Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2007, 05:32 AM

Default Re: A question for OOT regarding longtime posters

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think the reason BBV4L is always gaining popularity (besides the lax rules) is that it's generally a very lightheared positive place. If someone starts being too serious people just start posting "lol internets is srs bizniz" and people go back to having fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would rather OOT die a horrible, lonely death than ever see this happen here.

[/ QUOTE ]
What, have a light hearted atmospere? Sounds horrible doesn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

That pretty much goes against what OOT has stood for. I got no problems with BBV4L, but you must know that there is a BBV4L and OOT because they are different. When you try to turn one into the other, what's the use of having both?

[/ QUOTE ]
So you prefer a negative atmosphere to a positive one? It seems like having a positive, friendly atmoshere should be something every forum should strive for.

There's a lot of differences between OOT and BBV4L. This is just one of them. I see no reason why creating a friendy environment would turn OOT into BBV4L2.
Old 06-16-2007, 05:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So you prefer a negative atmosphere to a positive one? It seems like having a positive, friendly atmoshere should be something every forum should strive for.

There's a lot of differences between OOT and BBV4L. This is just one of them. I see no reason why creating a friendy environment would turn OOT into BBV4L2.

[/ QUOTE ]

My problem with what you speak of is you're trying to change a forum dynamic that has worked for years just because we have hit a slow point and because a different dynamic works for a different forum.
Old 06-16-2007, 05:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My problem with what you speak of is you're trying to change a forum dynamic that has worked for years just because we have hit a slow point and because a different dynamic works for a different forum.

[/ QUOTE ]
So you're saying OOT's negative environment is a "forum dynamic that has worked for years"?

Can you give any reasons for why a negative environment in any way, shape, or form is a good thing for any community?

edit: What do you think is better for OOT, a poster like tuq who consistantly contributes, is funny, and stays out of the negativity, or a poster that posts alright but is constantly bitching and moaning about bad OPs and demanding *'s?
Old 06-16-2007, 07:19 AM

Shake, no making politics posts in OOT.

(and by politics I don't mean political stuff, i mean starting some argument and hijacking my thread)
Old 06-16-2007, 09:11 AM

I posted here and at NVG. NT came over there to tell me I was about to be banned here. Scared me off. I don't know what I did wrong. I have read the sticky. Is it against the rules to use humor here?
Old 06-16-2007, 12:04 PM

Shakezula,

It wouldn't be a good thing if OOT is actually negative, but it would disgust me to see "LOLDONKAMENT" jokes back in OOT. Not to say I really think it should be against the rules though, I'm conflicted on that.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:12 PM

Shake:

BBV4L is lighthearted, but it is by no means positive - the great part about it is that trolling is encouraged, and within every awful OP is the possibility for greatness.

OOT's strength was this: a bunch of intelligent people with diverse interests discussing all sorts of random items. Unfortunately, most of that ground has been covered before and the posters haven't changed that much.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
BBV4l hasn't been around that long and a lot of the stuff that goes on in there used to be mainstream OOT. I see no problem with allowing a little more of that stuff, but many seem against it. *shrug*
Old 06-16-2007, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
phresh- 0

[/ QUOTE ]

I've made a few threads that had more than 100 replies. I remember my Knife Vs. Bat thread being pretty active, as well as my "My Landlord Is Screwing Me" post. My fued with TSC was funny too, IMO.

Starting threads is overrated anyway.
Old 06-16-2007, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shakezula,

It wouldn't be a good thing if OOT is actually negative, but it would disgust me to see "LOLDONKAMENT" jokes back in OOT. Not to say I really think it should be against the rules though, I'm conflicted on that.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with this sentiment, and I think there are other ways to create a positive environment then obnoxious, over used phrases.