FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Girl + Tattoo on lower back
HAWT 24 26.67%
YUCK 37 41.11%
DONT CARE 29 32.22%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-24-2006, 06:42 PM

Default Re: Dcifr vs. DipSetByrd battle rap thread

Sorry you didn't like my rhymes Dipset, not that I would consider you an arbiter of taste. Maybe you had a hard time picking up on the rhythm. I will try to record it for you so you can hear how bad it is.

BUT AT LEAST I WROTE THEM MYSELF

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

NT
Old 08-24-2006, 06:44 PM

Oh wow, you are right about the crash test dummies line. Honestly I thought of it myself, I just didn't realize it was in my subconscious and came to me when I was writing that. You are ABSOLOUTLY RIGHT about the ludacris line. I am even surprised myself. The top line is not a rip off. I know banks uses it in a song, and me starting that verse with the line is paying homage to banks. If you knew me, you would know lloyd banks is one of my favorite rappers, which is why I use a lot of his beats. My skill is spoken for you need to practice more is COMPLETLY different. Because big L uses the words "practice more" in a song means I cant use them? LOL. Why don't you just tell me he has the right to every word hes ever used in a song. I guess i cant use the words ebonics, crack, honey, dummy, money, even the dick in the tummy line is not just Big Ls, and once again I gave credit to big L in that verse. It is homage. bust a nut in your eye I explained already. I have never listed to phife and i dont even know who that is, and ive never listened to a tribe called quest. The ludacris one though you are absoloutly right, I am going to take that out. I didn't realize that, honest mistake.

You are quick to nitpick 4 lines, but ignore the rest of the entire paragraph with the assumption I stole the rest? that's pretty pathetic.

I am rolling up a blunt right now, then I'm going to start writing, NT! I write all my lyrics, I hate jay z because he steals them and I never intentionally steal any lyric from anyone. Dcifr, why are you taking this so personal? it is a battle. Relax and have fun. I respect talent when I see it. I never said I didn't like your music, I just said your rhymes lack substance, that doesn't mean they aren't pleasing to the ear. time to write.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:46 PM

The sound of you backpedaling is almost as pathetic and amusing as the sound of you rapping.

If you're going to try to 'battle' anyone I suggest you develop a working knowledge of relevant, well-known rappers so you can avoid looking like a chump... like I said, I haven't followed rap closely in YEARS and your [censored] is so obviously bitten to me it's funny.

NT
Old 08-24-2006, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate jay z because he steals them and I never intentionally steal any lyric from anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is so humorous and awesome.

"When I say a Big verse I'm just Biggin up my brother"

NT
Old 08-24-2006, 07:05 PM

DSBG,

Do not let these guys intimidate you. I am looking forward to your new rhymes.

I am going to be away soon for the weekend, but I am really excited about checking out this thread upon my return Sunday evening.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:12 PM

I'm going to see the Holmes Brothers tonight but if anyone wants to let me know where I can get a few instrumentals at various tempos and some software to record, I have a minidisc mic I can probably plug in.

BTW if you're in NYC you should get down to Terra Blues by 10 PM or so and catch these guys... they are awesome... think I will make a thread about this.

NT
Old 08-24-2006, 07:24 PM

I have a good idea. How about we both use the same instrumentals and let the people compare who is better on it? I have a bunch of instrumentals and Ill tell u where to get the recording program if you want:

NT! <---

my aim is: TheMatl2ix

P.S. Believe me ElDiablo I am confident in my rhyming ability and lyrical talent, I am not worried about anything, Its not like im going against Immortal Technique
Old 08-24-2006, 07:27 PM

sounds very fair dude. what kind of software are you using and is it possible for me to get it?
Old 08-24-2006, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a good idea. How about we both use the same instrumentals and let the people compare who is better on it? I have a bunch of instrumentals and Ill tell u where to get the recording program if you want:

NT! <---

my aim is: TheMatl2ix

P.S. Believe me ElDiablo I am confident in my rhyming ability and lyrical talent, I am not worried about anything, Its not like im going against Immortal Technique

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds good...how about we just pick either milk this cow (cappadona) or some other easy to flow to beat like wahts the difference (dre)

Barron
Old 08-24-2006, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yo you got the blunt i got cyphs on that
i walk around each day a new knife in my back
you talk about a bad day i live a life like that

my friends out here are all single serving
like bltches, they play more games than michael irving
always quick to smile, and give you dap, then they talk mad shlt right behind ya back

[/ QUOTE ]

Breathin by Tupac:

Verse 3 [Kastro]

I walk around with a knife in my back
Talkin' bout a bad day, I live a life like that

It's a fear, and I'm losin' my hair, bless the houlogans
Catch me, I'm fallin' out flat, yo, I'm ruinin'
Breathin' is suicant, no one give a [censored] about me
I leaned to like it like that, when I was still wit' mommy
Besides a seed that the devil run from
In the belly of the beats, that's where the [censored] we come from
And still breathin'