Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 01:36 PM

Default Re: Vick Pleads Guilty

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just heard Tony Kornheiser say that "Vick was on the verge of becoming THE BIGGEST THING IN THE GAME". I even replayed it again - that's what he said. TK is terrible at anything related to sports. Vick was an average QB at best - and was in a make or break year - with break a heavy favorite.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, he never said he was on the verge of being the best player or anything. He said the biggest thing in football, and if the Falcons made a nice little playoff run with him as their nimble QB, I don't think he's that far off. He was (and maybe to an extent still is) one of the league's most popular players. A human highlight reel when he scrambles. You have to give him that.

Also, LOL at people all of a sudden wanting Vick to be assraped in prison and hoping he gets beaten or killed. I don't support dogfighting for one minute, but there are plenty of equally scummy guys and more consistently criminal guys than Vick in the league. Leonard Little KILLED A WOMAN DRIVING WITH A BAC OF POINT ONE [censored] NINE! And this guy who took away the life of a mother/daughter/wife just got himself a nice little 3 year contract extension after doing NINETY [censored] DAYS IN JAIL.

The difference? Dogs are cute, and most of us can relate to how we'd feel if little Fido were involved. Thankfully, most of us don't know what its like to have someone we love killed by some retard driving drunk. Again, dogfighting is sick for sure, but where's the moral equivalence for some of you people? I know the point's been made, but seeing all the people talking about him getting raped and beaten just confuses me. At what line do you go from bemused onlooker to righteous crusader?

Vick is going to be made an example, and really I can't argue with that. I'm interested to see exactly what Vick cops to next week.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not as if people who wish to see Vick jailed are fine with Little walking the streets and playing in the NFL.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:38 PM

Location: ***yankees offseason thread*** oh and Gd River Ave Blues

does bodog have O/U on the vick sentence?
Old 08-21-2007, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I hope they make him fight other inmates to the death while he is in jail. Gather crowds of rich guys around him and let them bet on it. Then if he loses electrocute and/or drown him.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was the premise of an episode of "Walker: Texas Ranger" I believe.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can confirm that this is an episode of Texas Ranger. I great one if I do say so myself.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I hope they make him fight other inmates to the death while he is in jail. Gather crowds of rich guys around him and let them bet on it. Then if he loses electrocute and/or drown him.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was the premise of an episode of "Walker: Texas Ranger" I believe.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can confirm that this is an episode of Texas Ranger. I great one if I do say so myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I had assumed he was joking. But now that I think of it, no Walker Texas Ranger premise is unbelievable.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, LOL at people all of a sudden wanting Vick to be assraped in prison and hoping he gets beaten or killed. I don't support dogfighting for one minute, but there are plenty of equally scummy guys and more consistently criminal guys than Vick in the league. Leonard Little KILLED A WOMAN DRIVING WITH A BAC OF POINT ONE [censored] NINE! And this guy who took away the life of a mother/daughter/wife just got himself a nice little 3 year contract extension after doing NINETY [censored] DAYS IN JAIL.

The difference? Dogs are cute, and most of us can relate to how we'd feel if little Fido were involved. Thankfully, most of us don't know what its like to have someone we love killed by some retard driving drunk. Again, dogfighting is sick for sure, but where's the moral equivalence for some of you people? I know the point's been made, but seeing all the people talking about him getting raped and beaten just confuses me. At what line do you go from bemused onlooker to righteous crusader?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have basically been arguing these points in the OOT thread and I think most of the posters there would like to kill me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not kill you, just see you electrocuted, drowned then hanged for a while.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:17 PM

I see your point, but what Ookie and the boys did was pre-meditated. They planned to kill the dogs.

Little only planned to get drunk and drive (which of course is conducive to killing someone), but his intent that night couldn't have been to kill someone due to poor driving.

But yes, we should all value human lives moreso than dog lives. And I'm a dog lover. In fact, I get angry when people (such as on celebrity Poker) donate money to dog and cat charities when we still need to cure Cancer in humans.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I see your point, but what Ookie and the boys did was pre-meditated. They planned to kill the dogs.

Little only planned to get drunk and drive (which of course is conducive to killing someone), but his intent that night couldn't have been to kill someone due to poor driving.

But yes, we should all value human lives moreso than dog lives. And I'm a dog lover. In fact, I get angry when people (such as on celebrity Poker) donate money to dog and cat charities when we still need to cure Cancer in humans.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pre-meditated doesn't matter. A stupid mistake that kills someone>>>>>planning to fight/gamble/and kill dogs.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pre-meditated doesn't matter. A stupid mistake that kills someone>>>>>planning to fight/gamble/and kill dogs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not according to our society. Your theory isn't status quo.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...I don't support dogfighting for one minute, but there are plenty of equally scummy guys and more consistently criminal guys than Vick in the league. Leonard Little KILLED A WOMAN DRIVING WITH A BAC OF POINT ONE [censored] NINE! And this guy who took away the life of a mother/daughter/wife just got himself a nice little 3 year contract extension after doing NINETY [censored] DAYS IN JAIL.

[/ QUOTE ]
Edge:

I agree that the above examples are horrible. But, just because they got of light does not mean Vick should as well.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...I don't support dogfighting for one minute, but there are plenty of equally scummy guys and more consistently criminal guys than Vick in the league. Leonard Little KILLED A WOMAN DRIVING WITH A BAC OF POINT ONE [censored] NINE! And this guy who took away the life of a mother/daughter/wife just got himself a nice little 3 year contract extension after doing NINETY [censored] DAYS IN JAIL.

[/ QUOTE ]
Edge:

I agree that the above examples are horrible. But, just because they got of light does not mean Vick should as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, Little is quite a douche animal. He also got another DUI and still roams the streets waiting to take out all of our families.