Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2007, 01:59 PM

Default Re: Top Five Players by position in the NBA

[ QUOTE ]
[ I doubt SA would have many qualms with trading Parker for B-Diddy other than age and injury prone-ness.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you on drugs? How about efficiency? How about consistency? And not to mention the contract difference...
Old 05-15-2007, 02:07 PM

It's pretty easy to be good when you look at the team around him. As Bill Simmons said, TD is great, probally the best player in the post Jordan era, but he's never had a top 15 player, or even top 30 player as a teammate even with DR on the team. Yeah TP is a good player, I just don't think he's that great. He's more of a 2 guard.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:08 PM

Kidd isn't that efficient but he's one hell of a PG.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol @ davis being better than parker, buy into the hype much? its debatable whether hes even been better than deron in the series. check the numbers and win column. guy wins 1 playoff series and now hes like the best pg in the league? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Davis plays better D than Parker too.

[/ QUOTE ]
what? you act like baron davis is some kind of elite defender. both are ok on D, not liabilities, i have no idea what youre talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if were trying to decide who is the better player, we look at T-Mac who has 0 series wins and 6 series losses in his playoff career, he is now the crappy player? Didn't think so. The last 2 series, B-Diddy has played like a top tier PG. I think talentwise B-Diddy is a top tier talent, he just is too injury prone, too stupid shooting most of the time.

I personally think B-Diddy is better than Parker. Parker is a good to the basket player. He really isn't anything special passing. He can't defend well, but he does penetrate well. B-Diddy definitely is a better passer. In the playoffs this year, he's gotten very lucky with his shooting which has for the most part been the weakest part of his game. He's also injury prone but I doubt SA would have many qualms with trading Parker for B-Diddy other than age and injury prone-ness.

[/ QUOTE ]

capone0 youre better than this man. I never said Davis is crappy, I just find it hilarious that now all of a sudden everyone thinks he is like worlds greatest PG after playing great for 9 games. He's a career 16p/4r/7a/2s (32% from 3 too) guy whos had injury problems, hes been great in the playoffs this year, no doubt, but dont put the crown on his head yet. He's made 2 AS teams in his 8 yr career. No Parkers stats aren't great either, but he's younger w/ no injury problems and doesn't chuck up wild jumpers.

Also with regards to Tmac, if you have one pick and could take Tmac or BD who is it? There really should be no debate about this.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol @ davis being better than parker, buy into the hype much? its debatable whether hes even been better than deron in the series. check the numbers and win column. guy wins 1 playoff series and now hes like the best pg in the league? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Davis plays better D than Parker too.

[/ QUOTE ]
what? you act like baron davis is some kind of elite defender. both are ok on D, not liabilities, i have no idea what youre talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if were trying to decide who is the better player, we look at T-Mac who has 0 series wins and 6 series losses in his playoff career, he is now the crappy player? Didn't think so. The last 2 series, B-Diddy has played like a top tier PG. I think talentwise B-Diddy is a top tier talent, he just is too injury prone, too stupid shooting most of the time.

I personally think B-Diddy is better than Parker. Parker is a good to the basket player. He really isn't anything special passing. He can't defend well, but he does penetrate well. B-Diddy definitely is a better passer. In the playoffs this year, he's gotten very lucky with his shooting which has for the most part been the weakest part of his game. He's also injury prone but I doubt SA would have many qualms with trading Parker for B-Diddy other than age and injury prone-ness.

[/ QUOTE ]

capone0 youre better than this man. I never said Davis is crappy, I just find it hilarious that now all of a sudden everyone thinks he is like worlds greatest PG after playing great for 9 games. He's a career 16p/4r/7a/2s (32% from 3 too) guy whos had injury problems, hes been great in the playoffs this year, no doubt, but dont put the crown on his head yet. He's made 2 AS teams in his 8 yr career. No Parkers stats aren't great either, but he's younger w/ no injury problems and doesn't chuck up wild jumpers.

Also with regards to Tmac, if you have one pick and could take Tmac or BD who is it? There really should be no debate about this.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I wanted a player who could win a playoff series, especially against the Mavericks, I know what my pick would be as well. Against most teams I'd definitely pick T-Mac. I never said B-Diddy was the best all time, I said he's playing rediculous now. If he played like this all the time, he'd be at worst a top 3 PG in the league, I know he hasn't done it throughout his career. He's also a headcase, no Ron Artest, but no Tim Duncan either.

TP is overrated. Yeah he can run up and down against the Suns, who can't. I don't really appreciate anyone really on the Spurs e/c TD. I think he has a Shaq like effect on his teammates making them much better than they really are.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
rofl @ VC not being a top 5 SF. Why in the world must people consider to overrate small sample sizes just because it's the playoffs?

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at his career playoff numbers. He's still getting his points, he even rebounds a a bit better, but his shooting is atrocious. Other than last year's playoffs and the 2001 playoffs, he's <40% shooter.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I wanted a player who could win a playoff series, especially against the Mavericks, I know what my pick would be as well. Against most teams I'd definitely pick T-Mac. I never said B-Diddy was the best all time, I said he's playing rediculous now. If he played like this all the time, he'd be at worst a top 3 PG in the league, I know he hasn't done it throughout his career. He's also a headcase, no Ron Artest, but no Tim Duncan either.

[/ QUOTE ]

The warriors matchup well with the mavs and play them tough for some reason, but they have gotten so gased up around here lately its ridiculous. They are a decent NBA team, I wouldnt even call them good. Theyre simply not, they are an 8 seed who got a really favorable matchup in the first round. And now theyre likely gonna lose in 5 to the jazz. Obviously, if Davis played like this all the time he'd be the one of the best pgs in the league, but he doesnt, so im not gonna praise him like he does.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

They are a decent NBA team, I wouldnt even call them good. Theyre simply not, they are an 8 seed who got a really favorable matchup in the first round. And now theyre likely gonna lose in 5 to the jazz. Obviously, if Davis played like this all the time he'd be the one of the best pgs in the league, but he doesnt, so im not gonna praise him like he does.

[/ QUOTE ]

So going 16-5 in the last 21 games is not even good? I'm not claiming that the Warriors are the best team in the league but this is a joke. When healthy they are a good team that would be top 5 in the west and top 3 in the east. I love how everyone was calling a Dallas sweep and then after they lose they call it a favorable matchup.

If I had to pick a pg for one game the order would be Nash, Kidd, Baron. He never puts up big numbers because he's always injured or recovering from an injury. Would I pick him top for a whole season? Hell no. But if I wanted to win a game he's up there with the best point guards in the league.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Look at his career playoff numbers. He's still getting his points, he even rebounds a a bit better, but his shooting is atrocious. Other than last year's playoffs and the 2001 playoffs, he's <40% shooter.

[/ QUOTE ]
Kobe is shooting 43.7% in the playoffs, down from his career averages.

Maybe because the playoffs are HARDER?

Again, you don't become a top 5 player at a position or LOSE your handle as a top 5 player at a position because of the playoffs. Dirk is just as good whether he was perfect in the playoffs or never made a shot. Horrible logic.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:56 PM

Last year Dirk was incredible in the Playoffs. I didn't say jack about Dirk.

Kobe's down ~1% on his playoff shooting. He's played a large number of games, as well. 131 career playoff games, often going deep in the playoffs (stiffer competition).

Vince is a career 44.7% shooter. His playoff career average is 41.8%. Not awful, but a fairly decent drop off. Now, he's only played 40 games, so maybe it's a sample size thing. But then again, maybe they wouldn't be down 3-1 to CLE if he could produce a little more efficiently. In the win he was 8-19 (42%). In the losses, he's a combined 23-72 (32%).

I really think Vince should be a top 5 guy, hell.. he should be a top 10 player in the league, period. He's absurdly athletic, very talented, and one of the best finishers in the league, if not the best. But he avoids contact and takes way too many 18-20 foot jumpers.

He'll get another big paycheck next year and get ousted in the playoffs in the first or second round for the rest of his career.

edit: I messed up Vince's career %. Fixed it. Ruins my point a little. Oh well.