Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2007, 06:13 PM

Default Re: More Bonds

FireStorm,

I'm amazed that you think increasing head size is anyway of an indicator of steroid use. Perhaps you can show how that is an indicator of using teh juice?

And wtf are you talking about female fertility drugs for and mexican beans? Have you been reading espn for juice advice?
Old 08-30-2007, 06:17 PM

Head size increase in and of itself is not evidence of anything. Head size increase, muscle mass increase, surging performance beyond what people think is humanly possible, positive amphetamine tests, pages and pages of documented evidence, witness testimony, and a potential pending indictment for perjury seem to paint a fairly clear picture, wouldn't you agree?

Would it also be fair to say that Bonds steroid use and Aaron trying a greenie are pretty diffrent and really don't belong in the same conversation?
Old 08-30-2007, 06:20 PM

You are a moran.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Head size increase in and of itself is not evidence of anything. Head size increase, muscle mass increase, surging performance beyond what people think is humanly possible, positive amphetamine tests, pages and pages of documented evidence, witness testimony, and a potential pending indictment for perjury seem to paint a fairly clear picture, wouldn't you agree?

Would it also be fair to say that Bonds steroid use and Aaron trying a greenie are pretty diffrent and really don't belong in the same conversation?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a [censored] idiot of the highest order. Head size increase along with any other indicator is the clearest indication of HGH use along with a distended gut.

The easiest conclusion to draw back is that no one uses HGH on its own. Its synergistic with juice and insulin. Amazing you hear no one talk about insulin abuse which is probably more important than stressing over HGH?

Get a clue dude.

And Aaron didn't take "one" greenie.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:22 PM

Feel free to explain why I'm a "moran" instead of relying on the idiotic 2p2 method of increasing your post count with a three word disagreement. Spelling lessons might help. As for indicators of steroid use, this is a silly conversation to continue to have, if you people want to live in a fantasy world where Barry is 100% clean and everyone else everywhere is lying, go right ahead.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:26 PM

Bean hasn't been saying that bonds didnt do steroids, at all, and that you think that's his point, shows that you don't know wtf you're tlakuign about. Plus you keep mentioning his headsize, when your evidence is "look at it!" show soem pictures of his head before, and his head after, i'm nto convinced, especially after bean cited his HOF helmet being teh same size as when he started.

edit: this is just to scratch the surface about why your posts are retarded, and redbean is the man.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:38 PM

Yes, obviously Redbean is the man. One wonders why someone would stipulate to Bonds using steroids, but still research head size information to refute allegations that his head is bigger as a result of them. I don't think Redbean has any idea if he thinks Bonds took steroids or not, what I do know is that his logic is beyond bizarre and he's comparing apples and oranges. We keep getting told that it's some unfair act that the media castigates Bonds but doesn't mention Aaron's amazing one sentence mention of a greenie pop forty years ago. If you need the difference between the two to be explained, go back to grade school.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, obviously Redbean is the man. One wonders why someone would stipulate to Bonds using steroids, but still research head size information to refute allegations that his head is bigger as a result of them. I don't think Redbean has any idea if he thinks Bonds took steroids or not, what I do know is that his logic is beyond bizarre and he's comparing apples and oranges. We keep getting told that it's some unfair act that the media castigates Bonds but doesn't mention Aaron's amazing one sentence mention of a greenie pop forty years ago. If you need the difference between the two to be explained, go back to grade school.

[/ QUOTE ]

STEEROIDS DONT INCREASE HEAD SIZE. FFS.

This is why you're a "moran". You make arguments based on your own preconceived notions without any thinking. Or you read someone else's half cocked logic and then parrot it.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bonds apologists need to come up with a better argument than the link OP provided.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have my complaints about the OP link, but I don't see how excellence, even seemingly otherworldly so, becomes an indictment.

[/ QUOTE ]

In and of itself, it isn't. However, within the context of his career and coming when it did after 10 seasons of consistent results it is evident to me that SOMETHING happened. Bonds' years from '00-'04 were not just normal growth. They were the 5 best seasons of his career (by a wide margin). They came after 10 remarkably consistent seasons. They came when he was 35-39 years old. Those are facts. Trying to show that these years were just normal growth is patently absurd.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

'86-'89 456 25.2
'90-'99 603 13.9
'00-'04 782 8.4

Smooth progression?

[/ QUOTE ]

You criticized the article for "arbitrarily" breaking Bonds career into three fairly even chunks 7-6-6 years.

And then you arbitrarily chopped it up into 4-10-5 years, and left off his last two seasons. All of which was mighty convenient because it seemed grouped to maximize the emphasization of your point.

Let's see if I can do the same with Hank Aaron, arbitrarily using 3-12-5 seasons, and leaving off the last ones.

'54-'56 - 1 HR every 25.4 AB
'57-'68 - 1 HR every 16.2 AB
'69-'73 - 1 HR every 11.8 AB (Age 35-39)

Uh-oh.

Looks like Hank started off slow, then matured and was consistent for 12 solid years, and then at age 35 he surged to heights he had never been.

[ QUOTE ]

The Bonds apologists need to come up with a better argument than the link OP provided.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you think anyone should have to apologize for Bonds putting up good numbers?

Do you think someone should apologize for Hank's numbers too?

Either way....Ok, I guess I'll do it....um....hey guy...I'm sorry Barry hit all those homeruns.

Better now?

Oh, almost forgot....I apologize for Hank too.

And while we're at it, I apologize for Carlton Fisk too.

And Hank Sauer.

In fact, let me just go ahead and apologize for every person over the age of 35 who ever hit a homerun.