
Old 08-16-2007, 01:26 PM

WTF? Please push PF.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WTF? Please push PF.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL no fold preflop. Guy only raises 2% of his hands over a 600 hand sample. He cannot have anything but AA PF.
Closed Thread