Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2007, 02:37 PM

Default Re: Guitar Hero II on XBOX360. I can\'t wait!

[ QUOTE ]
I just got 5 gold stars for Thunderhorse (on Medium). I did some searching and it says you get 5 gold stars if you 100% a song. I don't even know if I got 100% on that song. But I know for sure that I've gotten 100% on Jordan and don't have gold stars for that song.

What's the deal?

[/ QUOTE ]

To answer my own question, I must have gotten 100% on Jordan in the Quick Play mode instead of career mode.

Additional content, this game is really getting me into new music. I just got the album by All That Remains ("Six") and it is pretty good (much better than the Shadows Fall album, which I had before I bought the game, who's only good song happens to be the one in the game). I've also picked up some albums by My Chemical Romance ("Dead!") and the Allman Brothers Band ("Jessica") simply because of this game.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:32 AM

Finally bought all the "bonus" songs. My god, they suck. Especially the last one (yes something). The only good bonus songs are Jordan, Six, and Light that Blinds.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Finally bought all the "bonus" songs. My god, they suck. Especially the last one (yes something). The only good bonus songs are Jordan, Six, and Light that Blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Less Talk More Rock is bad ass.

Mr. Fix It

Radium Eyes

The list goes on...
Old 05-17-2007, 07:52 AM

I like Gemini and Push Push (Lady Lightning) from the bonus songs.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:52 AM

yes we can is godawful, I like most of the rest of them
Old 05-21-2007, 02:28 PM

How do I perform a hammer on/pull off, Cause I just reached a brick wall at the track woman (hard). And the loading screen tells me I should try the hammer ons (they really work!).
Old 05-21-2007, 03:51 PM

I managed to get through Woman by placing my star powers carefully. But then I just got stuck on Carry On My Wayward Son which is pure hammer-on/pull-off hell [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

There's a tutorial in the game that tell you how they work.

Bet let's say you get green, red, yellow quickly after each other. Then you only strum on green. When the red note comes up, you press the red button while holding the green one down. On the yellow you press the yellow while still holding green and red.
So you play 3 notes but only strum once.

Pull-offs are the opposite. You start by holding all the buttons down, strum on the first note and then release the buttons on the appropriate notes.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How do I perform a hammer on/pull off, Cause I just reached a brick wall at the track woman (hard). And the loading screen tells me I should try the hammer ons (they really work!).

[/ QUOTE ]

here is one video, maybe 2 minutes in they talk about it.

here is a better video
Old 05-22-2007, 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I got stuck on the exact same song. I was stuck there for two weeks. I assume that you're stuck at the bridge, with the continuous strings of B Y R B Y R B Y R. So do you know how to do HOPOs at all?

I know how to do them, but I can't do them at the speed required by woman. You can strum the first B, then HO each note after that for the entire phrase. Problem is, if you miss a note early, you missed the entire phrase. The only way I was able to pass that song was to strum each blue. That way, if I missed a note in that section, I was able to restart.

I was able to get all the rest of the songs up to Crazy on You. That intro kills me. Freya is killing me also.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I got stuck on the exact same song. I was stuck there for two weeks. I assume that you're stuck at the bridge, with the continuous strings of B Y R B Y R B Y R. So do you know how to do HOPOs at all?

I know how to do them, but I can't do them at the speed required by woman. You can strum the first B, then HO each note after that for the entire phrase. Problem is, if you miss a note early, you missed the entire phrase. The only way I was able to pass that song was to strum each blue. That way, if I missed a note in that section, I was able to restart.

I was able to get all the rest of the songs up to Crazy on You. That intro kills me. Freya is killing me also.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the comments everyone, no I had no idea how to do the hammerons/pullofs, but I managed to beat everything so far, except woman on hard [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

I gave GH2 as a birthday present to my little brother, but everytime I go visit him I just need to play that game [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].