Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2007, 12:48 PM

Default Re: Neteller Founders arrested

Email today from UB............

Dear XXXX,

Due to some recent changes in the online poker industry, NETeller has decided to no longer offer instaCash to its customers within the United States. We noticed you have used NETeller instaCash in the past to fund your UltimateBet account, and we have a number of safe and secure methods available to you.

We are pleased to recommend INSTADEBIT as an alternative payment method. It’s as easy as writing a check or using your debit card. INSTADEBIT is a safe, secure and easy way to transfer money from your bank account to your UltimateBet account. This easy-to-use payment system works the same way as NETELLER instaCASH. Simply create an account with INSTADEBIT, register your banking details on their secure system, logon to UltimateBet and move funds from your account to your UltimateBet account. It's that easy. All your banking information is 100% secure and completely protected with 128-bit encryption. To create an INSTADEBIT account, click here.

Looking for other ways to fund your account? We also offer many other easy-to-use payment methods such as: ePassporte, ATMonline, Central Coin and Click2Pay. Get all the details in the Cashier section of our software!

See you at the tables,

The UltimateBet Team
Old 01-17-2007, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fYI:

As a trial for us all, I have just withdrew 1k from PokerStars, proceeded to put it on my neteller debit card and safely recieved it through an ATM.

Besides the elimination of instacash the site seems to be operating as usual.

I will miss neteller the ease of use is unmatched

[/ QUOTE ]

how is it that you were able to move 1k at once onto your card? I think mine says that I can only do $500 a day MAX.

I read somewhere on here that when you use a Neteller card, the card sends your SSN to a bank in the US which then gets reported. Is this correct?
Old 01-17-2007, 01:05 PM

I turned my insta cash off for security purposes a year ago, so I don't care.

You receive an email notice whenever someone tries to move funds, as long as you check your emails everyday, which I have to do several times a day anyway.

There is no way somebody can screw with my Neteller account without providing ample time to head them off.

With instacash that is not possible, if you're hacked the money is gone before you get a chance to do anything.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:06 PM

Default Re: Neteller FBI Press Release

WILL YOU PEOPLE PLEASE SORT YOUR [censored] COUNTRY OUT!

Hugs and kisses

The rest of the [censored] world!
Old 01-17-2007, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fYI:

As a trial for us all, I have just withdrew 1k from PokerStars, proceeded to put it on my neteller debit card and safely recieved it through an ATM.

Besides the elimination of instacash the site seems to be operating as usual.

I will miss neteller the ease of use is unmatched

[/ QUOTE ]

how is it that you were able to move 1k at once onto your card? I think mine says that I can only do $500 a day MAX.

I read somewhere on here that when you use a Neteller card, the card sends your SSN to a bank in the US which then gets reported. Is this correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

My Max is 1k. I have been with them for several years and moved a decent amount of $$, maybe that is why the higher debit max?

The reporting part bothers me also. I have been assuming I was avoiding a paper trail by using this. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 01-17-2007, 01:16 PM

Default Re: Neteller FBI Press Release

[ QUOTE ]
WILL YOU PEOPLE PLEASE SORT YOUR [censored] COUNTRY OUT!

Hugs and kisses

The rest of the [censored] world!

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't want to let the terrorists win, do you?

(I'll tell you whose terrorizing me about now.)
Old 01-17-2007, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The reporting part bothers me also. I have been assuming I was avoiding a paper trail by using this. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You were sadly mistaken, of course there is a paper trail. The ATM processor was a US bank, which will most likely be forced to leave Neteller shortly as well. Dont be shocked if the DOJ/FBI asks to see the ATM processors transaction records someday.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 01-17-2007, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So can the OP claim the sky is falling NOW?

That indictment (though obviously an indictment and not a proven case or conviction) is pretty damn worrying.

Worst case scenario, hopefully the DoJ goes all the way and stops you sharks from playing as well as the fish.

Anyone who looked at the UIGEA and said that internet poker will still be here and its unenforcable, well there is a pretty major shot across the bow right there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm...the sky is not falling.

While I'm conerned about online poker this is hardly the fatal blow.

In fact, this act shows the limits of the DoJ. They had to wait until the Neteller guys were on U.S. soil before they could take any action.

Also consider that this indictment is targeting illegal sports wagers.

There will be other companies willing to take on the risk and willing to stay out of the U.S. When the UIGA was passed, at least one poker site said that they had ninety something alternative funding options they were exploring outside of Neteller.

I think many fish won't even realize what happened. Many will just see that Neteller is no longer available and select a different funding method instead. That is even IF Neteller decides to leave the U.S. market, which now they may not do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whilst not the fatal blow itself, the wording is pretty telling how far the US Gov is gonna push this.

The dudes were charged with laundering billions of dollars to illegal off shore organisations.

How long until a major news networks has a slow day and leads with how illegaly foreign companies based in tax shelters are illegally taking billions of dollars out of the US economy all whilst the american players are unaware they are breaking the law...insert some anti-terrorism stuff similar to the SUVs fund Terrorists campaign and its a pretty sensational lead.

One big blown up story and you see a lot of fish stock vanish overnight.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:09 PM

The arrests were the lead story in the Vancouver Sun today, as John Lefebvre owns a lot of property on Saltspring Island, a short ferry ride from here:

Sun Lead Story

They also ran a second story on the front page about John Lefebvre:

"Teddy Bear Hippy"

Not much new content from what I've seen on here already, just thought some of you might like to see the Canadian spin on the whole thing.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:18 PM

I wonder if poker sites will be targeted next by the US gvt. If so, Stars being the largest site, will Lee Jones or the canadian guy that owns most of it be in risk of being arrested while on US soil?

Authorities seem to be taking the kind of actions that are supposed to scare the owners and make the news.

May a possible reaction to this be sites closing down? When the owners are so rich allready, it can make sense if they want to enjoy their wealth and their freedom. Adding extra billions to the ones they allready have in their bank accounts may not be that important anymore.