Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2006, 02:50 AM

Default Re: Ultimate Bet Owes Me 20k

I have more to say about this but will wait to see if UB calls tomorrow.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What happened was this: one person in their fraud dept determined that he committed fraud and closed his account. For most people, including Eric, that would have been the end of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Assume Eric is guilty. That makes these two cases different.

[/ QUOTE ]

Both Eric and the OP were accused of cheating or something. You automatically assumed one is guilty because of his low post count.

Mistakes do happen. They do not have poker experts conducting these investigations. And I doubt they have anyone double-check his conclusions even when they're taking the extraordinary step of confiscating money.

It is outrageous that they don't provide the necessary details for the accused to defend themselves, or even have any procedure where the accused can be heard by another party in their organization.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:53 AM

Your wrong,people assumed he was cheating because of the facts involved.Theres a difference.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:54 AM

Btw,last paragraph i agree with 100%.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your wrong,people assumed he was cheating because of the facts involved.Theres a difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

And where did those 'facts' come from? FTPDoug. And all he did was ask the Fraud Dept what happened, and they told him what they concluded.

Doug himself has said that he's not in that dept and has no expertise in the matter. He did not push for an independent review of the case. He just took the word of the original investigator and treated it as gospel, as you are also doing.

If that one investigator had made a mistake initially, and gets to repeat his conclusion a second time without an independent review, it does not make his initial conclusion any more accurate or believable.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:14 AM

Some came from Doug,some from the OP himself.Combine these two and your boy looks like a thief.Using your evaulation theory,no one would ever be guilty.But lets agree to disagree,this is not the proper post to discuss this,this is about G2CU`s situation so im not debating this any further here.
Old 12-06-2006, 04:36 AM

The thing that concerns me the most about this situation as opposed to all the other "X site stole money from me" posts is that good2cu seems to have played extensively, over a long period of time, and has probably made many succesful deposits and withdrawls at UB prior to his funds being frozen. In these type situations, the facts that come to light are usually completely the opposite: the account was just recently been opened, the player played for a weekend and his first withdrawal was frozen.

I have always assumed that when you have been at a site for more than a few months and have played 50-100Kish hands, without incident, that you would be given the benfit of the doubt (and expedited resolution) if your account has been flagged for investigation.

If investigations can not be handled in this manner I would move my play elsewhere.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:15 AM

There are several different types of "Fraud" that would be investigated... let's wait for OP to provide more details on what he has learned, which he seemed to indicate that he would shortly.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"I probably don't need to worry, though. I only play on Stars now. "

typical, short memory, false sense of security. anyone remember teddyfbi's mom?

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE difference with this. IIRC Stars didn't withhold any funds, they just barred Teddy's mom. They dropped the ball after that though.

John
Old 12-06-2006, 04:33 PM

Still haven't heard from UB and I can't withdraw the rest of the money in my account. =/ lol. Just fired off this email to them as I never got another email/phone call.

"Thanks for resolving this issue quickly. I am just wondering what exactly I was under investigation for. I am a professional poker player (primarily online) and have played 1 million+ hands this year and have made many deposits/withdraws on basically every major poker site without incident. I still find the fact that my account could be so easily closed with a large sum of money in it very unnerving. I am even afraid that if I did not have the reputation I do in the online community that this matter wouldn’t of been handled so quickly. Furthermore, I am still unable to withdraw the rest of the money I have in my account. I get the error, “We are sorry, but you are not allowed to make withdrawals. If you have any questions, please contact memberservices.” Why is this? Looking forward to hearing a response.

-Andrew “good2cu” Robl
www.shipitholla.com"