Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2007, 04:38 PM

Default Re: ***OFFICIAL*** LOST Season 3 Episode 17 Discussion -spoiler free-

[ QUOTE ]

anybody think there was more than 1 helicopter or plane? I'm confused as to why someone would wear high altitude gear if they were going to jump from a few thousand feet in a helicopter

[/ QUOTE ]

My (purely speculative) theory is that the electromagnetic energy on the island keeps planes/ships from approaching it. I was under the impression that the pilot had to make a high altitude jump to get above this field.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I recall an interview a while back with the producers, where they said that the very first episode had a big clue in it that no one was seeming to pick up on. I remember watching the episode again, and not noticing anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

People have talked about this, but I've never actually seen or heard oany proof that it's existed. Not to doubt you, but there have been about a billion debates on this on other message boards.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:47 PM

For what it's worth The Flash and Superman have raced, several times.

The first was a race 3 times around the world, for charity. They tied on purpose as the Mob tried to fix the race.

The second rematch was a race to the edge of the Milky Way and back. It also ended in a tie.

The next race was again around the galaxy. Complications arouse, and the Flash won.

Superman took on the new Flash Wally West around the Earth at the behest of Mxyzptlk, which resulted in the Flash winning by inches.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:58 PM

Also, there is young Superman racing young Flash (Bart Allen) in Smallville, and Flash beats him soundly.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I thought the writers had said everything on the show was theoretically possible... Seeing the future ? how the [censored] is that theoretically possible?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure what your religious beliefs happen to be, but the main religiion in the U.S. is Christianity and the Bible gives examples of people able to tell the future IIRC.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh, well then it must be possible then. If a 2,000 year old book written by uneducated shepherds says it's so, it must be so.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you missed my point....

THE WRITERS said that its theoretically possible. Now this has nothing to do with whether or not you personally accept the Bible as fact. But if THE WRITERS do, then TO THEM it is theoretically possible.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I recall an interview a while back with the producers, where they said that the very first episode had a big clue in it that no one was seeming to pick up on. I remember watching the episode again, and not noticing anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

People have talked about this, but I've never actually seen or heard oany proof that it's existed. Not to doubt you, but there have been about a billion debates on this on other message boards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, all I'm basing this on was I think a TV Guide interview with the producers. But for all I know they only made the comment about a clue in the pilot just to drive people nuts or something.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:15 PM

remember when Ethan says I had to strap you down...towards the end there it gets reaaallly bumpy

Are we to assume that this may be why the helicopter crashed possibly? some kind of artificial turbulence?
Old 04-19-2007, 05:58 PM

So if you get stuck on a remote desert island, and a bunch of weird stuff is happening, and there's a group of other people that apparently live on this island, aren't you dying to find out what the eff is going on? So why hasn't everyone cornered Juliette and bugged her about where they are, why haven't they been rescued, etc.? Just because she 'saved' Claire, she gets a free pass? I don't buy it.
This has really bugged me the last couple weeks.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So if you get stuck on a remote desert island, and a bunch of weird stuff is happening, and there's a group of other people that apparently live on this island, aren't you dying to find out what the eff is going on? So why hasn't everyone cornered Juliette and bugged her about where they are, why haven't they been rescued, etc.? Just because she 'saved' Claire, she gets a free pass? I don't buy it.
This has really bugged me the last couple weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

this answer is here (spoiler warning!):

<font color="white"> its a TV show! </font>
Old 04-19-2007, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2) there's some sort of wormhole or something the teleports you there.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it's fairly well known that if you plug the "numbers" in order as long/lat on a map, you get a spot in the pacific which is about where they should be according to the pilot.

Now if you find the exact opposite point on the globe, it's like a couple hundred miles from Nigeria which is where Eko/that plane is from.