Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2006, 07:17 PM

Default Re: Fake Photos/Stage Pictures... Funny Movie Clip

You're right about propaganda. As to what caused the child's death, that's up for debate. He very well have been taken from a hospital morgue. Just a few days ago. AP published a photo of a young dead Palestinian girl being carried into a hospital (surrounded by armed men no less!) who they claimed was the victim of an Israeli airstrike. Turns out the girl fell from a swing at her home.

Pictures here
Correction here

A photojournalist who is working in Lebanon and has had his work published in the New York Times said he has personally witnessed the "unearthing of bodies, directing emergency workers here and there, asking them to position bodies just so, even remove bodies that have already been put in graves so that they can photograph them in peoples arms."

From lightstalkers.org - worldwide blog for photojournalists

Or, if you prefer you can take a look through this video at the six minute mark for a funeral parade where the "corpse" climbs back into position after being dropped.

More output from Pallywood
Old 08-12-2006, 07:47 PM

All the terrorism and latest wars have proved RELIGION KILLS!
Old 08-12-2006, 07:48 PM

Can you please explain the significance of this propoganda. Are civilians not being killed in significant numbers?
Old 08-12-2006, 08:02 PM

The problem is, Hizbullah is not a conventional army. What is a decisive victory? I think it will come at a price that Israel is not willing to pay. Israel can either expand this war a very large amount, which I think it is unwilling to do, or it can choose to sue for peace, as it is doing right now.

Terrorist/guerilla warfare groups do not let themselves be defeated on the battlefield. As long as a conflict causes resentment among a population/culture, the terrorist group will always have support, so unless the resentment ends, or the population dies out, there will be no decisive victory.

And to end the resentment, Israel simply needs to keep conflicts small, making sure not to get involved in any prolonged conflict.

Let Hizbullah and Hamas try to deal with peace. If they cannot create the type of conflict that they wish, Israel wins.
Old 08-12-2006, 08:04 PM

You're missing the point Utah. American conservatives don't care a whole lot about Israel/Lebanon. Their main problem is was summed up by Stephen Colbert, "The truth has a liberal bias".

The main reason for this ranting in the blogosphere is the perception among conservatives that the media is biased against them. Their main evidence is the perception that there was a more negative slant to coverage under Bush than Clinton. This is likely due to two things: Selective memory and that the news coverage actually has been worse. But is hasn't been worse because of media bias, it is because there is more bad news to report due to Bush administration policies. Conservatives realize that this stream of bad news is likely to mean political problems for them. So instead of recognizing the error of their ways, they shoot the messenger.
Old 08-12-2006, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The main reason for this ranting in the blogosphere is the perception among conservatives that the media is biased against them.

[/ QUOTE ]Why is that perception wrong as it seems to me that it is dead on and I am not a conservative. Why is it every other day that we see a scandal from Reuters, CBS, CNN, BBC, NYT, etc.? Even if there isn't a bias how in the world can any of these sources possibly be trusted?
Old 08-12-2006, 09:16 PM

Default Reading Comprehension

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Israel can't win a war with Hizbullah, Israel can only win a peace. By invading Lebanon with more force than necessary, Israel has destabilized a democratic government and given Hizbullah more credibility and prominence. IMHO, very weak play on the Israel's behalf, especially after Ariel Sharon's brilliant moves in the past few years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Evidently you have never read Von Clauswitz's classic book, "On War".
Decisive victories lead to peace. ...

[/ QUOTE ]

haha... you think Israel's recent actions will prove "decisive" against terrorism? OMG that is funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

<Sigh> I have criticized the Israeli Prime Minister's handling of the war but you chose to ignore that.
Now, you FALSELY claimed that I think Israel's lack-luster actions will be decisive. I don't know if you have poor reading comprehension or are just trying to falsely change my statements. If you can't make an honest argument, then it is pointless to communicate with you. I will try one more time:

BURNING the Persian Oil fields will be decisive.
Hezbollah's sugar daddies in Tehran will be broke and severely weakened. And hopefully, the Iranian moderates can overthrow the regime. This is the only way I can see Israel achieving a decisive victory.
Old 08-12-2006, 11:46 PM

Default Re: Reading Comprehension

i think israel is finally realizing what we lebanese have known all along: everyone that comes into lebanon gets their butts kicked. bye israel. hope you enjoyed your visit. come back soon.
Old 08-13-2006, 10:03 AM

Default Israeli Cabinet approves UN ceasefire plan

The cabinet approved the UN cease-fire deal after a stormy debate Sunday, clearing a key hurdle to ending the monthlong Mideast war, the government said.

The 24-0 vote, with one abstention, came a day after the Lebanese government approved the agreement, and Hizbullah leader Hassan Nasrallah gave his grudging consent. The truce was to take effect on Monday morning, but the potential for new flareups remained high.

Former Defense Minister Shaul Mofaz abstained in the vote, said a senior government official.
Old 08-13-2006, 11:00 AM

Default Re: Israeli Cabinet approves UN ceasefire plan

Thanks for all the updates Sniper.

So, it appears that absolutely nothing gets solved and that the only outcome was a lot of people killed.