FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2007, 01:53 AM

Default Re: this is your war on drugs

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Today we have the head of the DEA, local prosecutors, and politicians with more discretion over your medical prescriptions than your doctor. If you don't realize that the DEA is hounding pain practitioners then you're not paying attention.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am certainly aware that an audit by the DEA of pharmacists or doctors is a huge incentive to prescribe less controlled substances... but at the same time, I have my own personal beliefs about why society shouldn't have narcotics aplenty. So, I believe there should be some regulation of potent, addictive drugs.

But this is a side note to my prescription argument, and obviously I will have to agree to disagree with people who have different basic assumptions on what degree of drug availability society should have.

[/ QUOTE ]

and exactly why should your personal opinions be forced on others?

[/ QUOTE ]
They shouldn't? Did you even read the second paragraph? The one where I explicitly state that I understand others may fundamentally disagree and I'm ok with that?

[/ QUOTE ]

But you still support prohibiting people from deciding what substances they will put into their body? Am I misunderstanding your argument?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think in general more drugs should be made freely available (for purchase), but if you think that selling opiates next to the Tylenols at drugstores is a good thing, then that is your prerogative. I'm just stating my beliefs and what I'd like the world to be. You're free to do the same [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2007, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW fmxda you are arguing with those who don't accept externatality arguments in public vaccination. I'm not sure there is progress to be made.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll let the people who I'm arguing with tell me what they think themselves, thanks
Old 11-27-2007, 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I think in general more drugs should be made freely available (for purchase), but if you think that selling opiates next to the Tylenols at drugstores is a good thing, then that is your prerogative. I'm just stating my beliefs and what I'd like the world to be. You're free to do the same [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Painkillers should be placed in the wine section.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Drug use will increase slightly, crime will stay the same, the prison population will decrease for a while, then go back to the same levels.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, no and no. Not only do you not have anything to back up this assertion, but all the evidence that IS out there completely refutes this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I would cite my sources, but they all come from the DOJ, so everyone would just claim government manipulation.

I'm done.

PS: DOJ stands for Department of Justice, which would be the people who run the prisons.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mandatory prescriptions exist because the average citizen does not have the medical training to properly dose, avoid interactions and know contraindications.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is why most people wouldn't do it without a prescription anyway! Sorry, your argument doesn't hold much water.

[/ QUOTE ]
So you would let those who are ignorant or reckless endanger themselves or their children? Bear with me, I think you would agree that in a vacuum this is a negative consequence that could be easily avoided.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please feel free to explain to me why this doesn't happen with over-the-counter drugs, or random stuff for that matter. Why don't more parents feed their children detergent?
Old 11-27-2007, 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mandatory prescriptions exist because the average citizen does not have the medical training to properly dose, avoid interactions and know contraindications.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is why most people wouldn't do it without a prescription anyway! Sorry, your argument doesn't hold much water.

[/ QUOTE ]
So you would let those who are ignorant or reckless endanger themselves or their children? Bear with me, I think you would agree that in a vacuum this is a negative consequence that could be easily avoided.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please feel free to explain to me why this doesn't happen with over-the-counter drugs, or random stuff for that matter. Why don't more parents feed their children detergent?

[/ QUOTE ]
If you have a cogent point in there somewhere please state it.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:02 AM

This war on drugs is a joke...the US military buzzes the border looking for weed here in BC...ooooo the big bad weed..noooooo...someone may eat to many dunkin donuts or do nothing cause they are ripped....STOP THEM NOW!!!
Old 11-27-2007, 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This war on drugs is a joke...the US military buzzes the border looking for weed here in BC...ooooo the big bad weed..noooooo...someone may eat to many dunkin donuts or do nothing cause they are ripped....STOP THEM NOW!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for that enlightening post. I for one have changed my mind on the topic. Free meth for all!!!

Read below:
<font color="white"> To the rest of the forum, don't be a retard, I know damned well the difference between meth and weed, but c'mon, even you ACist's fighting with me have to admit this post is horrible.

End transmission </font>
Old 11-27-2007, 06:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If you have a cogent point in there somewhere please state it.

[/ QUOTE ]

People in general aren't so dumb that they're going to kill their kids just because heroin is legal.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Today we have the head of the DEA, local prosecutors, and politicians with more discretion over your medical prescriptions than your doctor. If you don't realize that the DEA is hounding pain practitioners then you're not paying attention.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am certainly aware that an audit by the DEA of pharmacists or doctors is a huge incentive to prescribe less controlled substances... but at the same time, I have my own personal beliefs about why society shouldn't have narcotics aplenty. So, I believe there should be some regulation of potent, addictive drugs.

But this is a side note to my prescription argument, and obviously I will have to agree to disagree with people who have different basic assumptions on what degree of drug availability society should have.

[/ QUOTE ]

and exactly why should your personal opinions be forced on others?

[/ QUOTE ]
They shouldn't? Did you even read the second paragraph? The one where I explicitly state that I understand others may fundamentally disagree and I'm ok with that?

[/ QUOTE ]

But you still support prohibiting people from deciding what substances they will put into their body? Am I misunderstanding your argument?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you support freedom to *think* whatever, just not to *do* whatever?

Wow, that's magnanimous of you.