Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 07:21 PM

Default Re: ***May Low Content Thread*** - Cwar brag thread.

I had a 35 buyin swing playing relatively well. On the plus side I played like crap yesterday and make $1k.
Old 05-27-2007, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been runnning very bad recently as well. I'm on a 14 buy in downswing atm. It's very embarrassing and I've noticed a few tilty plays on my part costing me prolly a couple of buy ins.

When I'm only getting crap and fail my occasional bluffs I've noticed a compelling need to make some coin flips, I just can't help it. If I can put all the chips in the pot with 50% or more equity I just do it no matter how small pot. I'm not sure if it's good to gamble like that when you have something like 1200 chips and your opponent has 1800. I doubt it. Should I try to avoid making coinflips in a small pot with those stack sizes? I think avoiding those coin flips against a bad player is good but how about a mediocre (0% ROI) player or a good player?

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless i'm up against a real good player i avoid coinflips, and even then, i try to stay away from them.

If you are up against a player with a less ROI than you there is no reason to be in a coinflip for your stack.

There is a reason their ROI is less than yours... They aren't as good as you.

So why level the playing field by gambling 50/50 with some moron?

Just wait and pick a better spot. Or don't put all your chips in.
Old 05-27-2007, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had a 35 buyin swing playing relatively well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bleh, my bankroll is currently about 35 buyins right now. You recommend dropping down a limit for a few days (I play $33+1.50s, that means I'd be playing $22+1s)? Or at these stakes is there even any difference in play? (I played the $20+1 normal speeds for a while; it's how I built a bankroll... doesn't seem like there's that much of a difference, maybe about 10% more "decent" players at the $33+1.50 level)

PS: For what it's worth when I'm running bad I avoid coinflips... often at the cost of some cEV. I think it's a leak in my game but I'm somewhat risk-averse when I play.
Old 05-27-2007, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

PS: For what it's worth when I'm running bad I avoid coinflips... often at the cost of some cEV. I think it's a leak in my game but I'm somewhat risk-averse when I play.

[/ QUOTE ]
Changing your game cause your losing is pretty bad. Also I dont know what all this crazy talk about coinflips is, you almost never know if your in a coinflip situation and if you do manage to figure it out then you probably have enough you probably have enough pot odds or fold equity to do it anyways making actually not a coinflip situation. Someone please explain wtf kind of situation is a coinflip in a HU sng.
Old 05-27-2007, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Changing your game cause your losing is pretty bad. Also I dont know what all this crazy talk about coinflips is, you almost never know if your in a coinflip situation and if you do manage to figure it out then you probably have enough you probably have enough pot odds or fold equity to do it anyways making actually not a coinflip situation. Someone please explain wtf kind of situation is a coinflip in a HU sng.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blinds are 15/30. You have 1200, opponent has 1800. You open to 90 from button with TT and opponent pushes to allin. You put your opponent to 88-QQ, AQ-AK or maybe even bit better. That's very much a coinflip.
Old 05-27-2007, 08:57 PM

Also a very unrealistic hand range which is my point.
Old 05-27-2007, 09:02 PM

Also thats not a coinflip thats a clear fold. 1.16:1 on our call we need to be atleast 49%+ to call here in a HU sng.
Text results appended to pokerstove.txt

21,431,420 games 113.657 secs 188,562 games/sec

Board:
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 47.522% 46.62% 00.90% 9991959 192759.00 { TcTd }
Hand 1: 52.478% 51.58% 00.90% 11053943 192759.00 { 88+, AQs+, AQo+ }
Old 05-27-2007, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also a very unrealistic hand range which is my point.

[/ QUOTE ]
i think he meant situations in which you think you may be 50/50.

that's what i meant at least... with PLO8 there is no way in hell you could ever know its 50/50.

My point was that you should just wait for a better spot instead of gambling against a bad player. don't leave it up to a coinflip when you can be patient and outplay him.
Old 05-27-2007, 09:20 PM

Aye, just pwn my ass if you want to. That's unrealistic hand range probably but it was just an example. I sometimes think I know quite precisely something is 50:50 and that I can flip or fold.
Old 05-27-2007, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i think he meant situations in which you think you may be 50/50.

[/ QUOTE ]
These situations dont exist give me an example if you think they do.

[ QUOTE ]

My point was that you should just wait for a better spot instead of gambling against a bad player. don't leave it up to a coinflip when you can be patient and outplay him.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is wrong, they only time you should give up an early edge is if you have an ENORMOUS edge in doing so.
Closed Thread