Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 04:57 PM

Default Re: Built and lost bankroll

If you are good enough at poker, you should probably pick up on it after like 5 minutes anyway. I never fold.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just like posting funny hand histories. I don't like handing the way I play over to people.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're worse than everbody else here. Don't worry, we won't steal your secrets...because you're wrong.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:17 PM

how the [censored] does this have so many replies...
Old 10-23-2007, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

4 buyin downswings get a lot of attention.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

entertainment while at work
Old 10-23-2007, 05:31 PM

Hello motifesta,

Thank you for your post.

We are not able to fulfill your request.

It seems to us that you have some problems with gaming. We would like to point out Pokerstars Self Exclusion policy. You can see full details of this at:

http://www.pokerstars.com/about/responsible-gaming/

Briefly, there is an option in their software for you to prevent yourself from playing on PokerStars for various periods of time. To do this, go to the main lobby of the PokerStars software, select "Requests" > "Responsible Gaming" > "Exclude me from playing."

Please note that all self-exclusions are irreversible for the duration of the specified time. You can block yourself for 24hrs, 7 days, 30 days, 60 days, 120 days, or 180 days.

Of course, if you feel that you would like your PokerStars account to be closed permanently, they will respect your request. Please let them know.

Regards.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:35 PM

wow i cant believe i read this entire thread....

really thought it was going to end in a sick level

please keep buying in for 200 and dumping that into the poker community...then buying in for another 200...i remember when i use to do this on partypoker back in 2003 and couldnt understand why i was constantly having to use the credit card to redeposit but eventually one of my friends pointed me to some basic bank roll management articles and i realized that you should never play with less than 25 buy ins in the account if your are going to play. Please continue to donk deposit 200 dollars per week but eventually wait a few months (like every winning player most likely did) deposit 1k and grind out nl 25 until you hit 2500 then grind out nl50...move up from there
Old 10-23-2007, 07:13 PM

[censored] hell people! LLLL OOOOOH LLLL! Okay I might have just come back from an evening out with the lads and a few jars, but I'm laughing my ass off with this thread....still!

May it never die! OP - you are an absolute legend!
Old 10-23-2007, 07:32 PM

I thought this was a gimmick account until I read the other thread OP posted. No one puts THAT much effort into a leveling post.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:56 AM

OP,

NLHE Poker is a complex game of incomplete information. Winning players are defined as those who win over a statistically significant number of hands. You get dealt AA every 221 hands, statistically, and you need a minimum of 1000 events to even approach statistical validity here, so after 221,000 hands you will find out whether you are a winning player or not.

Winning players have an edge which shows itself over a large sample size: it's like tossing an unfair coin which comes down heads 52% tails 48%. Over a hundred tosses, you may not win even with the edge, probability is like that.

Because the edge in poker is so small, even for the greatest players in the world (many of whom post here on 2+2), there are inevitably long periods of losing. The discipline and mental approach of players to these periods of losing differentiates losers from winners. Winners accept variance for what it is and continue to play their correct game where they have an edge. Losers change the way they play, change the stakes they play at, and the edge disappears. In cash games at 200NL, 6PTBB/100 would be a good win rate. That is 24 bucks every hundred hands. If in one hand in a hundred, you make a bad river call for $48, you have put yourself in a hole, and turned yourself from a +6PTBB/100 winning player to a LOSER. The edge is small, and understanding risk of ruin is an essential part of this.

I think the people who suggest you play 25NL are wrong. There is fierce competition and a horde of regulars at that level waiting to take your money. If you can beat 1c/2c over 20k hands, move up to 2c/5c, then 10c/25c. But why oh why play at a high level when you haven't gained the confidence of beating a lower level?

Enough: keep playing; come to Party; we want your money.