Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2006, 03:27 AM

Default Re: Help CashmanBrian scammed me

One thing I would like to know is what exactly happened to the money.

So it appears that $6K was, in fact, transferred into cashman's Stars account.

And he did at least attempt to send $6K on NETeller before his NETeller was frozen. Do we know whose account that $6K is in? Assuming that NETeller will unfreeze the account, will it be in cashman's account at that point?

I would like to know the answers to some of these questions.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:53 AM

Now I'm really confused. (and I wasn't before now)

some scammer guy representing himself to be Cashmanbrian gets this dude to ship THE ACTUAL cashmanbrian 6K?

WTF kind of scam is that?

Given this info, I'm gonna go have to go ahead and definitively go with the 'OP is FOS' option

My current theory:

1. OP transfers 6K to cashmanbrian

2. OP makes up that post on P5s and this post here as part of some elaborate ruse

3. ????

4. Profit
Old 11-28-2006, 04:09 AM

cashmanbrian, in the library, with the candlestick
Old 11-28-2006, 10:46 AM

I in fact am CashmanBrian and I do not have a "CashmanBrian" account here on 2+2 because of the fact that when I first started my website, I would always post it in my signature and throughout my posts here on 2+2 and my account was closed because of those actions.

I heard from Nat yesterday regarding this thread and followed along and was very reluctant to post for many reasons. I then contacted ZBTHorton(2+2 mod) yesterday and he had summarized the situation for everyone and the only post I made was when the other individual requested a summary about 10 pages in.

As per my convo with ZBT last night I requested to get access to my banned CashmanBrian account here but unfortunately he was not able to do so and he is not online at this time. We also discussed the fact that I would be returning the funds to this individual assuming my neteller was reinstated and I was not out any money, this is the case, everything is in tact and I now have access to my funds. Although it appears that he has [censored] a number of people in the past and I considered sending the money to anyone he had wronged in the past, but felt that I would be no better than him. I feel that would be the right thing to do for the others who are helpless at this point, but that is not something that I am here to police.

So what I did was I sent the cash to him on PokerStars, BUT surprisingly the transfer did not complete for reasons that would not be disclosed to me by PokerStars. At this time I have an additional $6k that belongs to LocalLegendWV but cannot be returned to him. So what I have done is I have unblocked him on AIM on the number of accounts he has contacted me on.

The one thing I found very interesting is when he posted his attempt to contact me via AIM, he blocked out his own AIM name. What I would like to do is notify everyone of the AIM names that I do have for this person.

The names he contacted me on were:
pokerballa01
woltas
joes282828

I will not make any recommendations as to how each person should handle speaking with them, that choice is up to you. His original contact with me was a claim that he was joesodom from PokerStars and rumors I heard from the past was that SteveDaPimp did the same thing and others, I am not sure if SDP is LocalLegendWV or not but I do have his IP address and his physical address. SDP also posed as twin-caracas and artoface(the real art of ace is a friend of mine who can hardly use a computer let alone AIM). With that being said, do what you wish when/if you are contacted.

At this point I will wait and hear from this individual from one of the AIM names that I have for him. I will not send the money on neteller, nor can I send it on stars, and since the only other site I occassionally play on although rarely is FTP, I will not send it to him on there. I am not going to put any of my accounts at risk but if there is another site that will allow me to immediately deposit $6k on it ior over time I will do that and return the funds to him.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:57 AM

Sounds good, thanks for the post Brian.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
cashmanbrian, in the library, with the candlestick

[/ QUOTE ]

hahhahaha
Old 11-28-2006, 11:47 AM

color me confused, how is anyone scamming here (perhaps type slower so i can follow along [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])
Old 11-28-2006, 05:29 PM

Everyone seems to be hating on the OP, but it does sound like he sent money to CMB and didn't get his 6k. It sounds like an issue with Neteller or PS and not CMB's fault; but the OP is still down 6k. It seems like a communication error. Not sure who he is or what he does, but this doesn't seem like a scam to me. He may be a hothead and accused before getting the facts, but that's just means he is not really good at resolving conflict and not (necessarily) a scammer. Just my opinion.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:44 PM

Cashmanbrian,

Thanks for your post. I feel like part of the purpose of this "scam" have been simply to slander your name and devalue your reputation some.

Honestly, I had heard of you but had no idea who you were or what you did prior to this thread.

Not only do I now know who you are and what you do, but I have respect for you.

So if slander was indeed one of the points of this scam, consider it completely failed - in my case, at least.

Thanks for coming out and clearing it up.

Snarf
Old 11-28-2006, 06:11 PM

Here is my current convo with this individual:

(16:03:33) pokerballa01: hey
(16:03:36) cashmanbrian3: hi
(16:03:39) pokerballa01: man
(16:03:42) pokerballa01: can you send it back
(16:03:48) cashmanbrian3: where?
(16:03:50) pokerballa01: neteller
(16:03:55) pokerballa01: i jus fixed it
(16:03:56) cashmanbrian3: did you read my post?
(16:04:01) pokerballa01: no my friends called me
(16:04:11) cashmanbrian3: im not sending anything to you on neteller
(16:04:17) pokerballa01: how about full tilt
(16:04:26) cashmanbrian3: read the post
(16:04:35) pokerballa01: how will u pay then
(16:04:46) cashmanbrian3: stop wasting my time and read the post
(16:08:24) pokerballa01: your not going to pay
(16:08:25) cashmanbrian3: to anyone else i would apologize for my laptop dying, but you not so much
(16:08:36) cashmanbrian3: excuse me?
(16:08:42) pokerballa01: if u wante3d to pay u wud
(16:08:45) pokerballa01: ur trying to keep my money
(16:08:49) pokerballa01: dont worry i haqve hired a lawyer
(16:08:58) pokerballa01: i have proof of deposit witrh neteller on stars
(16:09:03) cashmanbrian3: have you called the internet police too?
(16:09:12) pokerballa01: u havea business
(16:09:15) pokerballa01: why keep my 6k
(16:10:45) cashmanbrian3: you have been given options for me to send your $6k and you request it 2 of the 3 places i will not send it because i will not have any of my accounts associated with you, stars, neteller, and FTP are the only places I use, so pick a site that will allow me to deposit 6k immediately or over time and you will have your money, i sent it back on stars and it got denied because apparantly stars has a beef with you as well