Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2006, 06:07 PM

Default Re: The Well: El Diablo

I remember railing the 25/50 NL games a while back and seeing you buy in for half the buy-in. What were your reasons for doing this?
Old 08-17-2006, 06:11 PM

Thanks for all your time.

Do you seek out the best players to keep the game interesting? Any plans to play in the Big Game or close?

I find that I get very bored, very quickly unless I'm playing much better players, which gets expensive. Have you found any other games which interest you but are less costly to keep interesting?

Are you concerned that a real or perceived real estate crash will jack the cost of money?

fyi: many foodies in LA now consider Providence to be the best seafood, if not the best restaurant in LA. Michael Ciramusti is a genius.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I remember railing the 25/50 NL games a while back and seeing you buy in for half the buy-in. What were your reasons for doing this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Busto obviously.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:17 PM

where in london did u grow up?
Old 08-17-2006, 06:17 PM

MDMA:

"How do you rate the best 10/20 players on party (i.e dragons et al) compared to the better 10/25/25/50 UB-players?"

Some are the same, of course. I've played very minimal and sweated very minimal amounts w/ a lot of the more well-known ones like Bld, lolo, samo, etc. Based on my limited knowledge, I think they are a notch below the UB 25/50 and 50/100 top players, but this is very hard to accurately evaluate without real gametime experience. Overall, though, guys I know and talk to who have a ton of experience in both games make me think that is correct, though.

"How do you feel, lets say, the 5-8 best players/posters in the league of 5/10 and 10/20-players (in your opinion) on HSNL would fare against the better 50/100 (and upwards)-players that is not posting here, like mahatma, pkrbt/tiltmenot (bengt sonnert), bad_ip, green plastic and Thuritz?"

I think they would get destroyed right now, but given bankroll, experience at those limits, and practice, I think they could all be at that level. However, they do not have experience with the stakes and aggression of those levels as well as being out of their comfort level. I don't think it's an issue of improving any specific thing, it's just about getting in those games and getting real gametime experience against those players. I never could have learned to play reasonably well against Mahatma until I spent many hours playing in the same games as him.

"How do you think you would fare yourself, in your current state, against player of this caliber, would you need some more playing time to give them a run for the money or would you play adequately well right of the bat?"

I don't have enough gamble in me to play well against those guys. If I had an extra 10M right now and decided to devote 5M of it to poker, I think I would match up fine with those guys. I probably need about 10x the bankroll that many of these kids do to play w/ the same level of gamb0000l.

"do you feel your long break has affected your skills in a big way, or do you feel that you would be playing at nearly the exact same level as before?"

Every time I take a break, and I've taken many extended breaks from poker, I'm pretty much back at A-game within a handful of sessions.

"Do you feel one has to have had a great deal of personal experience playing poker to be good, or ar there individuals that can understand things very fast and get very, very good just by logic and a great talent for the game"

I think you can get to a very high level by being smart, but I don't think you can be a top player without putting in a lot of hours becasue so much of the game is feel and game/player dependent. That is why a lot of authors suck in terms of their specific hand advice and would get torn up in many games.

J:

"What % of the companies you start become sustainable?"

Of all the companies I get involved in, I'd say over 75% have some positive outcome, either a sustainable business or some sort of positive exit.

J:

"When you reply to messages, why do you most of the time not reply to the message you are replying to make the message thread tree consistent?"

I use quick reply and only morons read in threaded view.

mike:

"diablo, on my latest visit to vegas i fell in love with a latina stripper. can you teach me some spanish phrases that will turn her on so i can bang her on my next trip out there?"

Just speak in the international language of stripper love, straight cash homey!

Lurk:

"What is your opinion of marijuana and long-term usage of it?"

Don't feel strongly in any way about it.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:24 PM

Greetings mysterious masked man - many thanks for your well appearance..

[ QUOTE ]

Color blind, baby, color blind.

[/ QUOTE ]

is that perchance a reference to the song "Colour Blind" by Skin (?) (whom I recommend you look up if it's not, going on some of your other postd musical preferences)

Whilst lurking some time ago in HSNL I recall you posting that you have an excellent memory and are able to recall most hands you've played very accurately.

Are you simply gifted in this regard or is your memory recall something that you need to work on in order to maintain?

I read elsewhere that everyone already has a photographic memory and all that is required to use it is to train yourself correctly - are there any particular memory techniques that you are aware of that you would recommend?

In an age where people are obsessed with celebrity, it's refreshing to meet (if only virtually) people who prefer to keep themselves relatively anonymous. Have you ever come close to "accidentally" revealing your real identity, on 2p2 or has your cover some other way almost been blown without your knowledge/consent ?
Old 08-17-2006, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

"3) Do you have any good examples of putting people on an exact hand that you can share, maybe from memory, maybe from a PM? Preferably, ones where you were helping someone and they had an "AHA" moment."

Bruiser and daryn are two guys who I have sweated and in real-time helped them do that. Maybe they have some stories. There are many HSNL threads where I put people on exact hands and explain why.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can one of you who lurks in HSNL a lot send some links my way? I'm not having such great luck with searching for this one.

edit: I also PMd bruiser and daryn, so maybe they'll respond as well.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:29 PM

El D,

Do you enjoy being 'in the well'?

Do you think these 'well' threads are super great?
Old 08-17-2006, 06:37 PM

Does quick reply cause the message to be placed in a random position in the thread tree if you quick reply to the corresponding message?
Old 08-17-2006, 06:38 PM

J:

"Threaded is the optimal mode for that purpose."

Threaded is never optimal for anyone smart.

d:

"I remember railing the 25/50 NL games a while back and seeing you buy in for half the buy-in. What were your reasons for doing this?"

When I first started playing those games, there were a lot of guys who would give insane action to half stacks but play more cautiously against full stacks. This made buying shorter insanely profitable, plus it was convenient for me as I got used to the stakes. However, soon after I started playing, the games started to get insanely aggro w/ people stacking left and right for 100bb w/ draws and one pair, so I played full stack from then on.

glen:

"Do you seek out the best players to keep the game interesting?"

I often play in games that are not the best available because I find them more fun or interesting.

"Any plans to play in the Big Game or close?"

If I had the money I'd want to personally feel comfortable playing in the Big Game, I doubt I'd be spending much time sitting at a poker table. I would, however, play in super deep NL games.

"I find that I get very bored, very quickly unless I'm playing much better players, which gets expensive. Have you found any other games which interest you but are less costly to keep interesting?"

I'm not much on games.

"Are you concerned that a real or perceived real estate crash will jack the cost of money?"

I probably don't worry about macro things like that as much as I should, I just sorta ignore stuff like that and go about my business.

db:

"where in london did u grow up?"

Norbury (SW16)