Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 08:31 PM

Default Re: **Official uNL Microbrew thread: September**

PJ here is the deal: (and this is off course only based on your statistics, I can't do magic, but what comes to mind)

1. There is an odd balance in your aggression stats, usually the run something like 5/3/2 or 6/3/1,5 or similar when you see 'em, but you have this flopaggression that is is a wee bit low (but this is normal with uNL'ers) but surprisingly your river aggression is thru the roof. So based on this two possible mistakes come to mind. Either you are overvaluing marginal hands and thus play for stacks and/or raise/checkraise where you should be checking behind or just calling.

Or

You like to pull big bluff on the last street, either C/R all in or raise all in ... all very macho (See 2. below as well)

2. You cold call a [censored] on the BTN. Position is all very well, but you seen not just to call for implied odds once in a while, with that coldcalling frequencies I have hunch that you like to float and get involved in macho stabbing in the dark bluff wars .. cut it out til you reach 200NL or similar. (Im guessing here .. but I pride myself at being a good guesser)

Did I hit the nail on the head ?
Old 09-02-2007, 08:38 PM

Is this something you'd consider doing?

I thought he had nada here, been playing with 'em a while...

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.02/$0.05 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (SB): $12.88
BB: $4.10
UTG: $7.72
BTN: $12.33

Preflop: Hero is dealt 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 Players)
UTG folds, BTN calls $0.05, Hero calls $0.03, BB checks

Flop: ($0.15) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $0.10</font>, BB folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $0.25</font>, Hero calls $0.15

Turn: ($0.65) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($0.65) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $0.15</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.70</font>
Old 09-02-2007, 08:41 PM

I think im fairly smart in terms of not drastically bluffing at 25nl. I have moved thru it before, im just trying to do it again. Also, I havent played for stacks with anything less than 2pr or a draw with 14 or more outs. Im not sittng here stacking off with AK on an A Q 9 board

ur thoughts about my river aggression do bring up a very interesting point. I think i may try to value bet pretty thin, which may not be in my best interest this low. However that also comes from pot control, IE previous hand example, i bet flop, check turn, bet river. But even so, I think that may be a sample size issue, cuz i dont remember sitting here thinking "should i vbet here or is it too thin" more than a few times. Im def gonna gauge the aggression progression over the next few sessions tho, if i decide to ever play again
Old 09-02-2007, 08:46 PM

I suspect that is where you leak is ... there is something wierd with that river aggression (High aggro is good, but this seen odd)

So either you value to thin or ?

Perhaps you apply pot control on boards that are too wet to control and thus run into akward spot on the river ... dunno

Also some boards are wet and you can't potcontrol ... but what you do is, that you sometimes then check your marginal hand behind on river once the need for protection is gone. Also in spots where you mostly are against a whiffed draw and that is the only thing you beat, let him bluff at you, instead of betting, which folds out the whiffed draw and allows strong hand to raise you.

Dunno ... just thoughts, but here is something there.

AND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

You cold call too much on the btn .. 3bet or fold some of that stuff [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-02-2007, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also some boards are wet and you can't potcontrol ... but what you do is, that you sometimes then check your marginal hand behind on river once the need for protection is gone. Also in spots where you mostly are against a whiffed draw and that is the only thing you beat, let him bluff at you, instead of betting, which folds out the whiffed draw and allows strong hand to raise you.

[/ QUOTE ]
If there is one strength for me in poker, it is situations like this. I induce more bluffs than phil hellmuth

[ QUOTE ]
You cold call too much on the btn .. 3bet or fold some of that stuff [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, will do, but then where do i get to call from?!?! that button gets so lonely
Old 09-02-2007, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im not sittng here stacking off with AK on an A Q 9 board

[/ QUOTE ]

Just noticed this .. and WTF ???????????????????

It all depends on villians, but stacking of with AK is perfectly legit.

If you potcontrol all our non 2pair+ set whatever hands, then you are on your way to the poor house, you win half stacks when ahead and lose full stack when behind,

As said by me recently in the brew, the biggest 2+2 induced leak is taking the small hand small pot big hand big pot advice to a too big degree.

Potcontrol is all very well, but if you have a villian that will stack of with Ax, then you are going broke always with AK hitting TPTK.

I pot control like crazy all the time, but that can be TJs hitting tpmehk or hell J5s hitting TPNK or middle pair.

BUT ... taking pride in not staking of with AK hitting an A without further reads at 25NL is not optimal [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-02-2007, 08:56 PM

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $133.50
BB: $53.60
UTG: $50.00
CO: $129.45
Hero (BTN): $133.10

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, SB calls $1.75, BB folds

Flop: ($4.50) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $2.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $10.50</font>, SB calls $8.50

Turn: ($25.50) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $25.50</font>, SB calls $25.50

River: ($76.50) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $36.00</font>, SB calls $36.00

Pot Size: $148.50 ($3 Rake)

SB had A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ([Ad Ah] a pair of Aces) and LOST (-$74.00)
Hero had Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (two pair, Kings and Queens) and WON (+$71.50)
Old 09-02-2007, 08:57 PM

blehhh, iv lost so many buy ins with that situation. I CERTAINLY didnt mean im not getting it all in on a 60/2 monkey, never was not used, it is possible dependant on the monkeyness/fishiness of my villian, but overall, id rather keep it fairly sizeable, LIKE PNL SAYS!!! SPR of 4 yo
Old 09-02-2007, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

lol, will do, but then where do i get to call from?!?! that button gets so lonely

[/ QUOTE ]

I overcall a lot, but I am not now and have never been a big fan of calling (I remember Tickner telling me: WTF ???? YOU NEVER CALL ! .. I think to recall him claiming it a leak, and maybe it is, but 6 months later I'm still not calling a lot ... tho I have moved AK(/AQ) from my threebetting range to run 50/50 between calling and 3betting depending on the player raising)
Old 09-02-2007, 09:00 PM

i think im just gonna quit for a while, i obvi suck
Closed Thread