Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2007, 12:36 PM

Default Re: Learning to eat everything

u gonna tell us what it is kkf?
Old 04-28-2007, 01:27 PM

huge juicy shrimp. i think the gray ones are mussells. i dont know what the brown ones are.

they are all just bbqed.

the sauces are basically lime, garlic and green chilli peppers.

eat with rice.
Old 04-28-2007, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i like nearly everything mentioned in this thread.

the only thing i will not eat is fish that's non-white.

[/ QUOTE ] Have you tried pollack? It is grey and so so delicious.
Old 04-29-2007, 04:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not sure if this is the appropriate thread, but can anyone make a recommendation as to what a good red wine would be to "ease" me into liking red wine. I like a variety of whites and would really like to start enjoying red wines with steak and other appropriate dishes.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know much about wine and like almost every wine i try so maybe i'm the wrong one to give advice here, but pinot noir and merlot both seem like red wines its hard not to like. and you can get a decent, cheap, american one of either.
Old 04-29-2007, 04:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Calamari - so chewy and greasy and gross

[/ QUOTE ]

You've probably never had well-done calamari. Really good calamari is not greasy, and it's not particularly chewy. It's not super easy to find though, since most places over-bread and over-cook it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is so true. Bad calamari is horrendous. Good calamari should be light and tender.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you don't live on the coast its hard to get good calamari. its pretty much impossible to make squid taste good if its been frozen and pretty difficult to find fresh squid more than 50 miles from the coast.
Old 04-29-2007, 04:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
huge juicy shrimp. i think the gray ones are mussells. i dont know what the brown ones are.

they are all just bbqed.

the sauces are basically lime, garlic and green chilli peppers.

eat with rice.

[/ QUOTE ]

hard to tell but the grey ones look more like clams than mussels to me. mussels are generally blacker and shinier. perhaps this varies regionally? brown ones look like snails to me. looks pretty good.
Old 04-29-2007, 05:02 AM

Anybody have advice on where to try organ meats? I eat almost everything but the idea of organ meat grosses me out. I'd like to get over this.

Another question: am I missing out if I almost always order fillet mignon over other steak options? I'm turned off by fatty meats, particularly fatty beef. Can anyone recommend other cuts I might like?
Old 04-29-2007, 10:50 AM

id have a very hard time eating this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvyunwtlvuc

But the dishes Ive come across that I hate a lot are:

Liver
Blue Cheese
Unagi sushi (might have been bad sushi)

and except those three I cant think of any dish right of the bat that I don't like.

I absolutely love brussel sprouts, broccoli, spinach and all those classic "hate" ingredients.

e: and even though I'm Swedish ive never had Surströmming which is almost a legend in how bad its supposed to smell.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermented_Baltic_herring
Old 04-29-2007, 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lobster - I used to dislike it, but have gotten over that. I still don't get blown away by lobster. I'm gonna try lobster at the next really nice place I go to. How about trying this at a steak place? Is surf and turf at a nice steakhouse generally a really good version of lobster? Or should I go with a seafood place to get a really great lobster experience? How about the type of place? Do I need to go to a really expensive place to get a really tasty lobster?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry if I'm way behind on this, but El D, if you are ever in the Atlanta area go to McHendriks (sp?) it is one of the top five steak houses in the country. We went there during this past year's SEC championship game. They have fried lobster that is amazing. Most people's reaction when they hear this is "Why the hell would you fry a lobster?", but trust me you won't be dissappointed. It is the best thing I've ever tasted hands down.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:37 PM

i have lots of trouble as far as eating a wide variety of food. im incredibly picky, and the list of things i really enjoy is rather short. any kind of rabbitt food i just cant stand. i dont eat salad, i dont eat steamed veggies, nothing. i eat steak, potatoes, chicken, salmon, stuff like that. i really wish i enjoyed eating veggies, but i just cant make myself, i seriously gag when i eat stuff like that, its probably just all in my mind from when i was a kid anyways. i presume i will grow out of it, but who knows. i also eat about a pound of candy a day. sometimes more. im very healthy.