Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 09:42 PM

Default Re: Some Stuff About PUA (very long)

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to ask the guys that have gotten involved in the PUA community: did you do so because you felt inadequate in your previous social interactions?

[/ QUOTE ]

When I was 18 right out of high school, I moved to Montreal by myself for university. My friend gave me The Game as a going away present. I read it and enjoyed it. I realised it was a book of entertainment more than anything else, but it still motivated me to look into the whole PUA scene. Soon after I found MASF and I just became determined to make the most out of my solo university experience.

I wouldn't say I was ever inadequate, but I really wanted make the most out of all my opportunities. I will admit that I had just broken up with my girlfriend before I moved and was looking to attract as many girls as I could asap.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
nath,

I kind of disagree. to get laid on a regular basis, you HAVE to play games, games that are completely pointless, not fun, and pretty retarded, but games that women are for some reason conditioned to equate with attraction, if you dont, they wont be attracted.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah I know this is true to a certain extent and I keep trying to write something longer articulating what I mean better but I am failing badly at it right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not the only one, friend!
Old 08-08-2007, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bk,

There is huge overlap between a lot of what these guys talk about and what you are taught in high end business sales training courses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Without being familiar with high end business sales training courses I would say this sounds spot on to me.

I know that a lot of sales training techniques stem from NLP, which was what Ross Jeffries used (he was pre mystery).

I think you would excel if you chose to prioritize this and set personal goals for yourself in this area. Hook up with a few internet ppl to get your field reports critiqued to get past sticking points and fine tune things and you can take things to another level still.

The problem now is that everyone and their mother is teachign this stuff and there are thousands of guys alsmost completely clueless 'teaching each other'. I have not frequented mASF in a few year and am not sure if there is any real talent left on there. I popped in last year and the site is overwhelming/overrun with the blind leading the blind for the most part (and the guys pimping their weekend seminars like Owen over at realsocialdynamics and a slew of others. There was some quality there a few years ago though.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:47 PM

mASF is a mess now and practically useless. The archives are still very good if you know who to look for
Old 08-08-2007, 09:48 PM

So what's everyones favorite neg hit yo?

I always start out with the "do you bite your nails?" Panties drop at like 40 mph after hearing that one.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wow, this is really accurate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to be impolitic, but how the [censored] would you know?

[/ QUOTE ]

wow anacardo takes the least important thing from my post and tries to start a fight with it

now i get all the hostility at the beginning of the thread
Old 08-08-2007, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

LOL.

Dude, I'm fine with how I deal with women....As I said earlier, my only real problem with girls atm is 'meeting one I like.' But that's not what this thread was supposed to be about; I botched the OP pretty bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a pretty big problem, especially if its your main goal, and my problem as well.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
mASF is a mess now and practically useless. The archives are still very good if you know who to look for

[/ QUOTE ]

I beleive it. Once people started follwoing Mystery and David D into doing seminars/workshops the whole thing became a race for the newbies buck. Now it must be full of seminars, etc. When i was with this stuff we could meet each other for free and hang and learn and there was not seminar competition at all.

I could write a field report and get Neil Straus to critique it and vise vera. Now it seems everyone has their hand out looking to make a buck. I doubt many quality guys are critiquing field reports any longer.

I couldn't even read the site last year and left after tooling around for 15 minutes. Too bad. It's all business now.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wow, this is really accurate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to be impolitic, but how the [censored] would you know?

[/ QUOTE ]

wow anacardo takes the least important thing from my post and tries to start a fight with it

now i get all the hostility at the beginning of the thread

[/ QUOTE ]

It's about me, so I tend to notice, that's all.

And how the [censored] would you know?
Old 08-08-2007, 09:57 PM

I have never seen a thread title/posted by combo and been so excited to read it in the history of anything [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]