Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2005, 05:55 PM

Default Re: Stupid things I thought when I was a kid.

Santa Claus (until 9)
Life was Black and White pre 1960 (7)
Crinkle cut fries had to be manually whittled crinkle by crinkle (10)
Penis had bones in it. (12)
8 oz of water in round clear cup, was less wather than same 8 oz in tall narrow cup / earth mass increased as we built buildings from earth. (9)
Missisippi River flowed to Lousinana because North is up and South is down. (11)
Baseball official scorer is stationed in center field wall scoreboard. (14 / and still today)
Increase gas milage by buying larger circumferance tires. (13)
Dig to China from sandbox (9)
TV repairman had a magic mirror that he held in his hand
while looking in the back of TV set. (10) (Of course he was just using this to see what screen was doing during his fiddling)
Frogs cause warts (40)
You could viist Radio Shack TRS-80 on display, and type in any question, such as how many stop signs on route 1, it could answer immediately. (14)
Old 07-19-2005, 06:07 PM

When I was 10 or so, I designed a car that would need no fuel. An electric motor would turn the front wheels, and at the same time turn a generator. Power from the generator would be used to run the motor.

I realized that this car would need some way to accelerate, so I added solar cells on the roof, and a battery which would be charged by the cells.

I tried to make a model version as a side project in 7th grade shop class, but it never got done.

My dreams were dashed when I learned that a generator becomes much harder to turn once you connect an electric load to it.
Old 07-19-2005, 06:10 PM

I think I've got all of you beat.

Until I was about 10 or 11, because I had noticed that married couples all had the same last names, I thought you had to marry someone with the same last name as you. The catch is, I was fully aware that you couldn't marry someone related to you. So I thought you had to find someone who you loved who had the same last name but you weren't related to. I don't have a very common last name so I was a little worried.

I was generally a fairly smart kid...I have no idea why I had this idea in my head for so long.
Old 07-19-2005, 06:20 PM

When I first played FF7 i was told you could say anything you want. (Really you could only select which thing to say on rare occasions) So when I was stuck, I kept on typing "what do I do next?" and stuff (i played on PC)

I also didnt know where barret puts the ammo in his gun/arm. What he got bullets runing through his veins or what?

When I was really small I thought that people with there own TV shows were too stupid to make money a different way, little did I know TV buisness is the way to roll.
Old 07-19-2005, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You could viist Radio Shack TRS-80 on display, and type in any question, such as how many stop signs on route 1, it could answer immediately. (14)

[/ QUOTE ]

Bringing back memories...

When I was 14, I bought my own TRS-80, used, for $650. A friend did the same. We used to make fun of people like you (sorry [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ).

I was a rich little brat as a kid because my parents let my brother and I buy video games on credit, and then put them in their arcade, with us getting half the collection. The games would take about 4 months to pay off using our half, and then we would get all this income for doing nothing. When the game's popularity died off, we would sell it for about 1/10 the purchase price, usually to the one guy who still played it all the time and wanted it for his home.
Old 07-19-2005, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought sandwiches tasted better cut in half, lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

please be specific, because cut in traingle form is clearly better than in half.
Old 07-19-2005, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I thought sandwiches tasted better cut in half, lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

please be specific, because cut in traingle form is clearly better than in half.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I used to think the Washington Redskins were from Washington State. I used to think the New York Giants played in New York.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhhm... Where do the Washington Redskins play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Landover, Maryland.

Season ticket holder. Sect 431, Row 11. Bleh.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I denied that there was a "baby hole" and she became so angry that she was going to show her "baby hole" to me to prove me wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude..what the [censored].
Old 08-03-2005, 03:53 AM

Although I thought many stupid things myself when I was younger and even still get made fun of by my fiance because of the misconceptions I still buy into, my sister takes the cake...

She was a really picky eater and would only eat chicken, so to get her to eat other things my parents told her everything was chicken, even veetables and steak. She finally caught on when she ate over at a friends house and asked her friend to pass the chicken (steak) and practically got laughed out the door. We still rip on her for it.

Dumb thing I thought until a couple of years ago...
Delaware is a city in Maryland.