Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 01:08 AM

Default Re: Ask El Diablo

[ QUOTE ]
Techno,

I'm not El Diablo, but I'd say you should just work really really hard at your full-time job so that your manager doesn't have to do any work. Just my opinion.

El Diablo,

Who are the guys you seem to hang out with a lot? Matt Flynn, Ray Zee, Boris, J_V, JA Sucker, GOG, Haakee, etc. How did you meet them? How often do you see them? Do you consider them close, personal friends or just 'poker buddies'? Any cool stories or information about any of these guys would be cool.

Thanks for doing this,
TWP

[/ QUOTE ]

sleep at 10 eh?
Old 01-30-2007, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
El Diablo,

Who are the guys you seem to hang out with a lot? Matt Flynn, Ray Zee, Boris, J_V, JA Sucker, GOG, Haakee, etc. How did you meet them? How often do you see them? Do you consider them close, personal friends or just 'poker buddies'? Any cool stories or information about any of these guys would be cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Along the lines of that question, and maybe this is a subject for another thread. I don't recall it ever being done. Not just for El D, but anyone - How many people have you gotten to know IRL, via 2+2? I've always been curious if the people here who seem to know each other already knew each other, or if their "friendship" was spawned here.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've met tons of people, including Diablo, in real life through 2+2 with no prior relationship. There are probably 8-9 that I consider close friends.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:34 AM

El D,
If you are familiar with him, compare/contrast your lifestyle with that of Mark Cuban. (owner of Dallas Mavs)
If you had his cash, would you do similar?

When will you post entry into ICOOT?
Old 01-30-2007, 01:42 AM

El D,

A friend recently ate at Country in NYC with his girlfriend. They're both in the culinary biz, so the head chef personally prepared (supervised, maybe?) their meal, which was a six-course tasting menu. If you've had such a dining experience, could you detail it, perhaps in a thread dedicated to such?
Old 01-30-2007, 02:43 AM

pick it up with the replies please, this is YOUR forum you know. you have to be here 24/7 when you have your own forum.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:21 AM

Do you really play chess? Rating?

Do you have suggestions for booking a business class ticket on an award in international travel when you are planning on staying at your destination for longer than 2 weeks? A catch-22 of most reservation systems since they book 330 days out and only hold reservations for 2 weeks max.... And yes, i read flyertalk but the answers aren't really there.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:35 AM

PA: I think a college education is one of those things that is still looked at by enough people as a sort of baseline requirement that it's worth getting for most people because it really can close a lot of potential doors not having one. I went to college at Rice University, majored in Electrical & Computer Engineering. I never used that major except for helping me get a decent job in consulting. And for a couple of years out of school and in my first company I did some programming, some of which I learned at school. But really, college was just a fun time hanging out with a lot of people I liked with very little stress. That social aspect is the biggest reason to go to college imo. As far as majors go, I think undergrad business is pretty much the most worthless major possible and would recommend just about anything else over it.

NY: Crushed, meal would be a gametime decision, and I don't need any extra incentive to sleep with hot underage runaways.

drex: I don't think black really means anything in this particular context. And I agree with you, I wouldn't call myself "pimp."

tech: I responded to someone earlier saying that I think it's worthwhile to get a little experience in the work world, if only to learn how the business world works. I know I had no clue before my first job. The time you invest there can save you tons of time you might waste otherwise doing boneheaded things in a startup. A good management consulting job will give you the opportunity to be exposed to a wide range of stuff pretty quickly. One of the best things about this is finding out about tons of stuff you just plain can't stand. I'm the wrong guy to ask about real estate, I'm woefully uninformed on that topic. I suspect we'll have some good RE threads here, though.

TWP: I met haakee, beetz, and GoG playing in different live Bay Area cardrooms. We later figured out we "knew each other" on 2+2. Boris I actually met via learning that we were in the same industry professionally and contacted him on 2+2. Sucker I met one of those two ways, I can't remember for sure. All five of these guys I consider close friends. I see these guys anywhere from twice a week to once a month depending on what we're up to. These are the only local 2+2ers I hang out with regularly. There are some other local guys like Tommy and scrub that I consider friends as well, but don't see as much. I have 12 other 2+2ers in my phone, all of whom I would call friends of varying degree. With the first group of five there are plenty of ridiculous stories, mainly involving alcohol, women, or both. None of those need to be shared, though.

Nh: Cuban is one of those guys I look at and say, yeah, that guy knows how to take advantage of having money and have a ton of fun. He also seems to be a pretty sharp guy. Based on what I know, I have a lot of respect for the guy.

RDH: I've had a few dining experiences like that. I think a "most memorable dining experiences" type thread needs to happen soon.

drex: Right on it, chief.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:40 AM

reno,

I don't play chess. I was really good as a young kid but never played it seriously.

Trying to book premium class frequent flyer international tix is too frustrating for me. I don't think I've ever actually managed to do that, though I do know a few friends who have done that to Europe and Japan. But I think they had to be pretty flexible with dates. I have had success buying the cheapest upgradable coach and using miles to upgrade. Most of the time when I did this stuff I was highest status frequent flyer; I suspect it would be a much bigger pain in the ass for me to do now without status.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:51 AM

Senior,
I reiterate,
When will you post an entry into the Iron Chef thread?
Old 01-30-2007, 05:07 AM

N,

I'm chicken. I'll keep my eye out for a quickfire challenge I can perform respectably at, though.
Closed Thread