Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > Special Sklansky Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2007, 02:56 PM

Default Re: The answer must be yes - always.

[ QUOTE ]
The question asked is:
Do you want to make all people happier?
Then you stipulate that the end of mankind in this case will be in roughly 600 years.

My argument is simply that given the fact that the overall happiness was increased, the end of mankind must be irrelevant. Even though (for obvious reasons) most people likely finds the end of mankind to be something negative, the fact of this question is that everybody was made far happier by some scientific procedure. So this means that even if we set the number of years until sterility kicks in to 0, the answer must be yes, because the scientific procedure guarantees increased happiness, which means that whatever it is this procedure is doing, mankind finds more happiness from this, than sorrow from being sterile.

Simply put, there is no way any logical rational person ever can say anything else than yes to this question. If you disagree, you are simply not logical. As David points out - this question "can't really be debated logically".

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the stupidest thing Ive ever heard. Hows this for logic: Im already wealthy and happy. I have billions of dollars that I can spread to the children's children for many generations... I dont want a procedure that ensures happiness as I am already happy. I dont want a procedure that sterilizes humanity because I want future generations to feel the same things (happiness as well as pain) that I have felt.

So before you vote on this procedure, it would be very easy to LOGICALLY disagree with it, [censored]...HedCEC, youre an idiot. get off sklanskys nuts