Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2007, 08:54 PM

Default Re: ALL MY ACCOUNTS WERE HACKED INTO

"We experienced some technical issues the night your first email was sent regarding this matter."

Translation: Noone reads email on the weekends.

Can you imagine the outcry if this involved a stock portfolio or online banking account?

Good luck in recovering your funds.

I am curious to know how the owners of this board feel about this situation, considering how they have ads for FTP all over their site?
Old 01-09-2007, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"We experienced some technical issues the night your first email was sent regarding this matter."

Translation: Noone reads email on the weekends.

Can you imagine the outcry if this involved a stock portfolio or online banking account?

Good luck in recovering your funds.

I am curious to know how the owners of this board feel about this situation, considering how they have ads for FTP all over their site?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only that, but the email was sent early in the afternoon, not at night. I would like to talk to any pros on this board who could help me. Please PM me. I would appreciate it. Also, anyone affiliated with Stars or Full Tilt please PM me as well. This issue should be taken extremely seriously and should set a precedent going forward.

Thanks- Jared
Old 01-09-2007, 09:15 PM

Location: On my knees praying that God shows my opponents His power

[ QUOTE ]

IF $6800 was lost in table play, where is the $18,200???? This site is a complete and utter joke, and anyone who plays on their site should seriously reconsider. I'm going to email them back asking where the other $18,200 which is in my mind unaccounted for

[/ QUOTE ]

Go back to FTP's e-mail after they investigated. They indicated that this guy successfully traded money (FTP money for money on other sites) with other players. I assume the money was lost while he was playing high stakes in order to appear legit before asking for a trade.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:15 PM

I think a good step that everyone should take is getting the phone number of anyone you trade with, and phoning to confirm any future transactions.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:54 PM

25K is definitnely a good reason to go after someone and inflict pain.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:37 PM

Wow, I would never have thought that I would be a witness to such a thing.

I remember to have watched the table when Stinger was asked by Skipolo (the fake one) if Stinger would trade some stars money for full tilt money.

Actually it was pretty exciting for me to read about a 25k transfer that is made using the (public) poker stars chat.

Then Stinger asked Skipolo if he is "Rojo" on FT. (I believe he just wrote Rojo and not the full FT screen name.) But Skipolo said that his account is
Eddiefelsonn (actually I didn't remember which nickname Skipolo said but when I read it in this thread I was sure that it was something that ended with felsonn).

Also there was a question about the way of transferring it. If I remember correctly Stinger asked if Skipolo will do the transfer as 10k, 10k and 5k. I think it sounded as if Stinger would ask Skipolo if he will do it in the "usual" way which obviously means no more than 10k at a time. (Is there a limit as to the size? I don't know I play micro limits [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Well, most probably this post has very little information that could really help you Skipolo but I just wanted to confirm Stingers story after I noticed that I was a 'witness'.

Skipolo I wish you the best of luck in getting all your money back and find the person who did this to you.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:08 PM

would it help prevent thefts in the future if transfers has a (for example) 24 hour delay?
Old 01-11-2007, 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
would it help prevent thefts in the future if transfers has a (for example) 24 hour delay?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at FullTilt when they take 36 hours to take action.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:32 AM

Irony: FullTilt has a customer helpline for people that need help with DEPOSITS but nothing else
Old 01-11-2007, 04:48 AM

This same Eddiefelsson was active last week on the Microgaming network (aka Prima).

From what I saw a guy I play regularly with at the higher stakes games on prima whom I am quite friendly with had his acct stolen by Eddie. I noticed my friend, Svennaage255, playing hyper aggressive with full stacks at 100/200. Normally, he plays 50/100 with small stacks and is quite conservative. What really tipped me off was he was playing h/u which I have never seen him do before with a player I had never seen previously.

He asked me if he could email me a question. I said sure and he gave me his email and I emailed him back. He wanted to dump $12k in chips at a h/u table and have me western union him $9.5k in exchange. Said he neeeded the cash fast and couldn't get it from his prima skin for a week or so. I said no as I didn't want any part of chip dumping and was of course alerted by the hefty premium he wanted to give me.

He then asked if I'd look at some h/u hand histories for him to see how he played. I said sure. He sent me a zip'd file and I clicked on it to open it. At the last second I decided not to open it as little alarm bells had been ringing through this whole episode.

A while later another player I know quite well was chatting at a table telling virtually the same story. He opened the zip file though and his spyware and antivirus programs quarantined the keylogger and trojan. Man, was I relieved I didnt' open the file, although I'm sure my security systems would've caught it, but who knows.

We told our stories in the chat to a pokermanager who had us email our skins with the info. Who knows what they did with this as they haven't gotten back to us.

The next day Svennaage255 was not playing at any tables (he plays almost everyday), which lead us to believe that his account was frozen. However, the other guy who opened the zip file, had added him the previous day to his messenger. The guy messaged him and said he was playing under a different account now...Eddiefelsson. Surprise!

Anyway, all we really know about this guy is he speaks Norwegian and I believe Swedish. He approached at least one other guy at prima that I know of.

That's all I have for now. If I find out anything else I'll post it.