Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2007, 12:43 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker - 2/26

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I thought Wasicka held his own

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't like his overbet with the A7 two pair hand. He bet something like 200k into a 70k pot on a AhKc7hXc board. Can he really expect to get any action here except when he is beat? And I don't see any better hand folding either.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Gabe was right when he mentioned that Paul doesn't want to get sucked out on. Yeah, it was an overbet but he isn't in a position to outplay anyone else at the table so he probably felt it was best to take it down right then and there. Risky, yes, but if he went into the game with the mindset that he was going to face these guys down on every street, he would have been toasted. Not my m.o. but for him AT THAT TABLE, I can't blame him for playing that way.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

VNH. Barry - thanks for creating TV gold. You've always added a lot to that show - I love your style - but that hand is now my favorite moment in HSP history.

[/ QUOTE ]

Top two - that one and the Hellmuth hyper-call on Barry's all-in during season two. Two classics!
Old 02-28-2007, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

In E-dog's mind he knew he'd be racing.

[/ QUOTE ]
He should know that "top-top" crushes Sammy's range on a good day, even more so when he's very likely to be on tilt.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I suppose on the e-dog laydown he knew that Sammy was steaming and he felt that he very well may have been forced to play for $100k with tptk and it wasn't quite the spot he was looking for.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
That's called playing scared .

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I'll take this as a joke. A bad one at that.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do that.

[ QUOTE ]

In E-dog's mind he knew he'd be racing. Not wanting to race for $100K is not playing scared. I think some of you are so used to seeing these large piles of cash after 3 seasons of this show that you just assume Lindgren can piss away 100 dimes anytime someone wants to race -- even a madman like Farha. With the crap that Farha plays he could easily have had two pair or the flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice of you to have such insight into E-dog's mind.

So, call and run in 2 or 3 times.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no idea what the chip denominations are

[/ QUOTE ]

Red (orange spots): $5 (for tips)
Black (pink): $100
White (orange): $500
Yellow (blue): $1000
Gray (?): $5000
? (?): $25000

We haven't seen the $5k chips up close that much, and until Wasicka started tossing them around this week, I didn't know there were $25k chips on the table.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I suppose on the e-dog laydown he knew that Sammy was steaming and he felt that he very well may have been forced to play for $100k with tptk and it wasn't quite the spot he was looking for.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or maybe he just wants to see another hand. If he pushes, Sammy will babble for five minutes before calling. After calling, Sammy will want to dicker around for five minutes about running it twice, or insurance, or chopping 2/3 of the pot for the fastest six laps around the cocktail waitress, anything besides just putting out the turn and river and pushing the pot to the best hand. Even in the highly unlikely case that Sammy's folding to a push, he's going to babble for a while before he folds. Maybe he's figuring guaranteed hassle > possible profit, let's move on.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

In E-dog's mind he knew he'd be racing. Not wanting to race for $100K is not playing scared. I think some of you are so used to seeing these large piles of cash after 3 seasons of this show that you just assume Lindgren can piss away 100 dimes anytime someone wants to race -- even a madman like Farha. With the crap that Farha plays he could easily have had two pair or the flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Brilliant

Erick made the comment that he would be racing, genius.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Brilliant

Erick made the comment that he would be racing, genius.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't compete with the expert minds in this forum. I concede.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Can he really expect to get any action here except when he is beat?

[/ QUOTE ]

Townsend sure looked like he was seriously considering calling. Other players at the table acted like they would call with AT.

[/ QUOTE ]

I noticed this too and it struck me as pure meta-game, not particularly well done by anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you think he was just acting? The read he stated of Wasicka having either 77 (bottom set) or Khxh (middle pair and flush draw on flop) seemed very reasonable.

[/ QUOTE ]

His read makes sense, but I don't think he was ever very close to calling. Sure, Wasicka has a flush draw + pair there some of the time, but not very often and Townsend knows that. It looked like he was hoping to convince the rest of the table he was thinking harder about calling a huge bet with a bluff-catcher than he actually was.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:29 PM

Just because you have 2k or in their case 100k in play doesn't mean you want to flip a coin for it with a guy on tilt.

I think E put Sammy on 2 pair a X% of the time and a draw X% of the time and considering the steam factor the only thing he knew for sure was that a lot was going in the pot regardless of his play and he didn't want to go to the felt with TPTK.

IMO - If Sammy hit the turn a lot of cash was going in. If Sammy missed the turn a lot of cash may have gone in. If E raised the flop Sammy may have smeibluff pushed who knows.

Just MHO best of luck...