Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: HUDs are?
Perfectly fine as part of the game 76 42.46%
I dont like them being allowed 37 20.67%
I dont like them but if every one else is using one then I will too 36 20.11%
How dare you bring this up you can pry my HUD out of my cold dead quad monitor set up 30 16.76%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-24-2007, 05:11 PM

Default Re: 24 Season 6 season finale

In case no one's seen this yet, its in todays TV Guide Mag

Interview with 24's CoExecutive Producer

[ QUOTE ]
Where's Jack Bauer going to start Hour 1 of next season on 24?
Coexecutive producer Manny Coto says: "Jack [Kiefer Sutherland] starts next season in a very different place than any season so far. Let's put it this way: I wouldn't be surprised if there's no CTU next year. CTU has become almost too comfortable, you know? 'We need to carry out this operation — Chloe, grab Satellite X and get us a feed!' That's gone. We're pulling the rug out from under our characters. It's a pretty radical shift — a totally different context with a totally different villain. There will not be a ticking clock on a nuclear device. We're hewing much closer to real life: tighter, more personal, more difficult for Jack. There may even be a plot thread that doesn't take place on U.S. soil. In a sense, it's a reboot — in location and personnel. We're going to be introducing a new stable of characters, along with a couple of old ones. Jack's not living under an alias. He's found a place he thinks he belongs and a job he enjoys doing that doesn't involve the government. What's also refreshing is the choice of villain: It's not a Muslim terrorist. In fact, it's not a terrorist at all. And the character is fascinating, someone with a supremely dark past who's done something horrific and whose ambition is to regain his stature in the world. I just can't say enough how exciting it is. It's going to be pretty damn cool."

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-24-2007, 05:29 PM

Default Re: 24 Season 6 season finale

Next season sounds okay, although after seasons 4 and 5 we thought it'd be in a new place as well.

But most of that paragraph sounds like crap.

"We're hewing much closer to real life: tighter, more personal, more difficult for Jack."

MORE PERSONAL?!! So season 7>Teri dying, Kim almost dying a few times, saving Audrey a few times, Tony and Michelle and D. Palmer, etc....

So the villain isn't a terrorist, what is he?

But the less tech usage sounds good, like Operation Hell Gate (24 book where Jack gets stuck in NYC as a suspected terrorist and barely uses his cell phone to talk to CTU)