Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2007, 12:59 PM

Default Re: What is the AC mechanism, if any, for dealing with

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

In ACland there are no common resources. Why do you think that cows and chickens are not endangered, but animals on "public" lands are? Tragedy of the commons much?

[/ QUOTE ]

L. O. L. Yep, I tragedy of the commons a lot. No common resources -- that's [censored] hilarious! In ACland, you can say there are no common resources, just like you can say that gerbil bananas bask furiously in wet red, but it doesn't mean it makes any [censored] sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, ACism was looking awesome. All these people thought about it for years and years. And then you come along and debunk it all. Well done sir.

There would be no "common" resources in ACland, everything would be owned by someone. Someone would likely own what are currently National Parks and charge admission to enter. People want these things, right? They will surely pay for them.

Do you really expect the Grand Canyon to turn into a series of oil derricks?

[/ QUOTE ]

I sit upon pins and needles awaiting the grand AC explanation of who gets to own the ocean and the air. Whoever sees it first? Or do we just ask the Arbitrator-god and let him decide?
Old 03-22-2007, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

In ACland there are no common resources. Why do you think that cows and chickens are not endangered, but animals on "public" lands are? Tragedy of the commons much?

[/ QUOTE ]

L. O. L. Yep, I tragedy of the commons a lot. No common resources -- that's [censored] hilarious! In ACland, you can say there are no common resources, just like you can say that gerbil bananas bask furiously in wet red, but it doesn't mean it makes any [censored] sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, ACism was looking awesome. All these people thought about it for years and years. And then you come along and debunk it all. Well done sir.

There would be no "common" resources in ACland, everything would be owned by someone. Someone would likely own what are currently National Parks and charge admission to enter. People want these things, right? They will surely pay for them.

Do you really expect the Grand Canyon to turn into a series of oil derricks?

[/ QUOTE ]

I sit upon pins and needles awaiting the grand AC explanation of who gets to own the ocean and the air. Whoever sees it first? Or do we just ask the Arbitrator-god and let him decide?

[/ QUOTE ]

We have an auction, that way the person who will use the resource to its best effect will get to own it. Then as it's final act the government takes all the money from selling the "public" assets, pays off the $10,000,000,000,000 debt that separation of powers and sound fiscal management has managed to accumulate and gives the rest back to the people as reparations for centuries of taxation.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In this specific instance, what is so magical about a state's police/defense that a private company lacks?

[/ QUOTE ]

A public police force is very unlikely to go out of business.

[/ QUOTE ]

A private police force is. All of them?

[/ QUOTE ]

A breakfast place is also very likely to go out of business, but we are all confident that there will be a place to go to get waffles and eggs in the morning.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for letting us know you have no idea what the tragedy of the commons is.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I shouldn't let you in on this secret, but Borodog let me know how things actually work. Usually its reserved for high preists of the Anarchocapitalist Pig Cult, but he will pay for letting me know such a secret. There is actually a creature created in a genetic lab on the campus of Auburn University that has vast knowledge beyond our understanding. We call this creature the Rothbardamelian. We will let it decide who owns all property. If you want more details in this serious discussion, let me know, but it might blown your mind away after what you have already read.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who owns the ocean today? no one and it seems that this really isnt that big of an issue.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You leave out the case where NOT going has a lot to lose too.

Not going -300EV. Going and losing -200EV. Going and winning: 0EV.

Looks like not going is the obvious choice!

[/ QUOTE ]

Typical non-answer.

Funny how you guys seem to think you're going to get everybody to go along with your plan, but you can't even answer the simplest questions about it.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:47 PM

Default Re: Comment Thread for Debate: The Merits of Anarchocapitalism

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who owns the ocean today? no one and it seems that this really isnt that big of an issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

The oceans are claimed by no one today according to what? International law! Too funny.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You leave out the case where NOT going has a lot to lose too.

Not going -300EV. Going and losing -200EV. Going and winning: 0EV.

Looks like not going is the obvious choice!

[/ QUOTE ]

Typical non-answer.

Funny how you guys seem to think you're going to get everybody to go along with your plan, but you can't even answer the simplest questions about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Genius, it is an answer. If there is a strong enough incentive, even if there is nothing to gain, there might be more to lose by not going.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:00 PM

Default Re: Comment Thread for Debate: The Merits of Anarchocapitalism

Fishing is regulated by the government.

The reason it's regulated by the government is commercial over-fishing caused fish populations to crash. Classic tragedy of the commons.

It's reason #1739 why ACism has never worked/does not work/will never work.

But ACists won't talk about it. Or about any real-world situation.

Instead they put their fingers in their ears and chant, "The Free Market is always best!"