Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2007, 12:00 AM

Default Re: To the Multi-Accounters : some thoughts before this upcoming Sunda

I don't really see this stopping anytime soon. The only solution I can think of would be to instead of having 1 tourney w/ 7000 people to instead have like 7 tourneys of 1000 people all running at the same time which prob wouldn't work anyway.

Even if people don't think it's ethical, they will feel pressured to do it knowing that so many other people are esp if there are no consequences.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see how you can't understand that no one wants to rat out their friends.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's easy. I would not be friends with someone that I know is cheating me and others out of equity.

An analogy. You, Jeff, and I are out for drinks in Vegas and we are all very good friends. I am pretty drunk, and somehow express that I have "5 or 10k" in my jacket pocket. I go off to the bathroom and leave my jacket, and you observe Jeff wink at you and take $1k out of my jacket pocket. Do you look the other way and then post a vague threat on a bulletin board or do you confront the guy?
Old 07-09-2007, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Even if people don't think it's ethical, they will feel
pressured to do it knowing that so many other people are esp
if there are no consequences.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm scared of this consequence.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:12 AM

Make of it what you will, but I've never met anyone who so sticks to their morals like Paul.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't see how you can't understand that no one wants to rat out their friends.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's easy. I would not be friends with someone that I know is cheating me and others out of equity.

An analogy. You, Jeff, and I are out for drinks in Vegas and we are all very good friends. I am pretty drunk, and somehow express that I have "5 or 10k" in my jacket pocket. I go off to the bathroom and leave my jacket, and you observe Jeff wink at you and take $1k out of my jacket pocket. Do you look the other way and then post a vague threat on a bulletin board or do you confront the guy?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but what Jeff basically did in OP is akin to me saying "give it back, or I'll tell" in that hypothetical.

Now say that you, your brother, and I were in the scenario you described, and I left. *hypothetically* your brother takes $1k. You tell him to give it back, or you will tell. He gives it back and you never tell me about it. Is that okay? I think so. And thats what people want to do: make things better, without conflict. It's also what I meant by "... rat out friends"; why do you need to tell me about your brother, if I am not going to be harmed in the future because of his action? You don't.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:51 AM

I remember about a month back there was a guy who won the stuper back to back nights and has since disappeared off the face of the earth from what I see. Is this the type of stuff we should be looking for?
Old 07-09-2007, 12:52 AM

I'm gonna name names:

Thay3r = JinxyMonkey
Old 07-09-2007, 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but what Jeff basically did in OP is akin to me saying "give it back, or I'll tell" in that hypothetical.

Now say that you, your brother, and I were in the scenario you described, and I left. *hypothetically* your brother takes $1k. You tell him to give it back, or you will tell. He gives it back and you never tell me about it. Is that okay? I think so. And thats what people want to do: make things better, without conflict. It's also what I meant by "... rat out friends"; why do you need to tell me about your brother, if I am not going to be harmed in the future because of his action? You don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not what Jeff is doing. He is saying, "stop it or someone else might rat you out." He was pretty explicit that this is the end of his action in relation to this issue. He will not be naming any names to anyone.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:14 AM

here's my brilliant idea to crack down on multiaccounting/cheating in general. Have stars offer a monetary reward for successfully reporting/identifying cheaters. my idea would to make the reward X% of the money confiscated, similar to the IRS's system for helping with tax evaders. since people like Jeff think there is some kind of value to not reporting their friends for cheating, pay then to come out with some names.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:28 AM

since i'm -ev on one account, rest assured i'm not multi accounting, no one in their right mind would want to lose money twice as fast