Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2007, 07:58 AM

Default Re: Cake Poker Slanders Me, Threatens Me, and Takes Initial Deposit

[ QUOTE ]
Strangers sending me insulting, unsolicted PMs can expect the possibility of being quoted here. If they are knowingly posting misinformation to fellow 2+2ers I'll quote them every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, I never insulted you in that PM but I'm going to now.

Either you work for Cake Poker or you're one of the biggest idiots I've ever encountered.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Reef is banned by self-request for 22 days so you might as well lock this thread

[/ QUOTE ]

???

weird.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gild story plz

[/ QUOTE ]

no real story, he pmed a few mods and asked them to bank him for 22 days, someone else got to him first.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Reef,

This is what happens when you mess with a company run by real people. Messing with Stars or Party is easy because they are just a big, ugly corporate machine. No feelings. Messing with Cake is like messing with the owner of your local bodega.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to agree with this, although I am surprised with the unprofessional nature of Cake Poker's response. Haven't finished reading the thread yet, so I'm reserving final judgment.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:04 AM

Reef, thanks for bringing this up. Cake acted poorly and unprofessionally, and people should know about this.

I have always prided myself in being as nice as possible when writing these types of emails, even in the worst of situations. Believe it or not it helps. Yes, I shouldn't have to, but I can tell you that in a lot of cases it is very worth it.

Calling and talking to someone helps a lot too. It helps because your tone can easily be identified. Some people read into things differently then others. They obviously misunderstood what you wrote in that email. I do not blame them for closing your account because I would have misunderstood your intentions as well.

Good looking out though. It is important that we see how these companies treat customers prior to depositing, and it definitely means a lot more from a long time poster then a first timer.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Strangers sending me insulting, unsolicted PMs can expect the possibility of being quoted here. If they are knowingly posting misinformation to fellow 2+2ers I'll quote them every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, I never insulted you in that PM...

[/ QUOTE ]

I took the title of your PM "to the thick headed..." as an insult although in your book this is probably the typical way you come across when self-righteously PMing strangers about your shilling.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:07 PM

I'm genuinely surprised at the number of folks who want to delve into Reef's behavior and attitudes, see all the emails, try to get Cake's side of the story, etc. for any reason other than curiousity.

Reef could've been moronically rude, intimately insulting, racially antagonistic, homophobically emphatic, global-warming-denialistic, physically threatening, and foaming-at-the-mouth incoherent. It really doesn't matter**. Cake's, or any other business's, response should generally be no more than "We do not want your business; your account is closed and your funds returned. Please do not attempt to re-establish an account and do not contact us again." The response from Cake, regardless of what happened before that response, is terrible. Could be just a frustrated CS agent (in which case I'd expect Cake to be able to apologize and disown the comments without compromising any customer account information) or could be a wider attitude among CS -- either way, I'll just happily proceed along without a further thought about doing business with Cake.

** If Cake or someone else actually had reason to believe that Reef was a physical danger to someone, or was engaged in committing a crime, contacting law enforcement would be appropriate.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm genuinely surprised at the number of folks who want to delve into Reef's behavior and attitudes, see all the emails, try to get Cake's side of the story, etc. for any reason other than curiousity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because (a) it might put things into perspective, and (b) reveal what is true and what isn't in this situation. We don't know what is hyperbole and what is just out and out lies. Is there ANY proof in this thread that he didn't just make the whole thing up? I'm not saying that is the case, but it just amazes me that someone can post a thread like this with no proof, and immediately have people jumping in saying "I'M NEVER DEPOSITING THERE AFTER THIS".

Of course in saying that - I'm disappointed that Cake haven't came out to give their side of things, or at the very least issue a public apology if they said the things that Reef accused them of, because regardless of what Reef said, there really is no excuse for a CS Rep to respond in that manner.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Could be just a frustrated CS agent (in which case I'd expect Cake to be able to apologize and disown the comments without compromising any customer account information)

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you know something we don't? Maybe the CEx of Cake has apologised to Reef? Maybe the CS-guy was fired? Maybe it was the first and only mistake their CS has ever made and they have learned from it and procedures for dealing with aggressive [censored] have been tightened so that it doesn't ever happen again?

The guys who are saying they will never play at Cake because of a few snippets of e-mails are quite likely ones that would never have played there in any case. If they haven't played there already after the very pleasant and informative input by the first rep, why would they?
Old 07-10-2007, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you know something we don't? Maybe the CEx of Cake has apologised to Reef? Maybe the CS-guy was fired? Maybe it was the first and only mistake their CS has ever made and they have learned from it and procedures for dealing with aggressive [censored] have been tightened so that it doesn't ever happen again?

[/ QUOTE ]

All very true - but this is a very negative thread on the biggest online poker forum - regardless of what they've did, you'd think it would just be good business sense to post here, even if just to do some damage control.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to get pissed at poor CS until I found out that it's everywhere. Poker, other online, the bank, the grocery store, everywhere. It's one retarded moron making $8 an hour, (less in the case of poker sites) who doesn't give a crap.

Yeah, they should have been more respectful but the OP was a total idiot in his dealings with them, from what he's posted. And I don't think it takes much to figure out the OP is only giving his nicest emails he sent to them. You can only imagine the other garbage sent in.

Compared to other things going on with bots, slowpaying, lieing about payments, etc I don't think it shows that bad on cake as your first reaction when you read the responses. As for closing his account. I have no problem with that as long as they refund him the money.