View Poll Results: Cal or fold?
Call 45 86.54%
Fold 7 13.46%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-25-2007, 10:01 AM

Default Re: d10 drives home from work, a trip report

[ QUOTE ]
Ever do this...

I'm driving in a construction zone (1/2 mile long, 2 lanes each way, 50 mph posted, fines double) doing 55 in the left lane. Perfectly acceptable.

[/ QUOTE ]

This post really ticked me off. You're the one who thinks you own the road, buddy.

First of all, it is not acceptable to be slogging along in the left lane when you're not passing anybody. The left lane is the passing lane. If you're just cruising along at traffic speed, you need to get to the right lane and let people pass.

Second, your incredible selfishness at not letting this person pass was totally unjustified. What if this was an emergency for them? What if this guy's wife was giving birth and he was trying to get to the hospital? You think that you set the rules of the road. No one is allowed to drive any faster than YOU. Just let this person attend to his life's business.

I am so sick and tired of people who are so oblivious to the lives of others that they just block anyone's ability to live their life at their own speed. If you're in the left lane and you're not passing anyone, be courteous, get the F--K over, and let them by.

Maybe one day, it's your wife in the hospital and some douchebag going 55mph won't let you by.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:04 AM

Default Re: d10 drives home from work, a trip report

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hi officer. Yeah, I'm pretty shaken up. Yeah, I'll tell what happened. Basically I was following this guy who almost caused an accident on the highway. I was pretty pissed, I can't deny it but he was driving like a total [censored] idiot. So I followed him because I wanted to give him a piece of my mind and tell him what a [censored] idiot he is. We both finally stopped here and we got out of our cars. Next thing I see is him coming toward me with a cinder block in hand. He was already quite close and I feared for my life so I unholstered my Glock 23 and fired one shot for center mass. I didn't mean to kill him but he was already so close I didn't have time to warn him off.

A witness confirms that the victim had picked up a cinder block.

And later the shooter says to some friends, "when this stupid [censored] picked up that cinder block I knew there was a God, hahahahaha".

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe that is called manslaughter or 2nd degree murder, depending on the locality and details.

Nice thought but people with guns generally are never allowed to act as aggressors.

Hayd,

While generally if someone rear ends you it's their fault, you cannot brake to induce to collision. Another level of suck is of course when the guy who hits you grabs a crow bar from his trunk...

J

[/ QUOTE ]

Its going to be the word of someone who rearended you vs. your word that you were slowing down for a legit reason. I'd think most of the time they'd believe the person that was slowing down, as the rearender would be the one trying to get out of an at fault most of the time and how is he going to prove that there was no squirrel or whatever that you were trying to 'avoid.'