Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2006, 06:26 PM

Default Re: Gildwulf\'s Play-Every-Hand 100 Hand LIMIT Challenge

TWP,

What was the other thread/activity?

As for pointing out how stupid people can be, I think this thread is as fine a place as any to point that out.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:27 PM

AC TR.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:29 PM

I browse through a couple of the forums, the whole point is it easy to become so close-minded when no one is telling you anything different. Its detrimental to your growth, so its pretty unfortunate.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Graph?

[/ QUOTE ]

if someone starts a new thread, ill repost it, or just do it over again or something

[/ QUOTE ]

It is very possible that this is the worst BB/100 loss rate in the history of online poker. Even playing every hand and trying to lose by capping all streets with ten high. I would think you would also have to run really bad at the same time in order to acheive -270BB in 100 hands.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:33 PM

Ok I'm done. I started 2-tabling after a while because it got too slow. I feel like I ran really bad during these 101 hands, since the few good hands I got came in second anyway (two pair vs higher two pair, straight vs flush, TPTK vs rivered set, TPTK vs trips etc). Also, my opponents managed to fold plenty of times postflop when I had them beat with some pair, but not very often when I had 4-high.

Edit: The reason I'm not at 100 VPIP is that I sometimes got to see a free flop in the big blind, of course.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can we play micro limits or play money?

blake

[/ QUOTE ]

Dang, I should have thought this out a little more. I think .25/50 is the lowest we should go otherwise everyone will do it and it won't be as much fun/risky. Let's say it needs to be .25/50 and above.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about a least/most variance prize?
Old 03-01-2006, 06:41 PM

the only thing that would make this better is if you play every hand with a post-it note covering your cards. 100 hands - 100% vpip 100% wtsd 100% blind.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:42 PM

I am some nit, some of this stuff is just mind-blowing to me. I am a 20 year old sophmore in college. I have an earning potential that is around 200/hr so I am not so far removed from the concept of dealing with much more money than ever previously accustomed to. The idea of dropping out/taking some time off has crossed my mind as I sometimes fall asleep in econ or do whatever I may be doing at 12 on a Wednesday rather then be in class. The more I read about the kids who have chosen to drop out , the more comfortable I am with the decisions I am making in my own life. These tools can be learned without college, but the academic and social interaction seems to be more valuable then $x dollars. I just think it is easy to get caught up and short-sighted as a young kid, making a lot of money. Newhizzle displays some characteristics that make me think college might be worth more then he can fully understand at this point.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:45 PM

Drunken donk-level NLHE from last summer:

Old 03-01-2006, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i don't really understand why you would blow through $2700 like that. i mean, it's hilarious but think about what you could've bought for $2700 rather than doing this. it's pretty sick really, especially nwo taht you're living off your poker income

[/ QUOTE ]

i mean im not really worried about it, i could easily lose that much in a bad 100 hands at the games i normally play, and im kinda sick right now and dont feel like playing for real

and i was bored, but whatever, i mean its money going back to the community, and you never know when some guys gonna want to take a shot at higher limits cuz their favorite fish is sittng

[/ QUOTE ]

in vegas i got blacked out drunk and pissed away about 5 dimes at 30/60. it makes me sick thinking about it. i just don't think it's worth it. i just wonder what motivation there is behind doing this type of thing (and what i did). at least when you play BJ or craps you have a chance at a big score because the negative edge is so tiny