Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2006, 03:47 PM

Default Re: TLK banned for collusion?

Wow my IQ was just reduced by 27% from reading this. Damn NVG.
Old 11-22-2006, 05:14 PM

jihad,

while your sarcasm in this thread is hilarious, imo, you should be temp-banned for claiming to be a FTP admin and spreading false rumors like this. many people believed you and even i wasnt 100% sure you were just kidding.

i really hate the moderating of this forum. spreading false rumors, especially about important matters like this should be a punishable offense. yes the veteran posters will know better than to trust these rumors but there are alot of lurkers and novice posters that will assume them to be true and spread the gossip to their poker playing friends. 2p2 should be more responsible than to allow that [censored] [censored] to happen.

no, this post isnt sarcasm.
Old 11-22-2006, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
jihad,

while your sarcasm in this thread is hilarious, imo, you should be temp-banned for claiming to be a FTP admin and spreading false rumors like this. many people believed you and even i wasnt 100% sure you were just kidding.

i really hate the moderating of this forum. spreading false rumors, especially about important matters like this should be a punishable offense. yes the veteran posters will know better than to trust these rumors but there are alot of lurkers and novice posters that will assume them to be true and spread the gossip to their poker playing friends. 2p2 should be more responsible than to allow that [censored] [censored] to happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good post. I usually am disinterested in 2p2 politics/moderating policies, but the fact that spurious comments about celebrity posters get deleted in this forum while this thread runs wild is absurd at best.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:05 PM

I didn't read this whole thread thoroughly but summary = everything false?
Old 11-22-2006, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont get you guys, there are some pretty decent poker players on this forum- probably more than Dan Negraneus site and Im sure if this was posted there people would actualy be able to read the facts and not be obsessed with what level sarcasm was getting. People obviously use the 'OMGz Nth level sarcasm' reply when they dont understand whats been said and are to proud to admit it went over there head.
Me, El D, Spechel EDD and a few others have tried to explain it as clearly as possibly but it seems many just dont understand
How could it be simpler- colluding heads up gives a huge edge on opponants, up to and beyond 20% in some loose games- the biggest proof of this is the amounts of money won during the Beal games- it always seemed to be Beal wins 6mill, Ivey wins 10mill....they managed to win all this money because they were colluding like animals- do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm trying to figure out if you are very smart or very stupid.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:44 PM

Latest news - TLK has admitted to colluding in heads-up matches. However, he said that to lessen the edge he was getting, he would enter multiple SNG's so he wouldn't be able to focus as much on the collusion. In addition, the one time he was playing his grandma HU shouldn't count just because she got sleepy and he had to play both accounts. TLK admits he made a mistake but asks all of you to forgive him for this youthful indiscretion.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
jihad,

[/ QUOTE ][/sarcasm on my part]
I actually agree with everything you've said, including that I was wrong to claim FTP'ness. Sometimes I overestimate the (I guess you could call it this?) social-intelligence of the average poster. My first post was so blatantly flippant ("yup") that the serious responses ("is this guy really an FTP admin"), especially coming from posters that have a huge post count and I figured would maybe recognize my general outlandishness from OOT and other jackassedry, really cracked me up and I couldn't help play back. The FTP admin claim was, again, so obviously ridiculous (on top of the sarcastic verbage) that I couldn't imagine that it would start what it started. The whole situation was aggravated by some more very funny sarcastic posts by those "in the know" but then got pretty stupid, and now I agree with you. It's over the top.

As for a banning and the general moderation of the forum, although I think a temporary ban would be a bit severe, I do think a warning and locking the thread would have been plenty appropriate and I certainly would have understood a temp. ban (permanent would be outrageous).

In general I think that this is probably the most poorly moderated form on this site for basically the same reasons as you. There are a lot of people making a ton of money in this industry, and this industry is just like every other one in that your reputation precedes you. Just look at guys like ZJ and Grim. I know you're one of the big-guys $-wise, so I'm sure you understand and agree. I believe that this forum should be one of, if not the most highly moderated ones. There's nothing wrong with asking an unfounded question, but you get a lot of guys with like 22 posts coming into threads and saying what they "know". My fault, I believe, lies only with the over-estimation of the average poster's sarcasm detection ability.

All that being said, I wouldn't be much surprised to see a certain Mod look at the suggestion of a well-respected poster like yourself and act on it. I know Dids hates me (generally because my propensity towards being what someone like him would call a douche-bag) so I'll be standing by.

Consider this an admission of lying and an apology. Also a statement that people are really, really ignorant.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My fault, I believe, lies only with the over-estimation of the average poster's sarcasm detection ability.

[/ QUOTE ]
In fairness to you, this is something that is absolutely impossible not to overestimate.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My fault, I believe, lies only with the over-estimation of the average poster's sarcasm detection ability.

[/ QUOTE ]
In fairness to you, this is something that is absolutely impossible not to overestimate.

[/ QUOTE ]True. Carried-away-dangling-a-carrot-in front-of-idiot's sound better?
Old 11-22-2006, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I dont get you guys, there are some pretty decent poker players on this forum- probably more than Dan Negraneus site and Im sure if this was posted there people would actualy be able to read the facts and not be obsessed with what level sarcasm was getting. People obviously use the 'OMGz Nth level sarcasm' reply when they dont understand whats been said and are to proud to admit it went over there head.
Me, El D, Spechel EDD and a few others have tried to explain it as clearly as possibly but it seems many just dont understand
How could it be simpler- colluding heads up gives a huge edge on opponants, up to and beyond 20% in some loose games- the biggest proof of this is the amounts of money won during the Beal games- it always seemed to be Beal wins 6mill, Ivey wins 10mill....they managed to win all this money because they were colluding like animals- do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm trying to figure out if you are very smart or very stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]
Its obvious, do you see why?