Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What is this guys deal?
Crack Dealer 3 1.71%
Crack Head 29 16.57%
Has Stolen Credit Cards 72 41.14%
Jaded Ex with Password 34 19.43%
Other (please specify) 37 21.14%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-02-2007, 03:14 AM

Default Re: ***Official*** discuss things related to donating to people thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Imagine if someone had suggested this on that thread months ago? They would have been flamed off the forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

you must not read the mod forum. several smart mods said this was a distinct possibility from the beginning.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually i gave vig some [censored] a while back and received a ton of heat for it.

OP is right.

if someone had called this a scam they would have been verbally castrated by the group mentality around here.

[/ QUOTE ]

if i want anyone to agree with me i cant think of anyone better than txredman haha
Old 03-02-2007, 03:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Imagine if someone had suggested this on that thread months ago? They would have been flamed off the forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

you must not read the mod forum. several smart mods said this was a distinct possibility from the beginning.

[/ QUOTE ]

i called this in the vig thread when it started, beat: i donated anyway, i meant it as a joke, didnt realize i was right
Old 03-02-2007, 03:17 AM

24 hours ago, Vig claimed that he and Sarah donated $50 to the Barry G cause.

I think it's pretty obvious that Mike and Sarah broke up earlier today. The events of tonight were EXACTLY what i would expect to happen in a messy breakup.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Why didn't these smart mods post in the main thread to address this possibility? A couple of posters were afraid this might be a bad idea, but everyone slammed them for being ignorant. Sure would have been nice to get an opinion from a repected poster that could potentially save people from getting scammed.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
24 hours ago, Vig claimed that he and Sarah donated $50 to the Barry G cause.

I think it's pretty obvious that Mike and Sarah broke up earlier today. The events of tonight were EXACTLY what i would expect to happen in a messy breakup.

[/ QUOTE ]

Vig claims to not have seen his child for "days."
Old 03-02-2007, 03:24 AM

Since none of this crap was public when the donations were happening it's possible that he just didn't want to say something like "LOL, I BROKE UP WITH MY GF SO I CAN DONATE THE CANCER $$ TO CHARITY INSTEAD!!!11" and went with the "me and Sarah" thing instead.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:25 AM

I know them in real life, it's not a scam. His FT account did get locked but I don't know why it still hasn't been able to be unlocked. They have a very tumultuous relationship since I met them and it's too bad for the kid in between, too bad it had to turn into a spectacle like this.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:26 AM

it wasn't a goddamn scam you imbeciles. If it was, they would have quietly shut up and pocketed the money. Or if his wife wasn't in on it, she'd never have been told about it.

The cancer and so forth is real. As other posters have said, either Vig has decided, post-appeal, to keep the money, or Mrs Vig is a head case and is randomly accusing him of doing so. There are no other possibilities. But they must have originally been trying to raise money for treatment, otherwise Mrs Vig wouldn't know about it.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:29 AM

It is obviously not a PLANNED scam (at least planned by Mrs. Vig) since it became public, that much is obvious. She certainly has cancer (which is very sad and I will keep her in my prayers, regardless). However, if Vigorish decides to keep the money, for whatever reason, then it becomes a scam of a different sort. At this point, however, we cannot make any assumptions about what Vig plans to do with the money.

Let me clarify what I was saying before: While at the time I felt something was "fishy" and it could possibly be a scam, I do not believe this is all one person pulling off some elaborate scheme. The real life situation is probably real, but donating money to a cancer patient through her high roller boyfriend on online poker sites... it just didn't sit well with me.

Do you understand what I mean?
Old 03-02-2007, 03:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know them in real life, it's not a scam. His FT account did get locked but I don't know why it still hasn't been able to be unlocked. They have a very tumultuous relationship since I met them and it's too bad for the kid in between, too bad it had to turn into a spectacle like this.

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah I re-read everything and think Vig is def being sketchy with not getting funds(non-withheld) to her in a timely manner. He also lied about not seeing the baby for days. Other than these few things I have little reason not to believe the rest of his story.