Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2007, 06:34 PM

Default Re: Ask me about Starbucks

I've seen the sandwiches here in Sacramento. I have not bothered trying one. To be honest they don't look that enticing.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did your shop observe National Coffee Day? If so, how crowded was it? The Starbucks down the street had lines out the door for most of the day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure, exactly. A few months ago, there was a promotion where every Starbucks was giving out a free Tall coffee. I wonder if that was the occasion. It didn't seem much more crowded than any other day.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dibs,

"I dared to order a Venti something from some indie place and the snide [censored] got huffy at me for using Starbucks lingo."

Uh, I am normally always on board for mocking of baristas who take their role way too seriously, but wtf sort of retard orders a "Venti" something instead of a medium or large or double or whatever?

[/ QUOTE ]

It became my stock order at Starbucks (Venti Irish Cream) because I follow directions and stuff and did what the big board told me to do. I then repeated it at a non-Starbucks. Clearly a mistake.

The other day I went into a coffee shop and it had no big board, I was left clueless and walked out because I couldn't confront this reality.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dibs,

"I dared to order a Venti something from some indie place and the snide [censored] got huffy at me for using Starbucks lingo."

Uh, I am normally always on board for mocking of baristas who take their role way too seriously, but wtf sort of retard orders a "Venti" something instead of a medium or large or double or whatever?

[/ QUOTE ]

It became my stock order at Starbucks (Venti Irish Cream) because I follow directions and stuff and did what the big board told me to do. I then repeated it at a non-Starbucks. Clearly a mistake.

The other day I went into a coffee shop and it had no big board, I was left clueless and walked out because I couldn't confront this reality.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dids, when you go to burger joints do you order hamburgers or Big Macs?
Old 07-31-2007, 06:48 PM

Starbucks' patent portfolio

have you learned their patented method for brewing and serving a hot beverage yet?
Old 07-31-2007, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dibs,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dids, when you go to burger joints do you order hamburgers or Big Macs?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bacon Double Cheese Burgers obviously.

I honestly thought that Venti wasn't just a starbucks thing, I'm not a big coffee shop guy, and had never really notice that Starbucks did and Tully's (for example) didn't.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
quids,

You are using "a can of Folgers costs this much" as part of an argument about why coffee in a shop is overpriced?

Man, I wonder how you would react to a five dollar milkshake!

[/ QUOTE ]

There's obviously vodka in the $5 milkshake
Old 07-31-2007, 07:01 PM

If you want a quad order a triple and 9 times out of 10 they'll ask you if you want the extra shot for free.

My question is should I feel shame for not buying enough to get the Starbucks Christmas card anymore?
Old 07-31-2007, 07:09 PM

Have you ever used any flavorings or other starbucks ingredients on your or a sex partner's genitals during unprotected sex?
Old 07-31-2007, 07:10 PM

One of my friend's diet consists almost entirely of stolen starbucks sandwiches (which are quite good in my opinion) and drinks.

sustainable?