Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 01:32 PM

Default Re: The Bourne Ultimatum

Wasn't the scene in Supremecy when he was on the top of a building in Europe with a sniper rifle? Then in Ultimatum he was inside a bldg in New York.

Am I missing something?
Old 08-08-2007, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wasn't the scene in Supremecy when he was on the top of a building in Europe with a sniper rifle? Then in Ultimatum he was inside a bldg in New York.

Am I missing something?

[/ QUOTE ]

That scene was when he wanted Stiles to meet him and Pam said "What if I can't find her?" then Bourne says "it's easy, she's standing right next to you :click:"
Old 08-08-2007, 02:09 PM

I'm almost positive the dialogue in the two Landy phone call scenes are completely different except for the coded repeated lines at the end.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Am I missing something?

[/ QUOTE ]

That scene was when he wanted Stiles to meet him and Pam said "What if I can't find her?" then Bourne says "it's easy, she's standing right next to you :click:"

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks

Now I need to go watch all 3 again.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fly its not the same scene cause the dialogue/office/etc are not the same and the entire scene itself is not the same

[/ QUOTE ]

not trying to be difficult here, but does anyone have the actual dialogue of the 2 scenes? b/c Wiki seems to think the 2 scenes are identical.

"Some time later, in New York, she receives a call from Bourne, where she expresses her thanks for the tape, and tells Bourne his real name is David Webb and that he was born 4/15/71. Bourne tells her that she looks tired, indicating that he is looking right at her. The film ends with Bourne fading into a New York City crowd. This ending conversation is repeated, in context, during The Bourne Ultimatum showing that the ending to this film is a jump to the middle of the sequel."

[ QUOTE ]
They never planned to start the third movie right after his conversation with Neski's daughter. In fact Gilroy didn't even start thinking of how to write the 3rd Bourne till well after Supremacy was finished.

While shooting Ultimatum they did not even have a full script..they wrote it as they went along--hence the 1 year shoot.

[/ QUOTE ]

but, none of this is evidence that the scenes are different. it may not have been originally intended to be a flashforward seen, but it sure looks like they retro-fit it to be that way.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fly its not the same scene cause the dialogue/office/etc are not the same and the entire scene itself is not the same

[/ QUOTE ]

not trying to be difficult here, but does anyone have the actual dialogue of the 2 scenes? b/c Wiki seems to think the 2 scenes are identical.

"Some time later, in New York, she receives a call from Bourne, where she expresses her thanks for the tape, and tells Bourne his real name is David Webb and that he was born 4/15/71. Bourne tells her that she looks tired, indicating that he is looking right at her. The film ends with Bourne fading into a New York City crowd. This ending conversation is repeated, in context, during The Bourne Ultimatum showing that the ending to this film is a jump to the middle of the sequel."

[ QUOTE ]
They never planned to start the third movie right after his conversation with Neski's daughter. In fact Gilroy didn't even start thinking of how to write the 3rd Bourne till well after Supremacy was finished.

While shooting Ultimatum they did not even have a full script..they wrote it as they went along--hence the 1 year shoot.

[/ QUOTE ]

but, none of this is evidence that the scenes are different. it may not have been originally intended to be a flashforward seen, but it sure looks like they retro-fit it to be that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

KBZ..my memory served me that the scenes were different dialogue position of desk in office background behind outside window etc. I haven't seened Supremacy in a while but if the dialogue is 100% identical then it would make sense but the question remains why include that in the 2nd movie when they didn't even know what the story would be in the 3rd. It may have been a rush job where they just threw that scene in...but again--why not just include the original scene from the 2nd if they are identical...there is no need to reshoot the scene all over again.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:37 PM

Pam: Pamela Landy.

Bourne: I hear you're still looking for me.

Pam: Bourne?

Bourne: What do you want?

Pam: I wanted to thank you...
for the tape.

We got what we needed. It's all tied off. It's over.

I guess I owe you an apology.

Bounre: Is that official?

Pam: No. Off the record. You know how it is.

Bourne: Good-bye.

Pam: Wait. Wait.

David Webb.

That's your real name.

You were born 4-15-71 in Nixa, Missouri.

Why don't you come in and we'll talk about it.

Bourne?

Bourne: Get some rest, Pam. You look tired.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:49 PM

I've only read the last 10 or so posts but I watched the supremacy monday night and then went out to watch ultimatum. The scene with landy midway through ultimatum is 99% the same one at the end of supremacy. Ultimatum just starts somewhere before supremacy ended, likely after Bourne apologizes to Nesky's daughter (as has already been suggested).
Old 08-08-2007, 08:14 PM

"Fly its not the same scene cause the dialogue/office/etc are not the same and the entire scene itself is not the same"

The only difference is that in Supremacy it's sunnier and appears to be ~April instead of winter. It's the same dialogue, Landy is wearing the same shirt, talking on the same phone.

It's supposed to be the same scene.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Fly its not the same scene cause the dialogue/office/etc are not the same and the entire scene itself is not the same"

The only difference is that in Supremacy it's sunnier and appears to be ~April instead of winter. It's the same dialogue, Landy is wearing the same shirt, talking on the same phone.

It's supposed to be the same scene.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed it is, I've only seen Supremacy like 100 times.