Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2006, 01:46 PM

Default Re: Poker Stars Mod request - will pay $$ ($25?)

[ QUOTE ]
Here's my Stars mod. I really just made this for myself but there seems to be some interest in these. So please take a look and let me know if you guys would be interested in my mod.

List of changes (I might forget one or two):
-Changed cards to simple, solid colors that are easier on the eyes.
-Changed card backs to bright yellow/black trim so it's easier to see how many people are still in the hand.
-Total pot indicator moved to the middle.
-Rake moved to top center of the table.
-Dealer button changed (I like it but my friend says it looks stupid. I might still modify it some more.)
-"Leave table" and "view lobby" buttons in the top right removed.
-Call is now bright green.
-Bet and Raise are now bright red.
-The edging around the little circles have been removed so it's just the gray circles now.
-Empty seats are now easier to notice since I removed the rectangle box with name and stack from the empty seats.
-I also removed the "Seat Open" and "Empty Seat" texts from open seats.
-Layout button moved to the top left of the chat box.
-The line between the player's name and his stack amount is removed.
-Options button removed visually (Clicking where it used to be still brings up the options box and the area for that button has been increased to the whole top middle area of the table for easier reloading).
-Table and background image modified slightly. "PokerStars" removed from the middle of the table and "DSS" removed from the bottom right corner of background.

Pics: (Click thumbnail then click on the picture once to display it in full resolution)

[/ QUOTE ]

YES PLZ. I have no idea how to create somethng like this though. I guess you have to do all of this and then create a .bat?? file as well, or maybe that .bat first?
Old 11-22-2006, 04:44 PM

not sure if everyone got what they were looking for, but i have done some deep mods for players wanting to accomodate their HUD set-up - including the script to deal with updates.

if I get some free time I'll post some examples

personally - i prefer a nice ass to look at while playing

Old 11-22-2006, 05:47 PM

Now that kicks ass! I dunno if I could concentrate on the game. Your themes look great but how about some images with the chips & cards on the table so we know what they look like in play?
Old 11-23-2006, 12:29 AM

jsnipes,

replacing all the images in your stars folder with those of my mod should work fine. when i want to open stars i just click my shortcut to pokerstars.exe and there is no auto-update.

so is there significant interest in my mod or not so much? I want to just release my mod for benefit of the community, but at the same time feel like all the time I've put into this be partially compensated. not sure what to do...anyways is anyone else interested??
Old 11-23-2006, 01:35 AM

If somebody can create me one with a lighter table and tan-ish background that will be compatible with the BetPot script I will gladly ship $50 your direction.
Old 11-23-2006, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

that will be compatible with the BetPot script

[/ QUOTE ]

No requirements for this, other than standard action buttons & pot size indicator.

Use only hyper-simple or classic buttons & pot size indicator, all will be well.

Any background, any cards (so long as they contain some pure white (#ffffff) pixels, should be fine.

I'll probably upload my own Stars mod in a day or two [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

dave.
Old 11-23-2006, 03:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No requirements for this, other than standard action buttons & pot size indicator.

Use only hyper-simple or classic buttons & pot size indicator, all will be well.

Any background, any cards (so long as they contain some pure white (#ffffff) pixels, should be fine.

I'll probably upload my own Stars mod in a day or two [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

dave.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dave, I was under the impression that the BetPot script didn't work for the defualt PokerStars tables?
Old 11-23-2006, 06:30 PM

i'm looking for someone who uses HUD to test this theme and provide feedback and screenshots

http://psthemes.com/forum/index.php?page=34

Old 11-23-2006, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

took me about 20 hours + (table mod excluded)

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf i want these cards
Old 11-23-2006, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dave.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dave, I was under the impression that the BetPot script didn't work for the defualt PokerStars tables?

[/ QUOTE ]

The latest code ( v0.2 - posted yesterday night) now also works with the default "Classic" Stars theme, aswell as Stars "No Image" theme, in addition to some new features (fold & call hotkeys) and many misc fixes for Party & Full Tilt also. It should also now work with any Windows XP theme.

Linky

Best documentation right now is in linked post above, I still need to rewrite everything on the overcards.com page.

Enjoy,

dave.