Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2006, 03:39 AM

Default Re: Chicks and gambling for a living.

jay's correct reply: yeah, i'm a gigolo now.

Confuse her if you can't convince her.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I haven't had this problem at all. Most girls (hell, most of anybody really) I tell about online poker ask me to teach them.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be still in college. I learned quickly never to talk about poker unless I was talking to a poker player. When I have talked about poker, I've regretted it. I can't remember ever having received a positive reaction.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am, and I mostly hang out with college-aged kids.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Please explain how I come off as an "arrogant retard." I am not arrogant about poker at all. If it is the baller comment, it was a joke. That is where the gay smiley face comes in.

I also didn't explain poker for a living to her. IMO, thats almost impossible to someone who doesn't play therefore I rarely try.

[/ QUOTE ]

She asked a few stupid quesions and you just kind of laughed them off, but shes wrongly judging you because you're not really giving her real answers. How is she suppose to respect you when you act like your life is such a joke.

When she says this at the end "who the [censored] wants to date a guy who gambles for a living" try saying something like "someone who isn't shallow and believes that what someone does for a living doesn't define who they are".

Also, you made it look like you think being rich is what its all about, and also you made it seem like you're lazy by not challenging the stuff she says, just again laughing it off or whatever. So if you're lazy and you only care about money then rock on, but hopefully you're life is a little better than that.
Old 09-20-2006, 04:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't really care what she thinks

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't care what she thinks, yet you created a post about how you are angry about her thoughts? I don't understand.

We are talking about gambling to pay the bills. Most people will have a negative perception of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't go back and check, but didn't I say that I care what my ex thinks and future whores? Do you just stop reading whereever you feel like it or what? She is not the only girl in the world that has thought or will think like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry. I assumed we are refering to the girl you had the conversation with.

You said you don't care what moron-convo girl thinks. I don't see how you can not care what she thinks, but have her statements anger you enough to ponder and then post about them.

Even if you could care less about the girl in the conversation, it does worry you that she might be representing the opinion of many girls (future whores).
Old 09-20-2006, 04:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Please explain how I come off as an "arrogant retard." I am not arrogant about poker at all. If it is the baller comment, it was a joke. That is where the gay smiley face comes in.

I also didn't explain poker for a living to her. IMO, thats almost impossible to someone who doesn't play therefore I rarely try.

[/ QUOTE ]

She asked a few stupid quesions and you just kind of laughed them off, but shes wrongly judging you because you're not really giving her real answers. How is she suppose to respect you when you act like your life is such a joke.

When she says this at the end "who the [censored] wants to date a guy who gambles for a living" try saying something like "someone who isn't shallow and believes that what someone does for a living doesn't define who they are".

Also, you made it look like you think being rich is what its all about, and also you made it seem like you're lazy by not challenging the stuff she says, just again laughing it off or whatever. So if you're lazy and you only care about money then rock on, but hopefully you're life is a little better than that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the serious reponse homie. I laughed it off because I didn't really give a [censored] what SHE thought. I made this post because I know that this goofy attitude towards our professions is chick logic and in the future chicks that I do care about may feel the same way.

I just don't care to start some drama over what some random chick says. This was our first lengthy conversation in probably 2 years. I never knew that she thought that about me back in the day and it would have bothered me then.

The rich thing coming from me wasn't totally serious. I did think to myself "how dope would it be to get my ass in gear and log some hands and move up in limits and become baller? THAT WOULD SHOW HER!" But being rich isn't what it's all about at all. The next chick I date is gonna have to deal with it, and I think if she is into me enough, it won't matter what I do.

It seems that you got the impression that I was a pussy more so than an "arrogant retard." I really just didn't give a [censored] about this whore. She is zero part of my life why should I even waste time defending myself to her?
Old 09-20-2006, 04:48 AM

Anyone sticking up for the girl is giving her too much credit. Her thought process is this: Gambling=addiction=doesn't take any effort=bad, Poker=gambling, poker=bad. She doesn't want to go out with someone who does something bad. The post on the first page about the girl wanting white picket fences and [censored] is on point. I hope you all can see why she is very ignorant.

My girlfriend, who I love very much, thinks in somewhat this way. Solution? Win lots of money, show your numbers, show graphs. Honestly if you made like 300k/year, I doubt you'd have had this conversation.
Old 09-20-2006, 04:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Even if you could care less about the girl in the conversation, it does worry you that she might be representing the opinion of many girls (future whores).

[/ QUOTE ]

ZACTLY! Because I am pretty sure chick logic is pretty even across the board.
Old 09-20-2006, 04:53 AM

I guess I'm fortunate, then, to have a girlfriend who understands what I'm trying to do. Her faith has gotten me through spots where I'd probably have quit halfway through the learning process.

It's all good, though, OP. The perception ain't just chick logic, man. It's more 9-5 logic, I think.
Old 09-20-2006, 04:55 AM

You are probably right.
Old 09-20-2006, 05:09 AM

oh, and about the 50k construction vs. 50k poker thing, I think there's a positive in poker that people are missing. Say you're a construction worker making a 50k salary. In 5 years, you may have improved considerably at your job. In 5 years, you will probably still make 50k/year, or close to it.

In poker, you improve. That 50k number will get larger, probably signifigantly larger over the years. I suppose it could also be -50k, but if you're playing poker for a living and don't completely suck, it's pretty difficult to lose money in a year.

Another thing, I hate how girl-logic on this subject is straight from 100+years ago. When you work long, long days, your job has a big impact on who you are. But people have a job for one reason. $. Would someone build other people's houses for no reason? no. I can play poker, make lots of money, and live my life how I want to live it. You think that construction worker would rather have his job or yours? He doesn't do what he does because he's not lazy. He does it because it's the best way he knows how to make a living.