Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2007, 06:40 AM

Default Re: Why Is AC/Libertarianism So Bothersome?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
AC is bothersome because people fear the unknown and become confortable with routine.

[/ QUOTE ]

The state has been caught serving up some fearful unknowns and uncomfortable breaks from routine as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
Think of the state as our Mother (providing comfort, shelter and food) and Father (providing rules, protection and punishment). We humans long to have our archetypes confirmed in our everyday lives.

Mickey Brausch

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good observation.

However, some people are still psychologically dependent on their families. Even when they're an adult, they are still very much dependent on what their family thinks of them. And when their family treats them badly (or have treated them horrendous in the past), they do NOT stop seeing them.

Test: how do you feel when your parents phone you and you see their name on your phone? And compare that to how you feel when a good friend phones you?

So unless people can start judging their parents on a basis of personal hapiness and freedom, they can never get rid of government.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Think of the state as our Mother (providing comfort, shelter and food) and Father (providing rules, protection and punishment). We humans long to have our archetypes confirmed in our everyday lives.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people are still psychologically dependent on their families. Even when they're an adult, they are still very much dependent on what their family thinks of them. And when their family treats them badly (or have treated them horrendous in the past), they do NOT stop seeing them.
<font color="white"> . </font>
Test: how do you feel when your parents phone you and you see their name on your phone? And compare that to how you feel when a good friend phones you?
So unless people can start judging their parents on a basis of personal hapiness and freedom, they can never get rid of government.

[/ QUOTE ]I do not ascribe to the notion of some psychologists that, by definition, we need to "overcome" and "abandon" our parental family behind. For me, the way forward for Man is to recognize our condition and come to terms with it.

Those parents are humans, like us -- are us actually. The traumas, archetypal or not, are not to be dealt in a manner that essentially replays them in eternity. Therefore, I'd rephrase your last sentence as follows: Unless people can accept without going crazy their condition as creatures in this world and agree on a social course based on personal happiness and freedom, they cannot get rid of the type of "representational, democratic" government which usurps and abuses political power - in their name.

Mickey Brausch

PS : This is a hijack to a hijack already in progress! The pilot must be getting dizzy..
Old 03-05-2007, 09:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people are still psychologically dependent on their families. Even when they're an adult, they are still very much dependent on what their family thinks of them. And when their family treats them badly (or have treated them horrendous in the past), they do NOT stop seeing them.

[/ QUOTE ]I do not ascribe to the notion of some psychologists that, by definition, we need to "overcome" and "abandon" our parental family behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say that. I said to judge.

[ QUOTE ]
For me, the way forward for Man is to recognize our condition and come to terms with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

And if the conclusion of the judgment is that the relationship is not healthy, not mutually beneficial, but predacious, then one should act on that.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1) What brakes? The tendency to slowing down response time and avoiding extreme decisions.

[/ QUOTE ]
Response time to what? What type of extreme decisions? What brakes specifically?
[ QUOTE ]
The government is in the pocket of Haliburton and others, imo, mostly those who have increased their wealth since the start of the war, not those who died for it, by the way.

[/ QUOTE ]
yes, we all know. Tell me though, if the government, for one reason or another decided not to invade Iraq, is it a realistic business plan for Haliburton just to invade Iraq and reap the benefits? Why or why not?
Old 03-05-2007, 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
AC is bothersome because people fear the unknown and become confortable with routine.

[/ QUOTE ]

The state has been caught serving up some fearful unknowns and uncomfortable breaks from routine as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mickey Brausch

[/ QUOTE ]

That's awesome. I think if you want a permanent father figure, you should be able to get that. I'm sure even in a free market you will be able to find someone to tell you what to do and when to do it for a small fee. Now, why do your personal neuroses require other people to be subjected to the same psychological torture you require? Even if we can agree that *everyone* needs some psychological torture, you need to demonstrate why they shouldn't be free to pick their own.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1) What brakes? The tendency to slowing down response time and avoiding extreme decisions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, you mean like the "rush to war" I kept hearing about after 9/11. Yeah. Nice brakes.

[ QUOTE ]
2) The government is in the pocket of Haliburton and others, imo, mostly those who have increased their wealth since the start of the war, not those who died for it, by the way.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly what shake and I have been saying. Statism FTW!
Old 03-05-2007, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]Actually, it's not. That's the whole point.

[ QUOTE ]
I think if you want a permanent father figure, you should be able to get that. Now, why do your personal neuroses require other people to be subjected to the same psychological torture you require? Even if we can agree that *everyone* needs some psychological torture, you need to demonstrate why they shouldn't be free to pick their own.

[/ QUOTE ]You completely missed it, again. The point was the human condition itself - and the primal, underlying neurosis.

I never suggested that state government (or any form of government, from AC perfection to representational democracy) should be a substitute of the primal family, or act as a soothing remedy to the human condition. I humbly point out the need to address that condition head on.

You're fighting against an imaginary enemy here, of your own making. There's a name for this.

Mickey Brausch
Old 03-05-2007, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That's awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]Actually, it's not. That's the whole point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Finally, you agree with me, then. The people acting in the name of the state are a bunch of overlording busybodie, who want to get into your business because you're too dumb or too immature or too what have you to handle your own affairs. And many people agree, they want someone else to take responsibility for them.

[ QUOTE ]
You completely missed it, again. The point was the human condition itself - and the primal, underlying neurosis.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I get it, loud and clear.

[ QUOTE ]
I never suggested that state government (or any form of government, from AC perfection to representational democracy) should be a substitute of the primal family, or act as a soothing remedy to the human condition. I humbly point out the need to address that condition head on.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, address it, then. I mean, something more than just compelling other people to subsidize your mental defect.

You're fighting against an imaginary enemy here, of your own making. There's a name for this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I'm not, because *I* don't desire any parental figure to lord over me and tell me to wash behind my ears and to wipe my ass for me. But if other people need that, I'm totally fine with it.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You completely missed it, again. The point was the human condition itself - and the primal, underlying neurosis.

[/ QUOTE ]

In my view the best way to deal with neuroses, is to recognize them and strive to eliminate or reduce them internally.

The remedy for a neurosis is not to strive to bring the outside world into conformation with the neurosis, but rather to look inward and attack the root of the problem. Since neuroses are inherently insatiable, only the latter course of action holds any promise or potential of real success. All attempts to bring the outside world into conformation with a neurosis are doomed to failure (and will probably create other problems as well).
Old 03-05-2007, 04:52 PM

Default Not mine either

[ QUOTE ]
[Do] something more than just compelling other people to subsidize your mental defect.

[/ QUOTE ]It's not a mental thing. You wouldn't understand.

Mickey Brausch