Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2007, 05:43 PM

Default Re: the well: KRANTZ

pretty much what mikechops said, obvious cheesy names = fish, things that look like they took some creativity or originated on 2p2 probably arent
Old 03-04-2007, 05:53 PM

Krantz, calling pfr with pp only is very exploitable?

What do u think about 3betting AJ against a button raiser? I mean, he is not going to call me with AT.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What do u think about 3betting AJ against a button raiser? I mean, he is not going to call me with AT.

[/ QUOTE ]
That is the idea.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:24 PM

Im grunching here KRANTZ, so i hope this hasnt already been asked...but:

What kind of advice about a hand do you often hear SSNLers give that you dont think is correct?
Old 03-04-2007, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This isn't just for KRANTZ, I'd like feedback from anyone.

I read your brief post on table selection... and I agree that it is very important. However, I don't know how to choose tables to best suit me.

What kinda player texture do you look for? I'm guessing it greatly depends on your playing style. What is there to look for if you're a LAG? what about TAG?

Do you need tons of stats mined in order to make an accurate judgement? Or can you tell merely from stacksize, avg players/flop, and average potsize? do you observe a table for a few hands before sitting?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

[/ QUOTE ]

when i try to pick tables, i'm really not looking at stats or average pot sizes. i'm just trying to find the ones with players i've never seen before, people who are only playing 1 or 2 tables, or people with fishy looking screennames. i suspect that stats like avg pot size (the higher the better) and players to the flop (the more the better) could be pretty useful in table selecting at lower limits, where the player pool is a lot bigger.

[/ QUOTE ]

unknowns with large stacks often turn out to be super huge fish
Old 03-04-2007, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I read your brief post on table selection... and I agree that it is very important. However, I don't know how to choose tables to best suit me.

What kinda player texture do you look for? I'm guessing it greatly depends on your playing style. What is there to look for if you're a LAG? what about TAG?

Do you need tons of stats mined in order to make an accurate judgement? Or can you tell merely from stacksize, avg players/flop, and average potsize? do you observe a table for a few hands before sitting?

[/ QUOTE ]

when i try to pick tables, i'm really not looking at stats or average pot sizes. i'm just trying to find the ones with players i've never seen before, people who are only playing 1 or 2 tables, or people with fishy looking screennames. i suspect that stats like avg pot size (the higher the better) and players to the flop (the more the better) could be pretty useful in table selecting at lower limits, where the player pool is a lot bigger.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you ever just follow another player who you know table selects really well?
Old 03-04-2007, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you ever just follow another player who you know table selects really well?

[/ QUOTE ]

i used to do that on party poker, yeah :-)
Old 03-04-2007, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im grunching here KRANTZ, so i hope this hasnt already been asked...but:

What kind of advice about a hand do you often hear SSNLers give that you dont think is correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

i barely read SSNL, so i couldn't say :-/

probably assuming that one line is the "correct" answer, when there often are multiple lines that could be +EV in many given situations. and being too inflexible to think outside the box about what would be "non-standard" 2+2 lines. people aren't questioning things enough, all the way up to HSNL. why are these lines standard? why wouldn't other lines work?

and if you're not a winning player, don't post advice. this irks me so much, especially with many of the horrible responses to hands in HSNL from guys who have never ever played HSNL before. your advice is obviously not working for yourself, right? but ask lots of good questions. people who are still learning can contribute a ton to discussion by asking good questions.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:58 PM

Do you ever 4-bet shove bluffing?

Lately I've been doing some high variance experimentation since I 4-bet shove AK, KK and AA. I obviously have been only shoving with crap with a good read, but I have been getting some strange calls like AQ when they have no reason to suspect I am FOS.
Old 03-04-2007, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you ever 4-bet shove bluffing?

Lately I've been doing some high variance experimentation since I 4-bet shove AK, KK and AA. I obviously have been only shoving with crap with a good read, but I have been getting some strange calls like AQ when they have no reason to suspect I am FOS.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't 4-bet bluff shove that often, but i 5-bet bluff shove all the time