Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2007, 08:40 PM

Default Re: Best Bet Report.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was also at the Best Bet untill about 4pm.
Over heard this
"Oh My GOD this place is a GOLD MINE"
This was from a player that earlier was All-in with 62 of spades with a board of A24 one spade, other player has AK. I bet you can guess how it ended. He got the Runner Runner spade.

[/ QUOTE ]

Were you at the table near the bathroom? I think I remember my buddy saying he heard this as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, that player was near the snack bar.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:46 PM

slacker - hoping you went on a bad day.
That place looks like it's kind of in the middle of nowhere though so they can't possibly get that many people. Anyone from Tallahassee would be more likely to go the other one that is closer to them then to trek all the way over to Ebro.

So they can only really draw from whoever's around in Panama City, those making a road-trip from Destin or from southern Alabama or something, and that's probably about it as best as I can tell just eye-balling it on the map.
My Dad lives in Destin and says the track in Ebro does try to advertise to that market a little bit.

But the room does have 22 tables so I'm optimistic that they get them going somewhat every once in awhile at least on the weekends.

Hours in May were 12p-12a on Tues, Wed, Fri, Sat.
They were dark the other 3 days of the week.

In June they added 4p-12a on Mon and Thu also.

So if they aren't even going to stay open for all the hours they are legally allowed to then I'm not going to hold my breath that they suddenly will be busting at the seams now that they can spread the new games.

I have cleared out a few PM's in my box.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:50 PM

Default Re: Well, Florida, how did the first day of NL/$5limit games treat you?

Just got back from THE ISLE in Pompano, what a frustrating session. I had no cards for about an hour and a half lost and won a few small pots, but blinds slowly took my $100 buy in down to around $62 when the hand that busted me happened.

Had QJs in the BB and there were 4 limpers and guy on button raises to $6?? At any rate I'm calling with those odds as I'm certain the limpers will follow suit giving me huge implied odds. The entire table called as I figured and we had about $42 in the pot. Flop comes down Q 7 3 with two clubs. SB checks, I lead out for $25, not going to let club draws get a free turn and need to find where I stand at this point, although I'm not thrilled about my J kicker. Everyone folds to the button who raises me to $40. I think, damn it, maybe I shoulda checked flop. I think long and hard, I only have $31 left, does he have AQ or KQ, I think not because his raise to only $6 pre flop seemed strange with all the limpers in front. I had seen him raise AA, AK, AQ and QQ to $12-15 earlier. I put him on either Q10 or QJ, probably suited, maybe J10c or AXc and I decide to go all in over the top. He insta calls and turns up Q10 of clubs. Of course a club spikes on turn and I'm busted, time to go home and eat as I think about whether I made the right play. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] SIGH!!!!
Old 07-03-2007, 08:52 PM

Just checked their updated website. Doesn't look too fabulous. They aren't spreading that high and seem to be trying to stay more to the truer intent of the legislation.

I guess I can try to get by on the 1/2 or 2/5 NL with $100 max buy-in though. We'll see what the rules are for re-buying and stuff like that.

I'm still a week or more from making it down there.

Good news is that they are now 12-12 6 days a week (didn't switch to 2-2 for some reason) and they're nightly tournaments at 7 or 7:30 appear to be pretty reasonable juice-wise...no idea structure-wise yet of course.
100+15 double shoot-outs a couple times a week.
150+20 with 100 rebuy a couple times a week.

Hold'em, 7 Card Stud, Omaha
$1 - $2
$2 - $4
$1 - $5
$5 Straight

No Limit Hold'em
$1 - $2
$2 - $5
$5 - $5
Buy-In - $40 Min, $100 Max
Old 07-03-2007, 09:10 PM

Does anyone know if the DogTrack in Daytona Beach is gonna be having NL games??
Old 07-03-2007, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just checked their updated website. Doesn't look too fabulous. They aren't spreading that high and seem to be trying to stay more to the truer intent of the legislation.

I guess I can try to get by on the 1/2 or 2/5 NL with $100 max buy-in though. We'll see what the rules are for re-buying and stuff like that.

I'm still a week or more from making it down there.

Good news is that they are now 12-12 6 days a week (didn't switch to 2-2 for some reason) and they're nightly tournaments at 7 or 7:30 appear to be pretty reasonable juice-wise...no idea structure-wise yet of course.
100+15 double shoot-outs a couple times a week.
150+20 with 100 rebuy a couple times a week.

Hold'em, 7 Card Stud, Omaha
$1 - $2
$2 - $4
$1 - $5
$5 Straight

No Limit Hold'em
$1 - $2
$2 - $5
$5 - $5
Buy-In - $40 Min, $100 Max

[/ QUOTE ]
The hours haven't changed, they have always been 12-12 everyday except Tue.
The NL is 2/2, Min $60 buy-in, with a $2 min rake.
Don't know where you read about rebuy's, but as of now none of the tourney's have rebuy's.

The Best Bet
Old 07-03-2007, 09:33 PM

Day 2 in Sarasota +300. A few other notes to add. The high hand Jackpots apparently go up until people hit a specific hand. Yesterday I hit quad Jacks and was the second person to hit jacks that day so I only got 20 bucks. Today a guy at my table hit quad Aces which I guess had not been hit yet so he got $66. I have no idea where they get those dollar amounts. Dealer tried to explain something about once a hand gets hit the value goes down to 25% or something. Also for rebuys at Sarasota, they allow you to rebuy as long as you buy to between 90-110. A lot of rebuying happens so we are really not getting our 5 dollars per half hour worth but I will not complain being up about $100 per hour so far.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:34 PM

You linked to the Best Bet in Jax.

I'm copying from the website for the Ebro track and poker-room near Panama City.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:16 PM

The Daytona Beach dog track is going to wait a month or so before deciding to implement the NL games. They are spreading the $5 limit games for now.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You linked to the Best Bet in Jax.

I'm copying from the website for the Ebro track and poker-room near Panama City.

[/ QUOTE ]
You did not say what room you were talking about, I thought it was the Best Bet since that was the title of the post, sorry.