Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2007, 01:14 PM

Default Re: my ftp account got hacked

[ QUOTE ]
JC - I really think that if they've locked up prowlings this evidence is undisputable. To those chiming in with the 'hey, prowlings played these hands okay' lines - it simply doesn't matter. This isn't an American court of law - you don't need to be sure beyond a reasonable doubt. On one hand, you have a dude who never, ever, plays high stakes - and he buries a well known mid-high stakes player for that player's ENTIRE ACCOUNT! He didn't even lose money to anyone else! The evidence in this case is plain - and especially combined with the fact that jc's account will have been logged in from a different IP address, it's open and shut if you ask me. It'd be one thing if Full Tilt had to shell out their own money for this - then you could make the case that people could just log in from different IPs, dump money, then demand that FTP refunded them. This isn't the case here. I'd be very surprised if jc didnt get his $ back.

James

[/ QUOTE ]

Plus, all of the chip dumping was to Prownings at three different levels. Someone in this thread tried to sit down with JC and didn't get to play because he sat out. So we have hand histories that show questionable play, combined with a small stakes player jumping levels far over normal, add in that they played 25/50, 50/100, 100/200 AND jc sits out when another player tries to sit.

I'm thinking even FTP can put this together.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:16 PM

This is sickening! I felt physically sick reading the hand histories!!

I had a friend on Party who had his account hacked into over December and fortunately he had just cashed out his moeny some nights before. He said the best way of prevention was to auto-log his passwored so that Trojan-programs could key-log his password in the future.

I just wanted to ask you guys what the best forms of security are in preventing something like this from happeneing. I know it might be basic but having a full list of securing our Poker accounts might be useful just in case someone has missed one out/doesn't know the full risks out ther.

Ty,
SPJ
Old 02-23-2007, 01:33 PM

Didnt read all that hands that well, but the prown guy seemed to always get to SD w/ the best hand. Since FTP has both hands, should it not become even more clear if they can compare whether or not JC folded the best hand every time and pretty much took the worst hand to SD every time or disproportinate amount or something like that?
Old 02-23-2007, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just wanted to ask you guys what the best forms of security are in preventing something like this from happeneing. I know it might be basic but having a full list of securing our Poker accounts might be useful just in case someone has missed one out/doesn't know the full risks out ther.

[/ QUOTE ]

This has been posted several times before, but it bears repeating.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...p;vc=1&nt=6
Old 02-23-2007, 01:43 PM

my computers are actually pretty secure because i read that thread last year. ive scanned my mac/pc setup and it shows nothing detected. the only thing i can think of is my laptop that my ex is borrowing, but that is secure as well. it may be from two laptops that i used in LA.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
btw guys- take this as a wakeup call if you don't already have a secure firewall/anti-spyware softwares.. shell out 100$ and buy legit copies and protect your BR

[/ QUOTE ]

Also a hardware firewalled router, avoid wireless, use a password manager.
Old 02-23-2007, 02:02 PM

Loosing cash really sux. But if you have a laptop, why would you need to borrow one? You don't bring it with you?
Old 02-23-2007, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Loosing cash really sux. But if you have a laptop, why would you need to borrow one? You don't bring it with you?

[/ QUOTE ]

the ethernet port on my laptop is broken so i couldnt use it in LA.
Old 02-23-2007, 02:47 PM

I dont know if it worth mentionning but "hacking" into an account by physically typing the pseudo and the password of someone else identity is illegal.people are risking legal issues by doing so.so , in the case fulltilt doesnt refund you, but you can trace the Ip adress, or by whatever means find who it was , you can still try a legal way to bust their b... gl
Old 02-23-2007, 03:17 PM

Not having the hottest new laptop with wifi is NOT balla! LOL! Just trying to lighten the mood I really hope you get your $ back from FTP. I bet it hasn't left the site. Also, ask the folks at highstakes.nu to email you the hand histories they have of you playing. Even if you have to give them a little cash, it'd be worth it.

If you get the IP address of the thief and can track him down, pull a Jack Bauer and put a plastic bag over his head!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the ethernet port on my laptop is broken so i couldnt use it in LA.

[/ QUOTE ]