Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2007, 01:34 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (9/17)

Veil, what's your FTP screen name. I'm sure many people would be willing to rail you at nosebleed and that is your ticket to glory.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:11 PM

High Stakes Poker Season 4 is available here:
http://www.veoh.com/series/HighStakesPoker4
Enjoy
Cheers
Old 09-20-2007, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it is amazing how much the rest of the table openly disrespects jamie.

do you think he realizes this, or is he just so much in his own world that he just counts his 12 million dollars and doesn't give a [censored] what other poker players think of him?

[/ QUOTE ]

Gold is actually starting to grow on me. I like him more every time I see him. I definitely like him more than Brian Brandon or Bob Safai.

[/ QUOTE ]

12 million? where?
Old 09-20-2007, 08:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
man, i was rooting so hard for baxter to hit his straight against hellmuth

[/ QUOTE ]
Ditto. Would've been awesome to watch Philly go off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have given Jen Harmon her next kidney to have an ace fall.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-20-2007, 04:06 PM

LOL @ Baxter, Gold and Safai all seated next to each other. How sick-juicy is that for anyone with half a clue how to play? I'm not sure which of those 3 suck worse.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:42 PM

Spoiler Alert (and link) in White
<font color="white">
well we have it on good authrity that jamie gold will lose a tremendous amount of money in later shows - over half a million:
</font>

Old 09-20-2007, 09:01 PM

gee thanks for the spoiler idiot
Old 09-21-2007, 04:13 AM

I didn't read the whole thread but whats the deal with Farha talking several times about "chow" or something. I think he is referring to the camera in front of the dealer but whats the story behind it if there's any?

Anyway that was one of the best high steak show, the game is so much entertaining with Helmuth, Negreanu and Farha.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't read the whole thread but whats the deal with Farha talking several times about "chow" or something. I think he is referring to the camera in front of the dealer but whats the story behind it if there's any?

[/ QUOTE ]

Chau Giang
Old 09-21-2007, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i really didn't think people like veil actually existed. wow. i guess i have been overestimating the general population.

[/ QUOTE ]

Back it up then, you dip.s.hit. How tough are you over the internet? Back up your insult 'cause I don't even know what you're hinting at. I'll further back up my points: go read or watch any gold interview, he'll be quoted saying that he doesn't find himself to be even a great player, but merely a good player. Find me just one thing he says that even hints at him portraying arrogance and I'll point out your judgmental tendencies based on no foundation whatsoever besides your stupid ignorant brain. If you don't disagree with this, what on Earth are you even talking about, and what are you hoping to achieve by writing this crap? You're so much better than me, mate, loads better. I'll play you $50/$100 heads up on FullTilt any day of the week. Not wanting to brag, but since your post is implying I'm some kind of fool, let me say that I haven't had a losing heads up session on those stakes at FullTilt in more than two years.

[/ QUOTE ]
you're taking offense and trying to be defensive when you say you don't even understand what i'm saying. what i was getting at is more of your "if i have the chip lead at the wsopme for a few days and win i will kill anyone that made fun of my poker ability because that one feat alone will have proven that i am one of the greatest players ever to hold the cards". that is laughable, dude.

as for your dick-waving contest, i'd have to move a bit of money around for $50/100 that i'd rather not have to mess with, but if you'd settle for $25/50 on ftp, i'd be more than happy to take you up on the deal. let me know.

[/ QUOTE ]

let us know too, so we can rail ya.

[/ QUOTE ]
veil has refused to reply to anything i've said to him about playing. huge shocker there.