Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2007, 06:00 AM

Default Re: Fashion - Going Out (Without Coming Out!)

It is very simple. Fly out to Vegas, head to Fashion Show mall and goto Saks 5th. Find my girlfriend Channing, she will take care of you, plus she is super hot and might even hook you up with one of her hot little friends.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It is very simple. Fly out to Vegas, head to Fashion Show mall and goto Saks 5th. Find my girlfriend Channing, she will take care of you, plus she is super hot and <font color="red">will definitely have sex with you if you're not a huge tool like me</font>.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Yugoslav
Old 02-07-2007, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I went with black dress shirt, black dress pants : red t-shirt which I thought looked pretty good as did others.

I could see blue:gray combinations as well as brown : greens looking good as well

[/ QUOTE ]

brown looks great with just about any color, but I do the brown:green a lot, mostly because of my green eyes.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mebenhoe,

Do not buy jeans online. Make a drive to your nearest fine department store (do it on a lazy saturday if distance is pretty far), try on a bunch of jeans, get them tailored and spend a bunch of money and be done w/ jeans for a while.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll second this. Getting your jeans tailored makes a world of difference in how they look on you, which I'm judging based on comments from girls and not my own eye. Also, if you're buying designer jeans and don't have long'ish legs, you might need to get them taken up just a smidge, as someone already mentioned.

If you've never bought designer jeans before, you might be a bit off-put at the prices the first time around, but you really should get them anyway. You'll be happy you did. You will look way, way better; they will last way, way longer; and depending on where you buy them, you will get a replacement pair or store credit if anything ever goes 2wrong with them. I'm really big on getting most of my jeans from Nordstrom for this reason. They take back anything for any reason. It's well worth the extra dough you're dropping.

Examples:

A pair of Seven's once got a little worn spot in them right above the knee after their 3rd or 4th wash. After the next wash, the rub had turned into a very small hole, and by the wash after that it was a full-fledge hole. This was about 7 months after I had purchased them. I took them in and started to tell them about it, but the salesperson stopped me as soon as she saw the hole in them and told me to go pick out any new pair of Seven's they had. I had an almost exact experience with a pair of shoes I bought there where I had scuffed the toes to [censored] and came in to buy a replacement pair. The salesperson asked me where I got my previous pair and when I told him he insisted on me not paying for the replacement pair, despite me buying the originals ~9 months prior.

Even more impressive to me was a time I was driving down from San Jose to LA for the weekend for a special occasion. I needed an outfit to wear, so I stopped in at the San Jose Nordstrom and picked up a new pair of jeans and a shirt. When it came time for me to get dressed to leave for the event down in LA, I realized that when I got checked out at Nordstrom, they had left the ink thingie on. I called them and asked what my options were and if there was any way for me to get this off myself. The salesperson I talked to on the phone told me that unless I could find a super strong magnet, I was screwed and would either have to cut around it or wear it as is. I didn't particularly like either of those options, but since I had no other options and needed to get going I figured I'd just wear it with it on and hope it wasn't too uncomfortable. He then mentioned that if I planned on stopping and picking up a new pair of jeans from somewhere else that he'd put a note in the computer with my name on it and that I'd be reimbursed if I brought in the receipt. So they basically offered me a free pair of designer jeans for my inconvenience from any non-Nordstrom store. I was impressed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also agree that high-end denim is a good idea (though I'm pretty sure "designer jeans" specifically refers to Dolce, Dior, etc, rather than "premium" which refers to other brands such as TR, R&amp;R, etc.) However, I would definitely stay away from sevens or TR. My sevens have pretty horrible quality and fit compared to the multiple styles of diesels I've tried. Also, I hardly wear my TRs anymore since they are way too trendy and their quality isn't as good as other companies. R&amp;R is okay, but nothing special.

If you are going to invest in good jeans, I would highly recommend diesel or earnest sewn if you don't want to spend over $250.

And if you don't want to spend $100+ on jeans, levis are the way to go. 501s will never be out of style. I think my $50 levis look and fit better than any pair of sevens ive tried, and the quality is definitely superior. The levis premium line is excellent as well.