Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2007, 01:29 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.
Default Re: when you get harassed by a mod

[ QUOTE ]

Take two people, black and white, who come from the same socio-economic background, same educational opportunities, etc. Do you think the white person is, on average, going to be more intelligent than the black person?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think this is what has been insinuated the whole way through. people keep thinking that degen is saying that black people are less smart, this is totally not the case. he is saying that on average they are less smart, for almost completely sociological reasons. so no, same sociological background, same intelligence imo. just a white sociological background is on average different than a black sociological background.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Take two people, black and white, who come from the same socio-economic background, same educational opportunities, etc. Do you think the white person is, on average, going to be more intelligent than the black person?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just if anyone is interested, this looks like a decent link. People used to study this topic, Ulric Neisser made it the subject of a couple of lectures in his course. He used to amuse himself by asking students for explanations and then knocking down whatever was said.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_intelligence

It's a good exercise in the scientific method, because while it's intuitively obvious that "true" IQ would be equal if you strip out the environmental factors, you would need a really good experimental design to prove that.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:59 AM

We went for tacos and margaritas tonight.
Tacos were okay.
The margaritas might have been the strongest I've ever had.
Took one sip and I thought, "Holy crap...they just poured a gallon of tequila and then sprinkled a little green-slushy stuff in there."

I didn't even finish 1 of the jumbo-size and it totally kicked my ass and I came home and passed out.

Before passing out I played a few tables and won about 70BB's.
This is after a lousy weekend dropping a ton.
Bob plays better when he's hammered on maxi-strangth margarita.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i currently have a moderator who is stalking me and harassing me accross multiple forums. i have PM'd him and asked him to stop this, i know he doesn't like me etc, he's stated his piece, and he told me he is not going to stop.

what can i do?

[/ QUOTE ]

get banned.