Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which QB do I start?
Jon Kitna vs. Green Bay 7 87.50%
Alex Smith vs. Oakland 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-05-2007, 11:05 PM

Default Re: Songs/bands that are popular that drive you NUTS

I opened this thread expecting lots of Nickelback hate. No other band has the ability to put me on that kind of roided monkey rage.

Hinder's "Lips of An Angel" or whatever it's called come pretty close.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:24 PM

Styx definitely does it for me. I'm a big classic rock fan, but any time I hear on the classic rock stations,

"I'm, say-leeng, ay-way,"

in that whiny, high-pitched, nasal voice, I have to exercise great self control not to go on a rampage with my car. Oddly enough, I can tolerate Geddy Lee.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:26 PM

I'm so glad I don't listen to the radio or watch videos. You people should try it, then you won't get sick of some really great songs that have been listed.

I agree with whoever said Frank Sinatra. I can't stand that music for some reason.

Poofler: I don't know any Hinder songs but I saw them at some NFL press conference on TV earlier today and their look alone put me on lifetilt. I hope they all explode.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:28 PM

Yeah, to be honest, 1998 or 1999 sounds about right. That means you missed Nirvana as a living entity, you missed Paul's Boutique and the "Sabotage" video (among other things). It means you missed War The Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby. It means the best Beasties song you heard new was "Intergalactic", it means Nirvana is a bunch of dead white guys, and U2 is the side project of some famous middle-aged peacenik. You didn't see these bands when they did the things that have left and will leave people talking about them for years.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:28 PM

kipin - check out The In Sound from Way Out! by the Beastie Boys if you're not into their vocals. It's all-instrumental and pretty [censored] good.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Styx definitely does it for me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Even mr roboto?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?! [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
Old 09-05-2007, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, to be honest, 1998 or 1999 sounds about right. That means you missed Nirvana as a living entity, you missed Paul's Boutique and the "Sabotage" video (among other things). It means you missed War The Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby. It means the best Beasties song you heard new was "Intergalactic", it means Nirvana is a bunch of dead white guys, and U2 is the side project of some famous middle-aged peacenik. You didn't see these bands when they did the things that have left and will leave people talking about them for years.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember the Sabotage video, I have listened to U2's Joshua Tree, Joshua Tree is at least somewhat listenable, but later U2 sends me on tilt.

I will admit I pretty much didn't "get" Nirvana when Curt was still alive, but I definitely remember hearing Smells Like Teen Spirit at least right around the time of Curt's death which I know isn't when the song originally came out, but it was still something new to me. (I guess I was 6 when Nevermind was released so obviously I wasn't exactly able to appreciate the music at that age)

Since then I have heard enough Nirvana to know that even the stuff that doesn't get radio play still annoys me, although maybe not quite as much.

I will also admit that I have not listened to Paul's Boutique in its entirety but after looking at the track list some of my most hated BB songs are included there.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Styx definitely does it for me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Even mr roboto?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?! [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh my first concert. The Kilroy Was Here tour. I wore a pair of Sergio Valente jeans and a matching Sergio Valente red and black striped muscle shirt. Hot. I think I wore that shirt one other time to school and got made fun of so bad it never saw the light of day again.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:22 AM

I may have missed it, but how has Dave Matthews Band Not been mentioned? Every single song sounds the [censored] same. I would have to put up with so much [censored] in school whenever i even HINTED that i hated Dave Matthews Band.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember the Sabotage video, I have listened to U2's Joshua Tree, Joshua Tree is at least somewhat listenable, but later U2 sends me on tilt.

I will admit I pretty much didn't "get" Nirvana when Curt was still alive, but I definitely remember hearing Smells Like Teen Spirit at least right around the time of Curt's death which I know isn't when the song originally came out, but it was still something new to me. (I guess I was 6 when Nevermind was released so obviously I wasn't exactly able to appreciate the music at that age)

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard probably one of the first ten plays of "Smells Like Teen Spirit" on my local pop station when I was 11. Bought Nevermind on cassette for $8 of my allowance money, threw away the album cover and wore it out over the next year. Good times.